Remove Advertisements

Problems Tanking Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby blish » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:34 pm

From the looks of it Dynaenus one of your holy Pally's Aphrodittus needs to be slapped several times for using Flash of Light. Tell that Pally to remove the flash of light for the fight.

If one of your Holy Pally's has a SP then you should be getting a max rank Holy Light in about 2 to 3.5 seconds. and there should be 3 healers on the Brut tank at all times, or within 2seconds at max.

We found the taunt rotations works best when called on vent, so your healers know whom to heal and when to heal and what to use when stomp comes up.

Also your other holy Pally Xenu should not be using Mad Achemist pot, also ask yours to farm Dark Runes.l

From a tanking point ur gear is almost there I would say, but it also seems that a lot of the times you may not have had Commanding Shout like try 16
blish

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Wow.. that could explain most of it. No paladin should ever Flash of Light on this fight. Ever.

There is only rank 7, 8, max holy light.
Elsie

Postby Arquine » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:01 pm

Elsie wrote:Wow.. that could explain most of it. No paladin should ever Flash of Light on this fight. Ever.

depends on your haste rating, I use HL9 exclusively and HL11 on stomp.
Arquine

Postby Janduin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:35 am

WTB Bag of Marbles. No way horde can get this, right? Is it repeatable for alliance? Does it actually work on Brutallus?
Janduin

Postby Helenia » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Elsie wrote:Wow.. that could explain most of it. No paladin should ever Flash of Light on this fight. Ever.

I heal it just fine with Flash of Light spam in conjunction with another Holy Paladins' Flash of Light spam, and a Holy Priest's Greater Healer spam. I switch to max Holy Light w/ one trinket 5 seconds before Stomp, through Stomp. During transitions I hit Tank A with Holy Light, and then Tank B (after he taunts) with Holy Light so the second Holy Light lands about 0.5 seconds or so after Tank B taunts.

Works fine.

If I see we are getting relatively close to the end of the fight, and I have plentiful mana, I will switch to max rank Holy Light spam.

Proof: http://wowwebstats.com/rksfb15rypojk?s=75-32801

EDIT: I absolutely LOVE spiritual attunement on this fight as a Holy Paladin OMFG. Btw do you think I have the gear to tank Brutallus? Armory in sig. Fuck, I logged out in my ZA trash set lol.
Last edited by Helenia on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Helenia

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Janduin wrote:WTB Bag of Marbles. No way horde can get this, right? Is it repeatable for alliance? Does it actually work on Brutallus?

It's not repeatable, so beyond me why you would stash that in your bank for years :P My guess is even if it works it doesn't stack with Scorpid Sting.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Morendin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 am

it works, it stacks, it's saved my ass...but yeah, you get 10 charges, so use them on good attempts only
Morendin

Postby Consecrate » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 pm

I go with about 33.5% unbuffed dodge and I achieve this mainly through wearing a shitton of "crap" gear such as warrior badge chest etc.

You should be able to kill him with your current gear tbh, on our first kill I wore very similar gear.

You just need to hope you avoid something.

I'll be honest as well, you need to do more work on this fight in terms of calling stuff out than any other fight really - I call 3 seconds before I taunt (and I am very accurate or it doesn't really work), and 2 healers switch over to me so they start their heals landing straight away.

I let the other tank take 2 debuffs, he'll then shout out and I will taunt after the third slash. However, if there's a stomp coming before the next, i'll wait until he recieves the stomp then immediately taunt, im sure you're doing this but it's important you communicate if this is where you're dying.

Everything else has been said though.

On a side note, does Fiorina ever post anything constructive or is it his personal mission to criticise and try to put people down the entire time?
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Thark » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 am

http://www.dotd.org/smf/index.php?actio ... ttach=1599

Useful graph on when to transition.
Thark

Postby Karador » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am

Any way you can post the graph without having people register for the guild forums?
Karador

Postby Thark » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 am

I didn't realize it made you register.

Thark

Postby Cakes » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Am I reading it right that the first two transitions are taunting into stomps?
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Ye, makes sense
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Consecrate wrote:On a side note, does Fiorina ever post anything constructive or is it his personal mission to criticise and try to put people down the entire time?

And why don't you go outside and cut yourself?

OP is asking "Why I am dying", my straight answer:
- get better gear
- tell healers to play better
- improve your talents

If you disagree with it, post your arguments. If you are emo that can't stand it, seek some professional help or just ignore me.
Last edited by fiorina on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Thark » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:52 pm

Cakes wrote:Am I reading it right that the first two transitions are taunting into stomps?

You're avoiding stomps. For the first transition, Tank A gets stomp, and Tank B taunts immediately afterwards. Thus stomp has no real effect on the current tank. It pretty much eliminates 4 stomps. Tank A has to deal with being stomped and tanking 3 times, and Tank B has to deal with it 4 times. The other 4 stomps are immediately taunted when applied, so that the debuff is on the tank who is not the current target.
Thark

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau