Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Blessing of Sanctuary

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi

Gives all members of the raid or group that share the same class with the target the Greater Blessing of Sanctuary, reducing damage taken from all sources by 3% for 30 min. In addition, when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack the target will gain 10 rage, 20 runic power, or 2% of maximum mana. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.
Last edited by Worldie on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm

You see it?

THE MANA ON BLOCK

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:57 pm

How many seconds did you beat me by :P

Yah, that assures us a role in any raid...and solves our mana problems when overgeared overnight. Great change.
Chevalier

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 pm

Well, sorta. It's a great buff, but it means Holy Paladins (or Ret) will have to spec down into Kings, since tanks will want both.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Ahms » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 pm

wooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm

no joke, right?

what about kings?

and, btw, weee!!!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Wow Sanctuary is now actually a good talent for any tank. Good job blizzard. Yeah, not sure how it'll work out with kings. Maybe kings will be baseline, but regardless, this is a buch better spell now.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:09 pm

The main thing i'm happy about, is that now sanctuary alone is enough reason to get a prot paladin in raid, unless you want a (gimp) disc priest. (For Grace which is anyway a proc skill).

That said, i'm expecting to see Kings baseline soon. The QQ from holys will be enough big.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Sexy news, frees up 1 talent point for me not needing kings!
Fizzgig

Postby earanduin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Sooo, if u are single-target tanking, based on a 2sec timer you will get nearly 750 - 1000 mana over 10seconds (depending on the size of your mana pool of course).

Multitarget tanking will yield unlimited mana -- goodbye reckoning, hello SS (again)
earanduin

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Worldie wrote:The main thing i'm happy about, is that now sanctuary alone is enough reason to get a prot paladin in raid, unless you want a (gimp) disc priest. (For Grace which is anyway a proc skill).

That said, i'm expecting to see Kings baseline soon. The QQ from holys will be enough big.

Well, let's not get TOO excited. People had been arguing with me about what off-tree Holy Paladins would spec into for a while, saying that Kings will be something the Holy Paladins will pick up (an argument I didn't buy). Well, a Holy Paladin can sacrifice just a little more, and pick up Divine Guardian with Kings, Imp RF, and Sanctuary.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sxA0xrzhVuMxRxVGzhT0z

I was really hoping for something that is self-based and not castable on all tanks, too.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Modus....why do you hate your own class so much. You're constantly negative or looking for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop. Lighten up a bit man. ;)
Fizzgig

Postby Legionp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm

is there a limit to how often this mana proc can happen? This makes large group aoe farming retardedly easy (I plan to single pull black morass at 70 to level in wotlk the first coupe days of release).
Legionp

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Fizzgig wrote:Modus....why do you hate your own class so much. You're constantly negative or looking for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop. Lighten up a bit man. ;)

It's a good buff, but I think it's taking it a step far to call it "alone, enough reason to bring a prot paladin to raid."
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm

I just hate the notion of people always thinking they have to prove "I BRING ABC" to the raid as a tank. People tend to make things too black and white. This is a change for the better, lets see what else happens along those lines.
Fizzgig

Next

Return to WotLK