Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Postby Darkauras » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 am

Just found this forum. And to be honest it was exactly the thing I was looking for considering I have two lvl 70's (hpriest and enh shaman). Just started my pally and she is at 18 now. So, hello everyone!
Darkauras

Postby Perceptor » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:01 am

I've been a tankadin since I started levelling this toon and I've been really enjoying it. I'm level 64 currently in Outlands and I've successfully tanked Ramps, BF, Underbog, and Slave Pens. It's nice not having to worry about buying gear since the drops are pretty good.

I'm looking forward to being on this site and learning a lot from the tanks that have been around for end game stuff
Perceptor

Postby Kytarra » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:58 pm

hello all,

Been lurking around MT for along time now. Finally decided to sign up. This site has been an insparation to me and my tanking endevours.

Thank you all so much.

Kytarra
Kytarra

Postby Safiya » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Fantastic site and community, thanks for making a place like this. Been lurking for months, finally registered.
Astara - 70 Prot Pally - Exodus Server (its an emu, dont hate me)
Safiya

Postby Bigwig » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:56 pm

Just want to say Hi to everyone here. I'm new to the site as a poster but have been reading for a few weeks. Very good site. :)
Level 70/Prot/Bloodhoof
Bigwig

Hello

Postby Eleora » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Just dropping by this topic to say hello.

Great forum!
Eleora

Postby Rishima » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 am

I registered a while ago and have been lurking for even longer.

Figured I'd try and be active here. So hi =)
Rishima

Postby Zaia » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 pm

I'll steal a post here and announce my arrival. As many; lurker since before, now I'm here to post though ^^
Life starts at 10 mobs...

Protection Paladin in work!

Lvl 72 Blood Elf Female Paladin - Vek'nilash EU
Lvl 70 Tauren Male Druid (Feral tank) - Vek'nilash EU
Lvl 80 Bloof Elf Male Death Knight (Unholy tank) - Vek'nilash EU
Zaia

Postby hyphenatedbren » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:34 pm

Aloha.

I've been playing WoW for a couple of months. As I was leveling my shaman I noticed a lot of "need tank for x instance" while I was looking for groups so I set off to try playing a tank. Because I loved the storylines in the Plaguelands I decided a human paladin would be my best bet for roleplay and gameplay.

I found this site on the paladin forums a couple of days ago and have learned a lot in a short period of time. Janierit is only level 45 but I think I'm starting to get a good handle on the basics and am really looking forward to getting to Outland and seeing the sites again.
hyphenatedbren

Postby Cadarn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 am

Hi people. I've been leveling a prot pally and this forum has been invaluable. I thought I pretty much had a handle on everything, but the pre-WotLK patch has turned some things on their head. Thought I'd register so I could ask my noob questions. :lol:
Cadarn

Postby Xorlandu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Just posting in here to say that I've used this forum quite a bit for months just never got around to making an account on it :X
Xorlandu

Postby Morrow » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Hiya,

I've been reading this site for a while now (Great site!), thought i should finally create an account :)

I'm from EU Sillvermoon and been a tankadin for about a year now, firstly as an alt but at the beginning of this year i rerolled and Morrow became my main.
Morrow

Postby tinalt » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Hiya,

I've been playing a prot pally for a couple months now and this site has helped me a ton. I figured it was about time I stopped lurking and finally made an account.

Tin
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Mutley » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 am

Hey,

Finally registered to the forum that helped me to get all the way from lvl 24 to where i am now. :)
Armory

Mutley
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Rethis » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Been lurking around for a while now and just wanted to formally say hi now. You guys have helped me very much in my tanking development. So hi!
Rethis - 70 - Cenarious
Rethis

Postby cionn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Rethis wrote:Been lurking around for a while now and just wanted to formally say hi now. You guys have helped me very much in my tanking development. So hi!

exzactly what this guy said ive been usin your site for a few months now so ya thanks and i decided to join
cionn

Hi

Postby Liahm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 pm

Been reading the posts on this forum for a while very help full to me so i thought i would register so i could post here 2
Liahm

SingaTanking

Postby Tyrsilon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Hey guys,

Want to drop a word of thanks for all the sound advice. I last played WOW during the beta, (and a little after it first went live).

Had to say bye to my warrior back then to tackle the giant called 'Employment'. After a long hiatus, it was finally back to the addiction.

Tankadins seem to be VASTLY improved now, and is easily the tank of choice for heroics/kara (IMHO).

So anyway, palatanking is totally different from feral tanking (yes i loved spamming 2 buttons always on my friend's druid) and warrior tanking and this site taught me just about everything, from instancing to bosses to spell rotation and gearing, and I just want to say that I believe this site is THE reason that there are so many people out there rolling pallies now.

Because there is so much knowledge here to get the maximum performance out of a tankadin's gear/experience/spec limits, it makes pallytanking easy! and fun!

Oh btw I'm located on Barthilas alliance (physical location: singapore) so if there ever is an Asian pallytank gathering count me in!

cheers!
Last edited by Tyrsilon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrsilon

Postby Lampman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Hola All,

I'm new to the Pally community and came accross this site. I expect to find some good information here for my Tank progression. Just wanted to introduce myself to the Site.

Looking forward to my stay.
Lampman

Postby Infurnus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:51 pm

First off, hello!
I’m new here in the sense of actually having an account, but I’ve been reading posts for a couple of months now. I currently have no pally in the states on a real server :( The way it goes, I’ve been playing for a couple years, raided up to hijal on my mage, ZA on my prot warrior, healed up to gruuls on my priest. Tanking on my warrior has been fun/stressful, but I like some responsibility in a group setting, IMO dps are easily 'replaceable', tanks and healers, not so much.
Some of the most successful, fastest, fun runs I’ve ever done were with a prot pally. When LFG, ill always take a prot pally, even if slightly under geared. I wanted to make a pally, but around that time, I got orders for my second tour in Iraq.
Here I am, Iraq, and I get lucky. Theres a guy here running a private server. I know nothing can be justified on a private server, due to the vulnerability of hacks and what not. I took the opportunity to make and learn how to play classes I never had the time to do in the states i.e. shammy, lock, and most importantly, prot pally.
Theres a bunch of downsides to this server, most notably, it’s like herding cats. Let me explain. The guy running it set the XP rate to like30x. Experienced players can get to 70 in about 5 hours played time. The downside is that theres a bunch of people having their first 'wow experience' here. So it feels like I’m playing with a bunch of 'ebayed' toons.
For the most part, I’m loving the prot pally. My gear is a little ridiculous; I’m in full S2 shockadin set, with def gems and what not, so I’m not in real tanking gear.
I found this site with the help of google, and I’ve had my eyes glued ever since. I love reading the number crunches; I have always applauded people who take the time to figure it out.

Anywho, when I get back in May, I’m defiantly making a pally, probably before I make a deathknight.
Infurnus

Postby Kelgaryn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:15 am

I stumbled on the site yesterday after reading Galoheart's blog for a few days. I've been a long time sufferer of altitis, and my Paladin was my 2nd character I made, and first to get to 60 back before tBC. I enjoyed playing with my Paladin, but as a healer it's just not as fun. Three or four characters later, I'm back to square one. I'm trying to cure my altitis by respecing into a tankadin. My brother has been a tankadin for quite some time and has moved into the MT slot in our guild on Lightninghoof. I've found a couple of the posts here quite informative as a old Paladin lover renewed. The gear guides and tank specs have been quite informative. I know there is only about 6 weeks left before WotLK, but I'm trying to gear enough to maybe venture into Karazhan after some gearing. Great site and good to see a lot of great information and Paladins in the same place!
Kelgaryn

Postby Seph » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Sophia and I just respecialized MAINTANKADIN today! I know, Wrath of the Lich King talents are just around the corner, but I figured I should familiarize myself with Paladin tanking now. Although I've been very curious about it, I've never really tried it before. Wish me luck!
Seph

Postby Ch4rd » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 am

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can
call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!!
thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old
(im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind
(im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its
SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random
ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make
alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

* ~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Seriously though, responding to pressure from the irc channel and vent via Pizbit, and Anacharial, I created an account and have stopped my lurking for well over the entire span of BC. ^^;;

I have a Level 70 Paladin on Staghelm (US), currently flipping between ret and prot depending on where we are in sunwell.

I'd like to say thanks now for the great help that this forum has been in helping me understand everything from the combat table to threat coefficients and boss strategies.

Anyhow. back to IRC. ^^;;
Ch4rd

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:47 am

DON'T GO BLAMEING ME!@!@@!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Justincase » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 am

Hello People

My name is Elias and i am from Greece .

Been palying paladin since april 2005 through MC BWL etc.....
Lvl through BC as Prot in Boulderfist " Albeback " and ended up in Wipe Club With Xlarge "Worldie i think u know him" after my account was hacked stoped palying and the decided to move to horde side...

Just lvld another paladin for Xpac ofcourse Protection spec .

to all people here i hope an interesting and Fun experience in Wrath

Have Fun !!!!!
Justincase

PreviousNext

Return to General