Bubble Wrath Pull

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bubble Wrath Pull

Postby blkthunder » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:19 am

Does anyone else use this method to aggro an entire room onto you as an opener? Its got great threat for all targets affected, but it never seems to go as planned.

How do you counter the lone dpser that chooses to join you in the shenanigans only to die instantly, or the over-zealous healer who thinks you are made of glass?
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Re: Bubble Wrath Pull

Postby bigdunka » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:40 am

blkthunder wrote:Does anyone else use this method to aggro an entire room onto you as an opener?

Curious on why you would need to use this, especially in Kara, or even if it works. You aren't going to generate any hate while you are bubbled and they are just going to run after somebody else. There shouldn't be any mob pulls in Kara where you can't just use your shield and survive.

blkthunder wrote:How do you counter the lone dpser that chooses to join you in the shenanigans only to die instantly, or the over-zealous healer who thinks you are made of glass?

You let the DPSer continue to die, they will get the clue eventually. It is not your job to keep a DPS alive that can't control their aggro.

And as for the healer, unless they are having mana issues, I wouldn't change anything. It is a LOT better to get overhealed and live than underhealed and die.
bigdunka

Postby blkthunder » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:48 am

AS only hits 3 targets at about 600ish a piece. Holy wrath hits all the undead/demons in range for 800ish. So its a bit more threat on a larget number of targets. When you're the first in the room, they'll aggro to you regardless of if u have a bubble up or not, so you have all mobs gathered onto you from the begining, and works well with consecrate.

The problem is the dpser will aggro them at enough range so that they pull the 8 or so mobs to the rest of the group will also aggro, and the healer casts a heal before the bubble is canceled or fades.
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Postby ulushnar » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:00 am

I use this in one place: The room before Illhoof with the casters and imps, so that all the casters are gathered up in one nice aoe pile.

It's also got amusement value since usually at least one person in the raid isn't paying attention and aggros something early.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Re: Bubble Wrath Pull

Postby Base » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:07 am

bigdunka wrote:Curious on why you would need to use this, especially in Kara, or even if it works. You aren't going to generate any hate while you are bubbled and they are just going to run after somebody else.

You still generate threat while bubbled - the mobs will just ignore you if there is someone else on their threat table. But, as long as no-one heals/buffs/attacks and you have initial aggro then the mobs will stay on you.
Base

Postby bigdunka » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am

blkthunder wrote:AS only hits 3 targets at about 600ish a piece. Holy wrath hits all the undead/demons in range for 800ish. So its a bit more threat on a larget number of targets. When you're the first in the room, they'll aggro to you regardless of if u have a bubble up or not, so you have all mobs gathered onto you from the begining, and works well with consecrate.

The problem is the dpser will aggro them at enough range so that they pull the 8 or so mobs to the rest of the group will also aggro, and the healer casts a heal before the bubble is canceled or fades.

I could see this to get the room going for you, but you'd have to cancel the bubble before anybody else does anything. Then again, you can just step in and they should all aggro to you anyway.

*shrug* I guess I've just never tried it like that before, never felt the need. If timed properly and bubble canceled, I'm assuming it should work pretty well as long as the other DPSers don't rush in.
bigdunka

Postby Brute » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah I would want to use this on the Moroes fight but it tends to hurt more than it helps.

800 holy damage on all of them right from the get go should theoretically be a good thing, but some raid member always ruins it.
Brute

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:15 pm

I always bubble-pull the room before illhoof. I just clearly explain that if anyone does anything it won't work. I run in with divine shield on...

Run to the center of the room.
Consecrate.
Wait about 3 seconds, then hit my cancelaura macro.
Call for dps and heals.

It really works wonders because aoe opens up with all the casters all in a nice neat little group. Just about everything else is melee though and I just pull normally and have it run to me.
Holyfuri

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:20 pm

bigdunka wrote:
blkthunder wrote:AS only hits 3 targets at about 600ish a piece. Holy wrath hits all the undead/demons in range for 800ish. So its a bit more threat on a larget number of targets. When you're the first in the room, they'll aggro to you regardless of if u have a bubble up or not, so you have all mobs gathered onto you from the begining, and works well with consecrate.

I could see this to get the room going for you, but you'd have to cancel the bubble before anybody else does anything. Then again, you can just step in and they should all aggro to you anyway.

*shrug* I guess I've just never tried it like that before, never felt the need. If timed properly and bubble canceled, I'm assuming it should work pretty well as long as the other DPSers don't rush in.

I do this in the room outside of Moroes room after we've cleared the the big hitting guys. Basically, I bubble and run to the other end of the room aggroing everyone, holy wrath, consecrate and then drop the bubble. No one does anything until they see my consecrate. It work really really well, having 2k threat on every mob is a good thing, and it's really easy to do.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Martie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:03 am

I'm not the raid leader or main puller of our guild (yet), so I don't pull every set of mobs.

Whenever I see a mob where I think that AoE comes in handy, I toss my shield, step around a corner and consecrate as soon as they hit me. Any mob where my healers can comfortably keep up with more then three hitting me dies within seconds to the mass AoE my dps throws on them. They don't have the time to aggro something else, they just die.

I tried using holy wrath on one of those non-melee pulls. I missed the entire mob I wanted to hit, but did manage to pull a lone patrolling elite. I decided that it wasn't handy or required, so I stopped using it.
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:54 am

Martie wrote:I'm not the raid leader or main puller of our guild (yet), so I don't pull every set of mobs.

Whenever I see a mob where I think that AoE comes in handy, I toss my shield, step around a corner and consecrate as soon as they hit me. Any mob where my healers can comfortably keep up with more then three hitting me dies within seconds to the mass AoE my dps throws on them. They don't have the time to aggro something else, they just die.

I tried using holy wrath on one of those non-melee pulls. I missed the entire mob I wanted to hit, but did manage to pull a lone patrolling elite. I decided that it wasn't handy or required, so I stopped using it.

Holy wrath takes some practice to get used to using, but once you learn your distances it is an awesome tool for pulling in karazhan.

I use it at the first pull to pull all three horses at once...

I use it at the top of the steps to get two aoe groups and a pat at the same time...

I use it in front of the big table in moroes' room to pull both aoe packs on the sides of him at once...

I use it on the shades on the way to illhoof/aran...

It can be very tricky to get the positioning down to cast the spell without aggroing and still reaching the mobs you want. Sometimes you might pull extra groups accidentally, but it just makes the run more fun imo.

We all laugh anymore when I accidentally get an extra group with a holy wrath. Last time the two healers were pallys with me in there and all three of us were using holy wraths like crazy, lol. A few accidental pulls, but it's all fun.
Holyfuri

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 am

I do this but I don't bubble. I have my OT(usually a feral druid) run in first and then I'll pop wings holy wratch conc and they're glued to me. This works great when AOE tanking Moroes adds. Usually the skull will need kited but everything else sticks to me like glue.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 am

ShaiHulud wrote:I do this but I don't bubble. I have my OT(usually a feral druid) run in first and then I'll pop wings holy wratch conc and they're glued to me. This works great when AOE tanking Moroes adds. Usually the skull will need kited but everything else sticks to me like glue.

I just kill the spriest first then moroes, and tank all his adds and himself, lol.

I must admit though that I take quite a bit of damage at times with my back turned to him and all his adds. It's definetely more fun that way though, lol.
Holyfuri

Postby sightt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:11 am

I do a buble pull in one place in kara the room before illhoof with the casters and imps.
I tell all dps and heals to stay in the hallway and do nothing untill i tell them to. Then I run in to the center of the room then hit bubble, toss out a concencrate followed by wrath (only effects the imps but fun.) Once the bubble drops i tell dps to come in and start AE. All the ppl who see me do this for the first time are totally shocked at how easymode the room becomes.

But I might just try it on a few more mobs now that I think of it to help with speed runs, if we have enough ae dps.
sightt

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:33 pm

Ulushnar wrote:I use this in one place: The room before Illhoof with the casters and imps, so that all the casters are gathered up in one nice aoe pile.

It's also got amusement value since usually at least one person in the raid isn't paying attention and aggros something early.

happened last night, DPS warrior popped bloodrage
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Next

Return to Karazhan