SWP Raid groups - Change every boss?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SWP Raid groups - Change every boss?

Postby Base » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:30 am

So we killed Brutallus last night.

Usually we kill Kalecgos on Thursdays - then move to BT as the Kalec setup doesn't match the brut setup at all (ie 3 tanks vs 2 tanks and 8 healers vs 7 healers). However, now we're likely to be moving on to Felmyst we need to go back to a similar setup to the one we needed on Kalec.

What do other guilds do? Do you just swap in people for Brut or do you respec people (bearing in mind my/healer's dps gear isn't as good as a mainspec's dps gear) then swap again/re-respec them for Felmyst?

It's becoming a bit of a headache for us officers trying to sort the right raid group for each boss. We only raid 3 days a week and although we can clear BT in one night we've got the summer signups issue that a lot of guilds are facing which means we can't always pick and choose an "A" team with lots of subs.
Base

Postby Mex » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 am

We have different groups for the first 5 bosses.

Kalec - Light on melee, 9-10 healers, 3 tanks
Brut - 7 healers, 2 tanks
Felmyst - 2 tanks, 9-10 healers
Twins - Light on melee, 10-11 healers, 2 tanks, warlock wears PvP gear on Alythess
M'uru - 3 or 4 tanks, 6 healers, heavy on melee

We do sometimes have tanks respec if they need loot (prot warrior -> fury on Felmyst when he needs gloves and other MT needs shield, for example). And every now and then have our ret pally go holy (never for Brut, mostly for Twins these days). Otherwise all changes are made with people on standby.

Not sure what we'll do on KJ but it will definitely be different to the M'uru raid. People are rotated around so that everyone gets a chance on all content etc.
Mex

Postby Mithos » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 am

We swap people in, and occasionally send peopel to respec.
Mithos

Postby Karador » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 am

Sunwell is a nightmare on the group setups. But yea we change up mid raid alot.

One night I Tanked Kalc, respec'd ret on brut and went back prot for felmyst >.< Thank god they cover respec costs but it was worth it for Reign of Misery :)
Karador

Postby inthedrops » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 am

We change for every boss, and we also sub in people for trash who are after trash drops. But we're pretty efficient about it. Usually the raid leader just stops helping with the current fights are starts working on groups a few minutes before we're ready. We have enough geared alts that it helps a lot. We generally have a one night clear to KJ. I've had to respec once or twice, same with others.
Last edited by inthedrops on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 am

We never did change raid setups before... we are kinda forced to in Sunwell.

Currently we confirm at best 29 people, and eventually send some people to respec during the raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thark » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:24 am

We change for every fight as well.

I use 3 tanks, 8 healers and 2 Shadow Priests for Kalecgos
2 tanks, 7 healers, 2 Shadow Priests for Brutallus
2 tanks, 9 healers, 2 Shadow Priests for Felmyst
2 tanks, 10 healers, 2 Shadow Priests for Eredar Twins
4 tanks (one is a respecced Holy Pally), 6 healers for M'uru

Having 2 Shadow Priests is a big benefit here. Improved Vampiric Embrace is great for so many fights, as is the mana return for healers when you're trying to use fewer.
Thark

Postby Elsie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 am

The needs for each fight is rather drastically different. Kalec is 8-9 healers. Brutallus is 6-7 healers. Twins is 8-10 healers, maybe even 11. M'uru is 6 healers.... etc.
Some fights also have required classes.
Kalec: 4+ druids and/or mages
Felmyst: 3, usually 4, priests and a tankadin
Twins: A warlock at least I guess
M'uru: The epitome of raid class optimization necessity.
KJ: No requirements but mages can get to the orbs much faster which is basically required. Also sort of need hunters since they're the best orb dps.
Elsie

Postby Uphir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

So far my SW raids have been the following

Kalecgos - Tank,

Then Spec Holy,

Brutallus - Heal,

Then Spec Prot,

Felmyst - Tank,

Tank to Twins,

Then Spec Holy,

Twins - Heal,

Then Spec Prot,

Muru - Tank.

We are currently working on Muru, So I dont know what I will be doing for Kil. Its a good thing that our G-Bank have 140k gold in it for all these respecs, and we have a 200g G-Bank allowance on raid nights for repairs. :D

You're Pro or you're a noob; That's life. -Athene, Best Paladin in the World
Uphir

Postby Elsie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 pm

...why on earth are you respeccing to tank trash instead of using fear/poly.
Elsie

Postby Pelendralaar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:26 pm

we raid SWP only, stopped doing BT months ago. We sub ppl in and out as needed for each boss and ask that people remain logged on and patiently wait. As for me I respec 2-3 times

Holy for Kalec and Brut, Prot for Felmyst, Holy for Twins and Prot for M'uru and our KJ attempts.

If we had more healers i would be able to respec less XD
Pelendralaar

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 pm

So far my SW raids have been the following

Kalecgos - Tank
Brutallus - Tank
Felmyst - Tank
Twins - Tank
Muru - Tank.

I'm one of the few saved from the chain respec thing.

I got threatened with gkick when i asked if they wanted me to enchant my holy gear for Twins o_O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Uphir wrote:So far my SW raids have been the following

Kalecgos - Tank,

Then Spec Holy,

Brutallus - Heal,

Then Spec Prot,

Felmyst - Tank,

Tank to Twins,

Then Spec Holy,

Twins - Heal,

Then Spec Prot,

Muru - Tank.

We are currently working on Muru, So I dont know what I will be doing for Kil. Its a good thing that our G-Bank have 140k gold in it for all these respecs, and we have a 200g G-Bank allowance on raid nights for repairs. :D

This is similar to me, though I heal kalec. 200g in respecs per week is fun! At least the guild funds those, even though we're on our own for repairs.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Uphir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Elsie wrote:...why on earth are you respeccing to tank trash instead of using fear/poly.

Umm, I'm not respecing for just trash.

You're Pro or you're a noob; That's life. -Athene, Best Paladin in the World
Uphir

Postby Arquine » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 pm

for me ...

Kalecgos - healing
Brutallus - healing
Felmyst - Murlocs tanking
Twins - healing
M'uru - Murlocs tanking

sigh.... and you b**ches have your gbank paying for your repairs and respecs :(

anyway our setup these days are like,

Kalecgos: 2 tanks, 4 melees, X ranged, 8 healers
Brutallus: 2 tanks, 5-6 melees, X ranged, 7 healers
Felmyst: 2 tanks, 4-6 melees, X ranged, 8 healers
Twins: 3 tanks, 4-6 melees, X ranged, 10 healers
M'uru: 4 tanks, X melees (ran out of melees to go prot lol), X ranged, 6 healers

the biggest headache is switching from Felmyst to Twins and then cut the number by almost half for Mu'ru.

I find myself respeccing a bit convinient as the trasition from Felmyst -> Twins meaning we only need extra 1 healer, and to Mu'ru means we have to boot 3 healers :(
Arquine

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau