Heroic Shattered halls question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Shattered halls question

Postby mandm413 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 pm

What is the unbuffed HP requirement to tank Heroic shattered halls. I was under the impression that I would be ok in all the heroics and was told today that I needed to be at 15-16k unbuffed hp to do this one.

Now I am not a raider, I don't have the time and don't have the guild to do it, but I don't really have any upgrades outside of badge gear and heroics where I am. I am at work so I can't link the armory (Immanuel on Khadgar US) but I have 12.9k hp with kings on 508 defense, 15.93 dodge, 16.32 parry, 16.39 block, and 286 base spell damage without wizard oil applied.

If they were correct and I need that type of hp I will keep working on my badges in the easier heroics but I have tanked heroic bf and I thought that was one of the tougher ones. Anyway thanks for the input.

Edit: I am working on a couple more enchants on my gear that I have not gotten yet (gloves and bracers)
mandm413

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Rofl, 15k unbuffed. No. I wouldn't try AoE tanking it without around 18-9% dodge and 13k hp though. You would be fine with some CC.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby mandm413 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks, I should break the 13k hp when I get my gloves done, and I am working on the dodge.
mandm413

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Best way to find out is to actually try. Assuming you have a friendly healer to try it with.
If it's borderline go with Double SoL that'll help...and keep your trigger finger on healing pots and LoH.
Chevalier

Postby tagmir » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 pm

I've been tanking it for a while now and my stats were close to what you have when I started it. The only time I really have problems at all are the gladiator packs, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
tagmir

Re: Heroic Shattered halls question

Postby Harlequina » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:11 am

mandm413 wrote:but I have tanked heroic bf

And it won't be harder than that. :p
Harlequina

Postby mandm413 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Thank you all for the responses, I thought the guy was wrong but I wanted to ask the experts.

I got my badge libram today and my bracer enchant so hopefully I will be able to get in a group for heroic shattered halls this weekend and report back.
mandm413

Postby Keion » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:16 am

Just make sure to bring good DPS if you PuG. Some bosses here have DPS race aspect. And make sure your healer knows to spam big heals when needed and drink between some pulls. I'd say that as long as the tank is paladin the gear of healer and DPSers means more in SH HC.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby Marker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 am

I did it loads of times without the stats you're discribing. Hell, I just recently got to 16k HP unbuffed and that's full badge/kara/craftables, but now the run is a 35-40 min AoE-extravaganza

If you intend to do it without CC, there's a couple of pulls that can get hard. Especially the group in the same room as the first gladiators.

HC SH is just as much about knowing how/where to LoS, what mob to stun and when to pop your trinkets.

..and ofc, a healer that knows where the bigassheal(maxrank)-button is.
Marker

Postby Katerina » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 am

I agree with the above. You should be fine with an appropriate healer, dps smart enough to not hit stuff until you have it LoS'd, and careful pulling. (I tend to get double pulls at times, lol). As a bit of advice, I found free action potions useful for some pulls with the guys that stun (I forget their names). Not being able to block/dodge/parry while five or six guys beat on you is not-so-good. :) They are also useful in the hallway with the rogues.... though if you have someone who can see stealth or shoot flares/etc that will help. If your healer is squishy (priest or a tree, especially) then you may find it helpful to BoP him during the last boss' second blade dance.

Shat Halls seems shorter (or at least less trash) and is worth five badges; so having done BF, you should totally do SH :)
Katerina

Postby Outback » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am

Use LoS on every possible pull. And honestly, don't do the gladiators if you only have 13k with kings and no fort. Well unless you like dying. Those things creamed me. We're just careful and avoid them. Until after the run is finished and the enchanted want the pattern from them :P
Outback

Postby Tyaera » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 pm

If you can survive heroic BF, you can survive heroic Shattered Halls.

Did Heroic BF with a resto druid in our guild, and I'm in full badge and t6 gear, and still my health got uncomfrotably low at points, whereas doing HSh my health didn't even move.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby caboom » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:20 am

just out of curiosity who told u need 15k hp? the healer or the dps? do they even play, or have played a tank before?
caboom

Postby blkthunder » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:44 am

yeah, 15k is ridiculously high for any minimum tbh. People forget that these instances were made for blue wearing, before-badge-gear wearing people to test their skills. If its not ez mode they dont wanna try. Keep your distance from that healer, hes not the kinda player you wanna try running with i.e. bailing after a wipe. Just make sure to treat it like its srs bsns (devo, stam food, major fort pot, prot/stam scrolls, etc...) and let the healer know their gonna have to be on their toes.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby Lousiana » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:46 pm

I assume you know the pulls from normal mode. So if you wipe at a certain point because you just pulled accordingly the same group as in normal mode because they hit pansy in normal mode - rethink.

Ask your healer if it is easy to keep you up - than you may have had just some unlucky crit-in-the-back-combo.

If he admitts that its hard try some CC. All those youtubes and elswhere-forum-posts about pulling whole rooms were made from Tankadins with way better gear, than you have at the moment.

Don't be ashamed to use CC even if it seems to you in that moment as a step backwards.

Ask yourself. CC or potential wipefest.
Lousiana

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics