Remove Advertisements

Foreseeable Problems with Holy Dmg Multipliers

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Foreseeable Problems with Holy Dmg Multipliers

Postby earanduin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:18 am

I'm a little concerned for the seemingly lack of concern displayed by others when looking at the comparison between Curse of Elements, Earth & Moon and Ebon Plague. The former two increase all magical dmg EXCEPT for holy, whereas the latter includes ALL schools (incl. holy).

Blizzard seemed to go out of their way to list the 5 other magical schools in the tooltip for both CoE and E&M.

Curse of the Elements
Rank 4
Lvl 69
Curses the target for 5 min, reducing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow resistances by 88 and increasing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow damage taken by 10%. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.
10% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

Earth and Moon
Rank 5
LvL 10
Your Wrath and Starfire spells have a 100% chance to to apply the Earth and Moon effect, which increases Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow damage taken by 13% for 12 sec.

My biggest issue is that Ebon Plague buffs holy dmg in addition to the other schools - what I don't want to see is Blizzard balancing our threat against the buff that 1 spec out of 30 can bring to the raid.

Am I alone in being concerned about this??

I didn't see much concern on my previous post http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=12863
earanduin

Re: Foreseeable Problems with Holy Dmg Multipliers

Postby lusisia » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:28 am

earanduin wrote:I'm a little concerned for the seemingly lack of concern displayed by others when looking at the comparison between Curse of Elements, Earth & Moon and Ebon Plague. The former two increase all magical dmg EXCEPT for holy, whereas the latter includes ALL schools (incl. holy).

Blizzard seemed to go out of their way to list the 5 other magical schools in the tooltip for both CoE and E&M.

Curse of the Elements
Rank 4
Lvl 69
Curses the target for 5 min, reducing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow resistances by 88 and increasing Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow damage taken by 10%. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.
10% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast

Earth and Moon
Rank 5
LvL 10
Your Wrath and Starfire spells have a 100% chance to to apply the Earth and Moon effect, which increases Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature and Shadow damage taken by 13% for 12 sec.

My biggest issue is that Ebon Plague buffs holy dmg in addition to the other schools - what I don't want to see is Blizzard balancing our threat against the buff that 1 spec out of 30 can bring to the raid.

Am I alone in being concerned about this??

I didn't see much concern on my previous post http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=12863

I don't think that will happen. Did Blizzard balance our threat because some people took Sanc. Aura or ran with a Ret. Pally? That's essentially what this is.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:36 am

I'm still forcing 1 unholy DK per raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby earanduin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:11 am

Well, if our threat is good without Ebon Plague, then might aswell go get yourself an Unholy DK to put Ebon Plague up for you for 13% extra holy dmg, then ask your prot warrior friend to give you Vigilance for a loss of 10% threat but give you 5% dodge for the big heavy hitter fights.

With rogues now giving you misdirects, I can see using Vigilance alot more often.
earanduin

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:26 am

earanduin wrote:Well, if our threat is good without Ebon Plague, then might aswell go get yourself an Unholy DK to put Ebon Plague up for you for 13% extra holy dmg, then ask your prot warrior friend to give you Vigilance for a loss of 10% threat but give you 5% dodge for the big heavy hitter fights.

With rogues now giving you misdirects, I can see using Vigilance alot more often.

I wish warlocks would gives us MDs!
Io.Draco

Postby crabcrouton » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Ebon Plague is going to be changed to be the same way. Yay for uniformity and a jilted chance to get buffed =/
crabcrouton

Return to WotLK