Theory on 2-Piece T4/Imp Rightiousness.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Theory on 2-Piece T4/Imp Rightiousness.

Postby Hoenhiem » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:50 pm

I have no idea if this has been posted on here before (Way to lazy to check)

Just wanted to see if anyone has thought this up, or done it before.

Just thinking about if you got the 2 piece bonus of T4, and then managed to get Improved Seal of Rightiousness in the holy tree, if your threat would go up a notch. I figure 25% to SoR damage is pretty hefty. Can anyone give me the math?

(Also where do you get those cool signature displays?)
But..if I use Avenging Wrath everyone is going to call me a fairy again...The choices the choices..
Hoenhiem

Postby jere » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:35 am

So far, all damage increases have been multiplicative (not additive), so my guess is it would be:

SoR_Damage * 1.1 * 1.15 = SoR_Damage * 1.265

Or a 26.5% increase

There are a couple of sig creators. I use:
http://www.dkpsigs.com/index.php
jere

Postby Hollyhell » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:41 am

As I look over talent trees, I wonder what sort of drugs blizz was taking to come up with the placement.
Hollyhell

Postby Hoenhiem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Yeah I could say the same. Still would the 26% be a huge chunk of threat bonus, or would it just be best to put the 10 points back into prot.
But..if I use Avenging Wrath everyone is going to call me a fairy again...The choices the choices..
Hoenhiem

Postby Girard » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Does this mean Imp SoR + 1Hd spec + 2pc bonus ==.. god?
Girard

Postby Hoenhiem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:48 pm

I don't know if you could do 5/5 one handed spec.
Hoenhiem

Postby Girard » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:02 pm

Hoenhiem wrote:I don't know if you could do 5/5 one handed spec.

It's possible.. 10/41/10
Girard

Postby Ardaic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:07 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVV0rZVhtIx0zMgqtx0x

Yeah, I was dinking around in Wowhead about that... I just found out that they made it so you can set your level cap at 70 or 80, for goofing with non-expanded trees :-D
Ardaic

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:55 pm

I think you'd lose more threat from the 7 points dropped in from Reckoning or 1h spec / Imp Judgement.
Not worth it, especially since you can expect to be respeccing for a 51 point talent down the line.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mortehl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:10 pm

You know, I never appreciated how much threat you get from reckoning until I specced out of it...

Imp SoR is really there for people who Off tank/Off Heal and need to hybridize themselves in the holy tree. As far as main battle tanks go, mathematically the extra threat gained from Imp Judgment is far more significant. You also need to consider the damage avoidance you'd need to sacrifice from deflection.

Its those reasons that make the holy talents unattractive for anyone other then the off-tank/heal hybrid I described above.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Hoenhiem » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Yes but what about this?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Reckoning and a 30% increase to the seals damage?
Hoenhiem

Postby Anuji » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:29 am

i don't use reckoning anymore, cuz it's a talent which is good for Wisdom/Light Procleechin' or farming.. but it's not worth the 5 point's if u MT things, in my opinion.

u can look at my Armory link for my spec.. yeah it's probably something special, but it's nice.. and i have no threat problems anymore as i have only 220 spelldmg in Tank-gear and have to tank against t5+ fury-warr's and whorelo.. ouh i mean warlocks.

yeah i miss avenger's sometimes as i have to pull anything... put ~115 Righteousticks is worth it with only 220spelldmg :)

Outranged the warriors and whorel.. damn.. i mean warlocks on my last boss-tanking action almost everytime w/o Avenger's i even got 100k Aggropoints BEFORE Curator went Evocationing last-time :) that was about an 60k lead against a warrior
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Postby kedalic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:10 am

Reckoning is more TPS, and in aoe encounters (such as Morogrim, Hydross, Al'ar, Karathess) up to a near doubling of your raw single target TPS. The one argument against reckoning, however, is that more attacks per second = more hasted parry attacks by bosses, which definitely hurt. A not inconsequential number of my spike deaths were caused by reckoning procs being parried during high dps boss phases (bestial wrathed hunter + pet on karathess, or back in the day phase 2 prince). I think weapon expertise and +weapon skill is the better solution to that problem than dropping reckoning, however, as reckoning is still too substantial of a TPS boost to drop, especially post kara.
kedalic

Postby Hoenhiem » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:40 am

Nah, Reckoning is way to huge to drop. Still I think I might try out that spec I posted. Or, I could just wait until the new SoV comes out, and just tank with that. Cause I'm pretty sure that is going to be the new MT seal.
Hoenhiem

heh

Postby Mavrix » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:52 am

Personally I don't use reckoning anymore in my spec and am 10/41/10 (1hand special, imp SoR) and typically on threat sensitive occasions use at least 2 pieces of T4 for the 2 piece bonus and additional spell damage. So far I like what I see.
In my (as Lore called it in her Tankadin glossary post) Threat Rocket spec (more or less) and threat/damage gear (while maintaining uncrushability) I see lots of pretty numbers in damage and rapid threat escalation.

edit: I also don't have imp judgement in my build. I'm happy with my spec. There's always more than one way to build success.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Next

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations