Remove Advertisements

@¤%#!!

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

@¤%#!!

Postby Stricker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:07 am

We've been raiding MH for about a month now, and while we've killed all bosses except Archimonde, we're still struggling with lack of focus and time consuming wipes on trash. I feel my mood is rather bad while raiding MH, I used to enjoy it before, but I usually let my temper and emotions carry over to the raid, pointing fingers and blaming people, something that isn't my task, and actually isn't in my interest. It's come to the point where I just feel like not signing up any longer, because tanking the damn instance has become a tedious and tiresome task.

So does anyone have some tips how to enjoy MH more? :lol:
Stricker

Postby ShaiHulud » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 am

Honestly I don't think anyone enjoys MH. Bring a bunch of AOE and hope to get the trash done faster. We usually clear all of MH in just over 2 hrs including archie. Whats wiping you though? Healer failure? DPS pulling? Sheeps not getting off?
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Base » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 am

Everyone hates MH after the second time they've been there. If there was some way to skip trash waves, speed up trash waves, restart mid way through trash waves it'd be ok.

But seeing as it's such a rushed instance and the bosses are easier than some of the trash packs it just feels like a grind.
Base

Postby Mex » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:40 am

Mrmmm our guild recently did Hyjal for the first time in about two months, maybe even three. We used a pug's instance (they'd downed Rage), and wiped on Anetheron due to nobody healing the MT (everyone assumed someone else was). We wiped again on the first wave of Azgalor trash, again due to just ... nobody healing. The trash exploded me, our prot warrior, then our feral druid. All without fuss.

By the end people were completely frayed. It was just unfun and tedious. We wiped once on Archimonde, then killed him with something like 10 people left alive (chain of deaths at 12%, we only JUST did it).

We tried to make it interesting by letting people change specs, swap characters, etc but by the end people were blaming that for the wipes, so everyone went back to their usual raiding spec which sucked even more fun out of it. It's a horrible instance, and a lot of people in the guild I think were on the verge of just rage "dcing".

Still, I don't mind it. As a matter of fact I'm trying to put together a Hyjal pug to do the first two bosses at least.
Mex

Postby iwillpunishu » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 am

I hate Hyjal with a passion. Most of the raid doesnt understand , just how big of a pain in the ass it can be. Having to pay attention and tab target a bunch of crap sucks.....If I never go back again I won't upset, and if we wipe on a boss over something stupid, and I have to tank that shit again...explosions usually happen.
iwillpunishu

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:32 am

I like doing hyjal trash and the bosses

I'm weird :(
Lightbeard

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:40 am

Stricker, do me a favor and put a more appropriate title on this thread, please.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Stricker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Stricker, do me a favor and put a more appropriate title on this thread, please.

What's wrong with it? It's just a sort of frustrated expression.
Stricker

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am

Lightbeard wrote:I'm weird

qft
Rehlachs-

Postby caboom » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:49 am

Lightbeard wrote:I like doing hyjal trash and the bosses

I'm weird :(

dun worry brother we're both weird :|
caboom

Postby Mex » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:57 am

Stricker wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Stricker, do me a favor and put a more appropriate title on this thread, please.

What's wrong with it? It's just a sort of frustrated expression.

I think he meant something more relevant to the content.

As in "Hyjal $#)*$" or "%()!@ing Hyjal"
Mex

Postby Corvina » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 am

I use healbot when tanking since our taunt is a spell it can be keybound. I have healbot tell me who has aggro and I keep an eye on my mages and locks, especailly my locks. This was i can quickly taunt off of them when HB tells me they have aggro. BoP is also Keybound, so if Taunt is on CD and another aoer needs help I bop them and then JoR and Exorcism on that mob to get it back to me. If you bop them you will need to give them a new salv once the bop wears off.

Tips to tell your locks. If the pull more than one soulshatter. If it's on CD then have them stop and run through your consecrate. They have to keep running so they're not sitting in the 10% range for too long. When you see the lock run through HoJ the mob while it's on your consecrate and you will most likely have aggro when the stun wears off. We usually run with two locks. On tuesday this week one of them was dieing more than usual (for the fist time in a long time they had a Boomy & an ele shammie in their group and were turning out huge numbers.) The Lock CL and I explained to her that she needed to run to consecrate when she had aggro and on Wed night she died a lot less.

I only have a little over 400 spell dmg unbuffed and the only buff i get for extra threat is wiz oil and i never have a problem. I don't use consecrate libram and I don't change to any extra + spell dmg gear or trinkets. Crypt feind will always get loose, this is unavoidable. Other than that I can hold all the aggro and my locks are turning out 3300-3900 dps. It's all about the aoers being smart with their aoe. The other tips mentioned earlier are crucial as well (tab target and judge, exorcise mobs with low threat on them, etc.)
Corvina

Postby Nalyn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 am

Ya, Hyjal can suck, but by the same token, it can be 'okay' to run as well. We had similar issues to the OP for a while, usually what woud happen is we get a wave with a number of aboms in it, the tanks get knocked down a good bit, dps pulls agro, healers decide to heal the clothie, the clothie dies anyway (its a freaking abom) and then the tanks go down shortly there after, getting stunned to death.

The solution to this was to get the healers less focused on random green bars, and more focused on the tanks, all but 1 or 2 healers were assigned to the tanks, period, and the 1 or 2 extras, usually priests, were to do raid healing. If ae_happy_warlock_01 started seeds too soon, and pulled agro...well...it sucks to be him, he'll die, however, the tanks stay up, the wave just takes a little longer, we dont have to redo the WHOLE thing.

We haven't wiped on a hyjal trash wave in a VERY long time since then.
Nalyn

Postby Bubadin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:46 pm

I also hate MH. Having to reclear all the damn trash after a boss wipe is just too frustrating for words. We usually wipe on Azgalor and pwn the trash fairly easily but still, 20mins of trash is a royal pain in the ass every time you wipe.
Bubadin

Postby elfjorc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:38 am

Hyjal is awesome.

Wiping in Hyjal, however, isn't.
elfjorc

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal