Netherspite help

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Netherspite help

Postby Martie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:13 am

Netherspite gave our guild some trouble last night.
We downed prince, but on Netherspite (after having some initial trouble with the beams, my tanking buddy Hutz and I got it down) we couldn't kill him.

I suspect that our 'tactics' man was using a tactic for well-geared groups, as he just wanted us to heal through the nether breath. Since I'm no fool, and think that taking damage is bad, I decided to avoid it best I could. (By standing under his ar..... tail.)

We didn't do badly, the healers did an admirable job, but the nether breath was just too much.

I remember on my old guild we ran out of it's sight, that seemed to work even though there were plenty well geared people in there.
WowWiki tells me we should all try our best to stand at his backside.

Any advice?

(Armory in sig, Hutz is our other tank, gear comments are welcome too.)
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Pyrates » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 am

You gave the advice yourself: Just run away, prevents loads of damage, just leave the next assigned tank and his healer with him.

If you can't get through with this, you might wanna try standing in a circle around him, minimizing the number of people affected by the breath.
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
Pyrates

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 am

Pyrates wrote:You gave the advice yourself: Just run away, prevents loads of damage, just leave the next assigned tank and his healer with him.

If you can't get through with this, you might wanna try standing in a circle around him, minimizing the number of people affected by the breath.

This is good advice. To be honest I didn't start having everyone stay in the netherbreath until we were fairly overgeared for kara. If it's not on total farm taking the extra damage is just a waste.
Holyfuri

Postby ldeboer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Simple rule when you are doing progression if you dont wear plate go to the window safe area. Later as peeps know the fight some will stay in and learn how to run around netherbreath but you cant afford to have everyone learning at same time.

When I first started we practiced between him and the raid grp at window so we could still get healz from the healers at the window safe area. If you get hit you get knocked as you know and you end up very much closer to the raid grp.

Because the next problem is if peeps stay in for netherbreath when he comes out of banish phase he has a normal agro table if peeps hit him they will be tanking him they must stops dps before banish ends.

Avoiding the breath is all about running in an arc fast. It requires you to know how far you can be away from him to run fast enuf ... You kind of learn how sharp for how far you are away from him.

Being under him or at his tail makes avoidance easiest but its the most dangerous place to dps him from if you are a clothie and whack him after banish ends you will get agro.
ldeboer

Return to Karazhan