New round of invites?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

New round of invites?

Postby lusisia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 am

I just got a beta invite and manually went to the Blizzard account site and it was valid!

Hope to see you guys around and do some actual testing.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 am

God dammit, two guys in my guild is playing the beta, and I´m left behind =/
Andox

Postby ulushnar » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:31 am

I'm hoping they put on another EU server before they do more invites. The current one is overtaxed to breaking point.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sartor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:42 am

I prefer to wait till they made pre-made characters... too many people are already level 80, and I will level up anyway again on live.

Besides people who are in the beta would probably be restricted out of the PTR for 3.0 on live - the PTR would actually help me train with my current gear.
Sartor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 am

Ulushnar wrote:I'm hoping they put on another EU server before they do more invites. The current one is overtaxed to breaking point.

I feel like Northrend (US PvE) is empty all the time except during normal evening hours. :(

Sartor wrote:I prefer to wait till they made pre-made characters... too many people are already level 80, and I will level up anyway again on live.

Yeah, I was pretty excited to get into beta, but then remembered that I don't really LIKE leveling... I just do it to hit the level cap, and it's a steep XP curve, considering we'll have premade 80s in a bit. Anyway, I do instances, and they aren't too bad if you're rested.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby ulushnar » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:41 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:I'm hoping they put on another EU server before they do more invites. The current one is overtaxed to breaking point.

I feel like Northrend (US PvE) is empty all the time except during normal evening hours. :(

Coldarra may be like that as well, but since I only get to try Beta during peak times (weekday evenings and weekends) then it's nigh-impossible to get stuff done.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:45 am

Some of my guildies got (this time real) invited yesterday, so definitively a new round got out.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:29 am

I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football out from under him. Blizz being Lucy, and the football being a Beta invite.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Jessiespano » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:38 am

afaik, they've been doing waves of opt-in invites every friday.
Jessiespano

Postby lusisia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:39 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football out from under him. Blizz being Lucy, and the football being a Beta invite.

Aww damn. That is the single saddest thing I've ever heard.

You want my beta invite?

*yank*

EDIT: just playing. I know how much it sucks. I really wish I had gotten in earlier because Beta is PERFECT for my limited schedule right now.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 am

still left in the dust.

-__-;
Chunes

Postby Origon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am

*wishes he had one* would help with the gf's bday present >_<
Origon

Postby Jessiespano » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:30 pm

I actually got 2 separate optin invites myself. I actually cancelled my horde account after the first invite came in, since I was only keeping it open in the hopes of getting one, and immediately after cancelling that acct, I got a second, which I gave to our guild leader, who has a pretty good selection of classes on his account and runs a lot of instances with me.
Jessiespano

Return to WotLK