Remove Advertisements

Blessing of Sanctuary as % Damage Reduction....

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Blessing of Sanctuary as % Damage Reduction....

Postby Bobness » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 am

It looks like this may well be on the way. Personally I would have been quite happy to have seen this in TBC, however in WOTLK it looks like only Prot Paladins will be picking up Kings.

If Kings goes baseline this could shape up to be an Ok Talent, if not it seems wholly lacklustre as Kings will be our buff of choice given the added benefit of strength scaling.

p.s yes i know it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Bobness

Postby Gideon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:37 am

I saw that too. I really hope they make it a hand spell.
Gideon

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:44 am

Considering that it's likely you'll have only one prot Paladin in a raid, and that prot Paladin will very likely be the only one bringing either Sanctuary or Kings, you have to wonder what Blizz is thinking if it's remaining a damage reduction Blessing. One spec with two unique buffs would end up with people losing out somewhere.
Ignoring for now the offensive side of the buff, how does Kings compare to a flat 3% damage reduction, from an EH and mitigation perspective?

(This is assuming for now that the 3% number is correct; things may easily change when the build goes live.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby caboom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:50 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Considering that it's likely you'll have only one prot Paladin in a raid, and that prot Paladin will very likely be the only one bringing either Sanctuary or Kings, you have to wonder what Blizz is thinking if it's remaining a damage reduction Blessing. One spec with two unique buffs would end up with people losing out somewhere.
Ignoring for now the offensive side of the buff, how does Kings compare to a flat 3% damage reduction, from an EH and mitigation perspective?

(This is assuming for now that the 3% number is correct; things may easily change when the build goes live.)

Well since crushing blows are out of the picture now we'll be looking at 2 ways of mitigatin damange, 1 is pure avoidanace the other one is efective health. Imho it would be hard to chose from, but maybe it would encourage ppl to bring 2 prot palies to raid. :D

Check the other discution about bringing 2 pally tanks to a raid, maybe it will transform that "if we have to" into a "maybe". :)
caboom

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 am

And what will holy palas spend their talents on?

Seriously you can spend 60 points in holy and still have enough to get kings
Io.Draco

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:07 am

Io.Draco wrote:And what will holy palas spend their talents on?

Holy will gain far more from retribution tree than from protection now (sheath of light and conviction for example)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Maethoriel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:07 am

Io.Draco wrote:And what will holy palas spend their talents on?

Seriously you can spend 60 points in holy and still have enough to get kings

Sheath of Light
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53501
Maethoriel

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

Caboom - I'm not entirely sure what part of my post you're responding to, there. If it's just about there being one prot paladin in a raid, I'm just speaking in general, not saying there won't be raids that take more. Maybe having two blessings would be an incentive, but not much of one.

Draco - the general opinion I've seen around here is that most Holy Paladins will be putting their points into Ret, not Prot.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 am

Oh yea shure lets spend 20 points that beside improved might and pursuit are all useless for my healing raid spec , but hey I get a imba hot for it !

Btw , consinder what raid leaders will say about this , I mean raid leaders in end game guilds , most guilds only of that type use only 1 prot pala , if not all guilds of that type , do you realy think a raid leader will just count on one person for the best buff in game? , hell no
Last edited by Io.Draco on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Io.Draco

Postby Mithos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:16 am

Unless I'm wrong ret palas can get Kings easily too. I probably still won't take kings, I would rather use BoW most of the time anyway outside of raids (especially with no int gear in WotLK). If there are 4 paladins in the raid (probably 2 holy 1 prot 1 ret) then you can do this:

Holy1: Imp BoM
Holy 2: Imp BoW
Ret: Kings
Prot: Sanc

or

Holy1: Kings
Holy2: Imp BoW
Ret: Imp BoM
Prot: Sanc

and even if there are 3 (one of each spec) then

Holy: Imp BoW/M
Ret: Kings
Prot: Sanc + filling in gaps of BoM/W

or

Holy: Kings
Ret: Imp BoM/Normal BoW
Prot: Sanc + gaps

Imo BoK is there for other people to take it. If BoSanc is required for kinda the core tankadin abilities then making us take BoK too is stupid. Probably ret should take kings and holy take Imp BoM, because Imp BoM won't stack with fully talented Battle Shout, and DPS warriors seem to be in most current raid compsitions anyway.
Mithos

Postby Arsyn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 am

5% Spell Crit and a movement speed increase (which is always useful) sounds nice to me.
Arsyn

Postby Sharlos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:19 am

Io.Draco wrote:Oh yea shure lets spend 20 points that beside improved might are all useless for my healing , but hey I get a imba hot for it !

Paladins will be judging the boss every 30 seconds for the haste buff.

So ret gives holy paladins:

Imp Might
Heart of the Crusader
Conviction (which increases the crit chance of their spells as well)
and sheathe of light

A lot more than a paladin gets from prot now that improved concentration aura is in holy.
Sharlos

Postby Soltyr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 am

Io.Draco wrote:Oh yea shure lets spend 20 points that beside improved might are all useless for my healing , but hey I get a imba hot for it !

Are you going to put Holy paladin in AoEhealing duty? I guess not.
So why don't improve the holy unique role at the max lev?

Gain:
- ImpMight glyphed (more spellpower)
- 5% more spellcrit
- HoT from crit

Bonus add:
- Heart of the Crusader
- Sanctified Retribution

And lol:
If JotW is going to be a fixed 0.5% mana regen I'm wondering about a 43/0/28 build :P
Soltyr

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 am

23 points in retribution,an holy paladin gets:

-imp might
-5% spell crit
-sheat
-imp judgement (for judgement of the pure+JoW)
-HoC

Wasted points...Well,you could say the 5 in benediction....But still,since you'll judge it has some uses

20 points in protection

-kings (but a prot paladin will have it already)
-divine guardian
-imp devotion (but you'll have to keep concentration up as holy....and it will overlap with your prot pala one)
-guardian's favor

So....You'll get far more for the healing side from retribution...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Mithos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 am

Conviction looks great for healing anyway, sheath of light will probably be changed so holy don't want it, because giving up your end talent for some random talent in the lower middle of another tree is something blizzard don't want.

Most holys will probably spec something like this: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzgGzuVuMxRtZxf0x

This is an educated guess, I don't care about comments on it or whatever, but that makes the most sense to me, especially with Judgements of the Wise. This reinforces my "Holy Imp BoM, retri BoK" idea.

Anyway a holy paladin in my guild with ~100% attendance is going to be holy/prot for stuff like Imp Devo (probably not tho as I will have it + ToL aura, maybe I won't have it then..), Divine Guardian, BoK, so I don't have to worry :p.
Mithos

Next

Return to WotLK