Login screen music

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Login screen music

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:06 am

It's now Black Temple music o_O (slightly reworked, but it's definitively that).

I love it but i liked the old one more :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Login screen music

Postby Soltyr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:30 am

Worldie wrote:It's now Black Temple music o_O (slightly reworked, but it's definitively that).

I love it but i liked the old one more :(

I don't know.. just tuned the music off with the new login options tool while I'm in the process of:
    - Authenticating
    - Handshaking
    - Connected
    - Disconnected from the server

Rise and repeat
Soltyr

Postby Dimetrius » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:24 am

Strange, I still get the old music.

Makes the process of not connecting that much more enjoyable :(
Dimetrius

Postby Soltyr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:52 pm

I guess I'll test the new stuff when the 3.0.2 will go live -.-'

Someone from the EU com able to join the server after the patch?
(I'm not saying it was better before...)

ps: Gratz to the Wordie's Dragon!
Noticed another little shiny update.
Brought the puppy to the drake-washer?
Last edited by Soltyr on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soltyr

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Yup they added more shineys to the dragon.

The music in last 5 hours of attempts looked like alternating between Sunwell and BT music.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arsyn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Soltyr wrote:I guess I'll test the new stuff when the 3.0.2 will go live -.-'

Someone from the EU com able to join the server after the patch?
(I'm not saying it was better before...)

ps: Gratz to the Wordie's Dragon!
Noticed another little shiny update.
Brought the puppy to the drake-washer?

What makes you think it will be any better when it goes live? :P

As spoken by an Earthen Ring veteran. :(
Arsyn

Postby d503 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 pm

From BlizzCast #4:

Russell: So what this is, I’ve taken the march that’s in 7:4 that’s been in both versions of the login screen music to date and re-envisioned it once again, this time I’m going a little more primal. The first version was very dark and had a timbre that was mostly achieved with synthesizers, but definitely had a strong mood of something brewing. And then the second version for Burning Crusade was for one thing, a live orchestra but was also filled out in a completely different way. It was a little more like an overture as opposed to a piece of film score. So I wanted to find with the version for Wrath of the Lich King something in between that echoed of really classic fantasy film scores but would bring to bear the power of the 96 piece orchestra that we had and 90 voices that we had in the choir.

My thought process behind choosing the sections of the login screen music were that we should have something old and something new and visit all of the releases of World of Warcraft. So there are pieces from the initial release in 2004 kind of re-imagined or revisited, rearranged into something that you might not expect. There are a few quotations from Burning Crusade as well as some of the patches like Black Temple and Fury of the Sunwell. And then there are some themes from Wrath of the Lich King. These are all part of the World of Warcraft so over a course of seven plus minutes instead of, we’re up from four in Burning Crusade, the orchestra and this wonderful choir take you on this little journey through places you may remember or that you have yet to encounter that you have yet to enjoy and hopefully shed a little light on what’s in store for you in Wrath of the Lich King.

Nethaera: So it’s very much a musical chronicle.

Russell: Yes, and I hope to certainly update it with each major expansion, much as we’ve done now.

Food for thought.
d503

Return to WotLK