Brutallus Strat (Possible New)?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Brutallus Strat (Possible New)?

Postby Moogle » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:54 pm

I was thinking of a 3 tank strategy. 2 MTs that do the normal strategy and a 3rd "mobile" tank. This would pretty much eliminate the Stomp debuff from the duration of the fight.

Tank A is currently tanking and takes a stomp. The mobile tank taunts off Tank A and keeps tanking. Tank A becomes the mobile tank. 3 meteor slashes later, Tank B taunts so it's on the next group. The "mobile" tank moves to the other group with it. When Tank B takes a stomp, Tank A (mobile tank) taunts off Tank B and tanks. Tank B becomes the mobile tank and so on.
Moogle

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm

The DPS timer hurts any 3 tank strategy when you're progressing. And once it's farm a third tank would just add time.

I also think meteor slash timed with stomps would consistently kill the stomp tank due to the timers between the two.
Elsie

Postby Arquine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:03 pm

your dps won't cut it with 3 tanks if it's a progress raid I think. I know it's been suggested on the early brutallus thread when all end guilds were trying it.
Arquine

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Stomp and Slash timers are such that if you taunt on every stomp pretty soon people have 4 slashes and die.

Also, 3rd tank nerfs dps and is bad, etc etc.

But it's the overlapping timers that'll really get you.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:09 pm

I would point out, though, that some guilds initially used a prot paladin to out-range meteor slash.
Elsie

Postby Arquine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Elsie wrote:I would point out, though, that some guilds initially used a prot paladin to out-range meteor slash.

won't brut start moving? how does that work?
Arquine

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:19 pm

It was nerfed later however.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:24 pm

won't brut start moving? how does that work?

As worldie said, they changed meteor slash to 180 degrees with near-unlimited range to prevent it. Moving didn't matter (meteor slash has a cast time) because there was no need to position carefully. I merely brought it up to say "Some guilds were able to beat the timer with 3 tanks."

They did it by removing meteor slash, though, and probably replaced healers at that point. The timers don't really allow for removing stomp because overlapping meteor slashes would kill the third tank at some point. It would also interrupt tank threat.
Elsie

Postby Mex » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Our progression kill was with 2 tanks and 8 healers. We currently 7 heal it, and could quite easily 6 heal it if we used a third tank to remove stomp.

It's worth experimenting with -- you'd have to sub a healer for the tank though, which would actually be a slight DPS gain (tank will do more damage than a healer, unless it's a shaman!)
Mex

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:18 am

The #1 killer of tanks on this fight is Stomp, but the #2 is healing transitions, and it's a close #2. I am quite certain that for every Stomp death you prevent you will have a death due to a bad transition.

The real way to do 3-tanks with the current meteor slash would involve the melee moving around a lot or soaking slashes. Not sure if that'd even work anyway.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Sunwell Plateau