Remove Advertisements

New Glyphs

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

New Glyphs

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Well they are pretty lame, maybe they'll add one for sanctuary in give it a 4% increase but only for us :)

Glyph of Blessing of Kings -- Reduce the mana cost of your Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings spells by 50%.
Glyph of Sense Undead -- Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability
Glyph of the Warhorse -- Reduce the casting time of your Summon Charger and Summon Warhorse spells by 0.5 sec.
Glyph of Lay on Hands -- Increases the mana restored by your Lay on Hands spell by 5%.
Glyph of Blessing of Might -- Increases the duration of your Blessing of Might spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.
Glyph of Blessing of Wisdom -- Increases the duration of your Blessing of Wisdom spell by 20 min when cast on yourself.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 pm

give me my butterfly wings! :(
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Jensaarai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Glyph of Blessing of Kings -- Reduce the mana cost of your Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings spells by 50%.

I seriously lol'd at this. Are they for real?
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Those aren't very good. :( The first ones were way better.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Glyph of Sense Undead -- Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability

I think this is one worth getting for Naxx
Chevalier

Postby Selinaria » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 pm

I am hoping to god that these are the minor glyphs

Because no one in their right minds will take those for one of their 3 major glyphs. :|
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Chevalier wrote:Glyph of Sense Undead -- Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability

At the very least it would remind me that I have Sense Undead. I always forget about it ;D
Fizzgig

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Haha, I know they're bad, but you need to level up the profession on cheap useless stuff right? If you look at mmo-champion they released a bunch of them for a few of the classes and they are all of the same ilk.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Selinaria » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Haha, I know they're bad, but you need to level up the profession on cheap useless stuff right? If you look at mmo-champion they released a bunch of them for a few of the classes and they are all of the same ilk.

Actually Fridmarr is probably spot on with this, this will be the kinda levelling stuff to take you from 100+.

My DK on beta is 130 points into inscription and thus far all you can make is scrolls of X which isn't really much fun :wink:
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Velgarn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Fizzgig wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Glyph of Sense Undead -- Damage against Undead increased by 1% while your Sense Undead ability

At the very least it would remind me that I have Sense Undead. I always forget about it ;D

Now if only I can find a way to sense undead, without asploding my mini-map. :lol: But I'd pick this up for all the undead we are likely to kill... now if only they gave us 'track evil' (or sense undead, and demons) and gave us the 1% to both! :twisted:
Velgarn

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:12 am

I noticed a lot of the glyph tooltips in game list a 1 hour cooldown. I'm assuming that's the cooldown on swapping them out? Anyone know?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Selinaria » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:16 am

It's to swap em out. I made a shit ton of em on my DK today and messed around with a variety of pally ones.
Selinaria

Postby Capt » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 am

can you swap them like gear (with a CD) or is it like gems? cause this could be worse then re-specing if you need like a bankfull of them to go from dps-->tank ect
Altar of Storms; CaptSheridan (70 protection paladin) Class master of paladin's Manus Domini
Capt

Postby Selinaria » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:35 am

Its like gems but its much easier to swap. Considering a glyph is really only 1 dye + 1 parchment and you get about 2 to 3 dyes per 5 herbs milled, its pretty easy to make em.

When I was messing around on my deathknight tonight to level, I made 5 glyphs of consecration, 5 of righteous defense, 5 of judgement, 5 of holy and 5 of blessing of kings.

So basically the way things are designed now, if you wanna be optimal you will destroy and replace your glyphs every respec.
Selinaria

Return to WotLK