Remove Advertisements

Clearing Hyjal in one Night.

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Clearing Hyjal in one Night.

Postby Saffire » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Im curious if guilds are clearing Hyjal in one night including Archimond if they are capable of doing parts of BT.

Or weither they leave Archimond for a different evening.

I am also interested in knowing how you handle off specs or non-optimal extras like off-tanks.

Our first kill on him was a 5 death kill in which we had 3 of our off-tanks we normally use. Myself and 2 feral druids respec to heal and help cleanse.

There is some direction in the guild that thinks sitting those offspecs for other dps/healers or respecs isnt necisary.

I wanted to get some feedback on what others are doing.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 pm

If we go Hyjal, we also do Archimonde. I think our "record" is 5/5 and 3/9 in 1 night (4 hours)

We almost never send people respeccing. Occasionally we have 1 healer speccing DPS for the first 5 bosses in BT, then respeccing healer and summon him back for last 4.

Also expecially for archimonde, making people respec is stupid. Nowadays i either directly go Hyjal as retribution, or if we got no warriors, i directly tank archimonde. Feral druids do their job, DPS, or if we got too many melees, one just stands away and throws random doomfires + decurses.

It's not like Archi is a DPS race, he kinda kills himself.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Salamandra » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Your druids throw doomfires? Fucking hell, that's pretty imba.
Salamandra

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Sure, isnt' theyr 31 balance form called Doomkin? :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:30 am

Full mh clear with a pala tank and 4-6 mage/locks makes the trash take less than 20 mins (first 2 bosses for sure) and you can be done with archimonde in 2 hours if you don't take breaks between.

It all depends how good/bad/fast you are, some times if we are missing core people and we wipe on archi for too many times due to retarded mistakes, we skip him and come back the other day and continue to take down the first bosses in bt instead, getting supremus down reduces the traveltime needed by a fair deal for the next run.
Seloei

Postby sanctifico » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:44 am

2 hours is ezmode i think our record is 5/5 + 6/9BT but we ran over by 20mins to kill BB. Woulda been 5/5+5/9 if we'd stuck with the usual 4hour raid night. (gotta love caster heavy groups in MH :p)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:41 am

If I'm understanding the gist of your question right -- you don't have to clear MH to start doing BT. It's far from unusual for a guild to be 3/5 MH 3/9 BT.

Naj in BT is a healer check, but Supremus is kind of like a big pinata. Shade of Akama, assuming you have tanks who have a clue -- doesn't even feel like a real boss fight. Each of these fights are (arguably) easier than Azgalore.

Depending on how much time you're burning on Archi, it might work out better for you to leave him for a new day and go gear up some more in BT. Or just to do something different for a change.

Archi isn't really a gear check. It's more of a karma/luck check on your raid, since a string of bad luck will kill you faster than almost anything else that encounter, and that stupid crap just gets tiring.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 am

fuzzygeek wrote:If I'm understanding the gist of your question right -- you don't have to clear MH to start doing BT. It's far from unusual for a guild to be 3/5 MH 3/9 BT.

Naj in BT is a healer check, but Supremus is kind of like a big pinata. Shade of Akama, assuming you have tanks who have a clue -- doesn't even feel like a real boss fight. Each of these fights are (arguably) easier than Azgalore.

Depending on how much time you're burning on Archi, it might work out better for you to leave him for a new day and go gear up some more in BT. Or just to do something different for a change.

Archi isn't really a gear check. It's more of a karma/luck check on your raid, since a string of bad luck will kill you faster than almost anything else that encounter, and that stupid crap just gets tiring.

I'll add that to SiN's app. "How much Karma do you have? Please answer in karmiheit"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Saffire » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Essentially we are clearing hyjal 4/5 in under 2.5 hours right now.

We clear BT 3/9 in about 2.5-3 hours we have yet to attempt Gorefiend which is next for us in BT.

We have killed archimond however that ws on a night of 17 attempts with two feral druids respecing resto, myself respecing holy, and our most ideal raid group.

We continue to have stupid deaths. Last night we went there with just archimond up and spent the whole night wiping on him.

We had yet to go to BT for the week because Tuesdays raid got cancelled for attendance.

It's my contention we'd be better suited farming out the bosses in BT we can get than waisting days on archi just because we want to get him farm status. I think the gear were missing out on can stack up over time to setting us back.

So if your 4/5 and have killed archi but its still a struggle......do you waist all your time beating on him each week after you do 4/5 or do you go clear what you can in BT easily first then work on your progression bosses.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Dem » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:27 am

We generally clear Hyjal 4/5 in under 2 hours then do 2 or 3 in BT to set us up for more time on progressions. We've just downed Shahraz (how easy?) and are now 7/9 in BT but haven't killed Archi yet, because we haven't spent much time on him. It is a bit embarassing :oops: though so we had him to 50% last night and maybe we'll get him today.
Dem

Postby Mex » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:45 am

Without wipes, we can clear Hyjal in 2 hours fairly easily.

To be honest, I think Archimonde is worth doing, because of the responsibility that it helps to teach your raiders. You need people to know that they have to take responsibility for whether or not they live or not, and need high levels of situational awareness. It teaches, and tests, a large range of important raiding skills.
Mex

Postby bigdunka » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:03 am

Like everybody else said, easily done with an experienced group. Last run I was in took 2 1/2 hours(3 wipes on Archie). What I wanted to say though is that Mex hit it on the nose with the Archie fight. It is such a good fight to real get players to understand their role, pay attention to everything, and take responsibility for the raid. You can survive one or two people dying, but after then, the soul charges start stacking and it'll wipe. Even though an annoying fight, a great one to have players take responsibility for their own actions.
bigdunka

Postby Mortehl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:16 am

Archie is a retard check. As in you're retarded if you don't pay attention to what the hell is going on around you. Worldie said it best: Archimonde just sort of dies (more by attrition then anything else).

Hyjal loot is really important for progression. The order of magnitude of difference between T6 and T5 DPS is pretty marked and TRUST me on this, you do NOT want to need to go back to Hyjal once you're whooping Illidan's ass every week.

Assuming your guild is already capable of -reliably- killing Archimonde, get your kills in now. A reasonable goal is to get Hyjal full cleared in 1 4 hour raid night, then spend whatever days you have left that raid cycle in Black Temple. T6 helms are really important. You don't fully appreciate the impact of the 4 piece bonuses until you actually start getting a few of them in your raid.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Dem » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 am

Update. After 2 nights wiping on Archi, he went down last night. 8)

He went down on our 2nd attempt in 9:57 :shock: , probably a result of us surviving six or seven soul charges.

Very satisfying to finally kick his arse and post an MH 5/5.
Dem

Postby Mortehl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:13 am

Congratulations!

Keep working at a full Hyjal clear in one raid night. Once you get that, you know your raid is progressing nicely.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal