Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Jonlo wrote:Cause the Band of the Eternal Defender>Both of them.

Not really, stalward is fairly superior to the band.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Maelstrom wrote:was wondering whether to get mongoose on it or not for extreme mitigation fights

I had goose on my ToC for our first kill; switched back to Spell Damage for our second. Watching the fraps, it wasn't up enough when it mattered to make that much of a difference. Seeing 52% dodge was kind of cool, but I missed the 40 SD enchant at all other times (fuxing warlocks).

For rings I go RoSS + BotSP.

Also: 2 kills. 0 Conq belts. Fuck the token system anyway.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Jonlo wrote:Cause the Band of the Eternal Defender>Both of them.

It's not. The stats for the ring aren't good enough to pass up the added dodge, and the proc isn't as good as the constant armor you get from a scroll, which the proc overrides anyway.
Cakes

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 am

Yay I tanked him , WOHOO!

3 vanquisher droped though :S

The guide helped :D
Io.Draco

Advice

Postby Sharizon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:26 am

Currently my guild is farming SW, but typically when we do brut they sub me out. Ive tanked him b4 but i still tend to get royally f'd up. I logged off in my gear i plan to use for him. Any ideas what might help?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Sharizon
Sharizon

Re: Advice

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 am

Sharizon wrote:Currently my guild is farming SW, but typically when we do brut they sub me out. Ive tanked him b4 but i still tend to get royally f'd up. I logged off in my gear i plan to use for him. Any ideas what might help?

Well use comedation instead of SMI

Also are you using Armor Scrolls + Agility scrolls?

Anyway Brutallus is a boss that CAN and WILL royal fuck you up no matter what you do
Io.Draco

Re: Advice

Postby Sharizon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 am

Io.Draco wrote:
Sharizon wrote:Currently my guild is farming SW, but typically when we do brut they sub me out. Ive tanked him b4 but i still tend to get royally f'd up. I logged off in my gear i plan to use for him. Any ideas what might help?

Well use comedation instead of SMI

Also are you using Armor Scrolls + Agility scrolls?

Anyway Brutallus is a boss that CAN and WILL royal fuck you up no matter what you do

I was using the comedation yesterday over the SMI and he litterally stuck it in me. So i tried to do a little math on it. With a warrior and warlocks imp in my group i can hit a little over 21500 health, But with out ill deffinatly need to use the comedation.
And yes i was using scrolls
Sharizon

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 am

If you need a warlock and warrior in your group to get 21500 HP, you are undergeared, or stacked too much avoidance.

However, your gear is almost = to mine, so, i don't see where exactly the problem is... i almost never get roflstomped. Happens occasionally but that can happen to anyone.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sharizon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 am

I can get to 21500 pretty easy if i dont use 2 avoidance trinkets. But like you said my gear isnt exactly crap. I often take 4 blocks in a row if not more while stomped. Is that common and my healers just failing?
Maybe there is something im doing wrong?
Sharizon

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 am

In theory your avoidance and gear level is fine. The lack of Illidan shield is quite heavy since you lack armor (i see you at 20k with devotion up)

Technically your gear is fine enough to tank Brutallus, maybe you're just unlucky with avoidance, or your healers fail, or a combination of the two.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sharizon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 am

Yeah illidan and fel are both jerks :( never drop my shields.
I guess i have to tough through it and hope my bad luck ends soon
Sharizon

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:47 am

I was using the comedation yesterday over the SMI and he litterally stuck it in me. So i tried to do a little math on it. With a warrior and warlocks imp in my group i can hit a little over 21500 health, But with out ill deffinatly need to use the comedation.
And yes i was using scrolls

huh WTF?

I can get 21k 500 without imp and commanding o.O
Io.Draco

Postby Sharizon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

I was going for max avoidance while hitting the health needed. Not that i cant get there with out them
Sharizon

brutalus

Postby rohanadin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:43 pm

After my guild let me tank with a warrior on brut they were amazed that every time i took less dmg than the warrior http://wowwebstats.com/wnefyedch16vk?s=103184-136296
rohanadin

Re: brutalus

Postby inthedrops » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:24 pm

rohanadin wrote:After my guild let me tank with a warrior on brut they were amazed that every time i took less dmg than the warrior http://wowwebstats.com/wnefyedch16vk?s=103184-136296

He also took 55 more swings from Brut than you (implying he spent more time tanking than you). His dodge was low for some reason though.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau