Arca HC.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Arca HC.

Postby Keion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey. I successfully tanked all heroics except for 2. SL and Arca were the worst. As these are part of old TK:TE attunement I suppose it is possible to finish them in T4/T5 gear. However it was insanely hard for me. Shattered Halls felt like easy mode compared to these. Arca was the hardest.

Is it possible to tank the optional void boss with paladin? Can paladins tank harbinger?
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Re: Arca HC.

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Keion wrote:Is it possible to tank the optional void boss with paladin? Can paladins tank harbinger?
Yep. If your group is undergeared, bring some SR for Zereketh the Unbound. Harbinger is easier than the minibosses before him.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Indago » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Scary as it sounds, I actually like arc, I've tanked it on heroic more than once in my current gear, which is nowhere near t4/t5 level. I think once the healer I had was either a shammy or druid (sorry its been a while) and the other times usually a priest or pally. Not sure about the group make-up other than that, I usually dont pay attention since I just aoe tank and dont look for cc very often.

I dont do anything really different for the 1st boss that I dont do on reg-
shadow aura if there is no priest
I turn my spell effects way down so that black cloud animaltion under him doesnt hide any circles
I like to zoom my camera view all the way out and look down from above to spot circles easier
usually I tank my back to the wall so he cant knock me back and Im not chasing him all over creation
have the group spread out to avoid the seed of curruption

Not saying he isnt hard, hes a pain in the ass, and I've had some close calls with him (once the entire group died except me when he was like 2k hp I had to bubble and just got him by the skin of my teeth). But I've never skipped him, usually I just like to wing it, and dont really have a plan beyond what I said above, other than watching the healer's hp and saving LoH for either them or myself.

Oh, not sure if this is the place to ask, but since were talking about arc, do those arcane sentinal things have some sort of aggro dump? Because no matter what I do, whenever I tank them, Omen shows me at the top, while the thing is running around squishing clothies, while I chase it and try to taunt/stun it and get it back.

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Indago wrote:Oh, not sure if this is the place to ask, but since were talking about arc, do those arcane sentinal things have some sort of aggro dump? Because no matter what I do, whenever I tank them, Omen shows me at the top, while the thing is running around squishing clothies, while I chase it and try to taunt/stun it and get it back.
Yeah, they do. The Arcatraz Sentinels will periodically drop aggro.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Fapman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:28 am

yesterday skyriss bugged for me.

Our healer was a bit undergeared and lagged, so he died and we were forced to wipe (needing to save milhouse, who had already died). When we got back for another go, Milhouse didn't spawn anymore and boss just stopped.

2hours of clearing for a bugged boss.... QQ
Fapman

Postby caboom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:22 am

1.You need a decent aoe heal healer, he will come in handy both at 1st boss and later at the infernals, and the eredars, and not only, i believe CoH priest worked best for me. If priest's case make sure he has some hp aswell cuz he'll be taking alot of beating, same goes for dps.

2. Bring good dps, i believe bringing a destro lock, a mage and a hunter is the best setup, or 2 mages even, you will not need to CC as much but u will be required to interupt some spells. If u get the "marked by death" debuff from the eyes before the 1st boss, then u know u don't have good enough dps, and it will undoubtly be impossible to down the 1st boss, btw that debuff wipes ur whole party. :D

3. Get rdy to take the beating of ur life, there literally is trash there that make top kara trash look like a joke(ex : eredars, infernals, demons before last boss, sentinels etc.) and since most of them are demons mitigation is prefered since threat should not be a issue. One more thing is avoid pulling the small worms yourself, have a melee or a mage in last instance kill them, it is prefered that you do not have the debuff they do on urself and rather someone else is.

Oh and last but not least, have fun, if ur in badge gear then it's prolly the only chalenging instance left out there :P
caboom

Postby Maat » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Several months ago Skyriss bugged for us, but in a good way. We'd done the event and wiped on the third miniboss (blast wave gg) and when we'd ran back, Skyriss was still there waiting for us to kill him... so we did, got badge and loot.

And then the warder respawned and the event restarted from scratch <_<; and Skyriss dropped another badge and more loot. It was odd.

Void boss is super-painful without additional SR and/or a stam&avoidance build. Same with the first stupid boss of Heroic MT. More trouble than it's worth without it. Elemental bosses really need to gtfo, honestly =/
Maat

Postby Neara » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:21 am

@void
stand with your back to you group. knockback is a nice thing, really. Don't know why anyone wants to stay at the boss while his healer is 100yds away. Just let yourself be knocked in the same direction as your healer. That way your healer doesn't need to run back to you but can heal you first, and while the boss walks towards you, you don't get hit. (and it's by far easier to notice the black circles on the ground)
Neara

Postby Keion » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 am

Just did it it is doable especially if you have healer and lock in T6ish gear. Still very hard. And first boss knocked me into previously placed void zone once. ;)
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby amh » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:59 am

Will try to ascii this:

As you enter, use the corner on the far left. Negates his knockback. There are two additional corners to be used, at least until the black spots appear :) Melee sucks here anyway, so let them run back and forth when they get knocked out

T= you
R = ranged
B = boss
H = healer
M&M = melee

--------------------------------....-----------------------|
|T................................. R|//.|............................|
| B...................................|//.|............................|
| MM.................................----............................|
|........................................................................|
|H......................................................................|
----....................................................................|
// |
---
|
|
|
<-entrance
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Cadarn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Neara wrote:@void
stand with your back to you group. knockback is a nice thing, really. Don't know why anyone wants to stay at the boss while his healer is 100yds away. Just let yourself be knocked in the same direction as your healer. That way your healer doesn't need to run back to you but can heal you first, and while the boss walks towards you, you don't get hit. (and it's by far easier to notice the black circles on the ground)

This is an interesting idea. I always just put my back to the wall, but I guess it would keep you from taking as many hits.

Most of the wipes I've seen on the first boss were because people (especially the tank) don't run out of the circles. I don't know why this is so hard for some people, but I was in a group w/ my mage and the tank caused 3 wipes because he couldn't get out of them fast enough.
Cadarn

Postby Nakama » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

How exactly do you beat Dalliah if you don't have an interrupt of some kind? Just try to click off HoTs or something?

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Nakama wrote:How exactly do you beat Dalliah if you don't have an interrupt of some kind? Just try to click off HoTs or something?

--Jed
Monster deepz?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:23 am

Nakama wrote:How exactly do you beat Dalliah if you don't have an interrupt of some kind? Just try to click off HoTs or something?

--Jed

You dont have to interrupt her like with a kick etc any melee damage seems to do it. Simply make sure you have a judgement or someone is ready to hit her the moment she finishes the spin and starts the heal.

From what I can tell only cast spells don't seem to interrupt it.
ldeboer

Postby azraelfrost » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 am

I try to go with no more then 1 more melee to Arca hero. Your healer usually has an easier time when you bring 2 casters / ranged.

Zereketh: As said before - back to a wall, move camera to face straight down (for me easiest way to spot the holes), make sure your group moves out of the holes too - otherwise the healer is too busy with then and you will die. Make sure the healer knows how to prioritize. (Sometimes better a dps dies, sometimes it doesn't matter - not saying explain how he has to play but talking to him helps.:))

Dalliah: Move away from whirlwind unless you need mana and your healer is bored. Otherwise move away from her whirlwind. Usually I move away from the first, stay in the 2nd, move from the 3rd, etc. Her heal can be interrupted by any damage it seems but to be on the save side: all interrupts work on her: Pummel, Kick, Counterspell, Earth Shock, Charge, Intercept, etc. As said before it seems all damage does as well. I use to throw a frisbee at her after the whirlwind when I moved out and use Exorcism when staying in.

For the endboss: I always had the most problems when the 3 guy before him was the Air Elemental. That one is real nasty. It teleports and after teleport resets agro. Due to the chain lightning before the healer normally catches agro right after the teleport and dies pretty quick as this quy hits cloth / leather pretty hard. Good thing: Normally you RD is up when he teleports. The bad thing: When doing Arca hero usually you don't have enough spell hit.
azraelfrost

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics