Remove Advertisements

The 0/40/21 and MH...does it work?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

The 0/40/21 and MH...does it work?

Postby Phoenixlight » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:20 pm

So i've been playing around with the Sanc Aura spec and recent my guild decided to go into MH. I have a bit of experience on the first two bosses and the like.
I was wondering however if ret aura is really THAT needed when compared to sanc.

I figured the typical thing would be to have ret aura on at the start of the pull and then switch to sanc aura after a few hits from the mobs. Would this work well enough or should i just put the points else where during our stay in MH?
Phoenixlight

Postby Seloei » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 pm

no, ret aura is not "that" needed but unless you massively outgear it with your avoidance/health going with a sanc spec will mean a splat paladin. Ardent Defender can save your life a lot during the initial attempts, double so if the other tanks can't get the hang of taunting aboms off you.

21/40 is the spec you use for farm content where you want the boss to go down fast, or you know that your healers are on the ball at all times.

All in all, you can try but wouldn't suggest it. The spiky damage from a knockdown will kill you unless you are running at around ~20k or more buffed health/armor, without imp/shout. Sanc aura is nice there, gives you more than enough threat to wtfpwn the place but not needed during progression.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:41 am

Expecially while not overgeared, you'd want Ardent Defender, that's the main reason for which you'd not go 40/21.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Phoenixlight » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:17 pm

went back to my old build. ^_^ ty for the responses.
Phoenixlight

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 pm

My general rule is if we are taking more than 3 tanks to hyjal, AD is not required.

But when we tank all of it with just me and a warrior... yeah it's nice to have then :)
baleogthefierce

Re: The 0/40/21 and MH...does it work?

Postby superworm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:55 am

Phoenixlight wrote:So i've been playing around with the Sanc Aura spec and recent my guild decided to go into MH. I have a bit of experience on the first two bosses and the like.
I was wondering however if ret aura is really THAT needed when compared to sanc.

I figured the typical thing would be to have ret aura on at the start of the pull and then switch to sanc aura after a few hits from the mobs. Would this work well enough or should i just put the points else where during our stay in MH?

Ardent Defender is win. If some warlock OT you could taunt, but if you got oneshot you would wipe.
And you could take a retadin to gain Sanc Aura.
superworm

Return to Mt. Hyjal