Remove Advertisements

Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Blaen99 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:59 am

Demiblade wrote:It is possible to down him with just 5min trinket. I posted the details in a different section (because it is actually spec related, and still a viable spec in general for other bosses).

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=1791


It's also possible to down him without -any- trinket.

I regularly forget to equip my trinket, we get him down anyways at this point.

Problem is, 2-min gives you the largest margin of error.

Trinket is there as a margin of error primarily. You don't technically need one to down him. I may make a video about it later.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:30 pm

Essentially your DPS has to power through the ground phases as quickly as possible.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Cragus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:58 am

Aim for 1 fear per ground phase.
Image
Cragus
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:06 am
Location: England

Postby Eliane » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:57 am

My latest Nightbane kill. The movie is 300% faster than normal speed and I slightly outgear the encounter :D

http://stage6.divx.com/user/angreal/vid ... -Nightbane
Image
Eliane
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 3:59 am

Postby melange » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:29 pm

Blaen99 wrote:
melange wrote:I should have enough honor to get the 2 min fear trinket tonight. Can anyone pose the macros they use to cycle DS / BoP / and Trinket for NB? I want to try it this week in Kara.


/stopcasting
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cancelaura Blessing of Protection
/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Exorcism


This is the Nightbane macro. Use BOP or DS DURING his fear cast, NOT after. You hit BOP or DS as SOON as he begins to cast the fear, then hit this macro immediately after he finishes the cast.

Timed properly, he won't ever look away from you.


Tried this tonight as I spent last week getting the 17k honor for the trinket. It was absolutely awesome. Got him down first go and was one of the most fun fights I have done.

Thansk for the macro tip Blaen and to everyone else on this great forum for their advice.
melange
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:21 am

My raid's current record for Fears Per Transition (or FPT as I like to call it) is 0.5.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Joonho » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:53 pm

Tanked Nightbane with a fairly new group and no fear ward (I be an alliance pally :().

Wiped gloriously at 6% and 5%. Both times, someone managed to pull aggro off of me, which is odd, because I have about 350 spelldmg. I don't think it was a bug, but the second time we wiped, I use DS macro since my BoP macro and trinket was on cooldown.

Just wondering if anyone had problems using DS, or if I was just unlucky.
Joonho
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Postby melange » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Joonho .. the name sounds familiar ... did I not meet you in battleground with a hunter in your team for a chat last week ?)

Anyway to answer your question hehe ... I find the optimal time to cast BoP or DS is after he starts casting his spell. Then as soon as the spell is casted I pop the macro to remove the bubble. Only time its done different is when using trinket since that has to be casted after the spell has gone off.

The reason for this is (as I read in an earlier post here) is that once hes started casting he wont aggro anyone. But if you were to pop DS before he started casting a spell he might get a hit off or two.

Note : I use deadly boss mobs and even tho it has a fear indicator it does not mean the fear will go off as soon as the timer is up. I found I have to watch the focus bar to see when he starts casting fear. Also when he lands there is no DB warning - rather had to keep watching the focus bar.

EDIT : I meant arena - not BG's
melange
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Postby Demiblade » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Joonho wrote:Tanked Nightbane with a fairly new group and no fear ward (I be an alliance pally :().

Wiped gloriously at 6% and 5%. Both times, someone managed to pull aggro off of me, which is odd, because I have about 350 spelldmg. I don't think it was a bug, but the second time we wiped, I use DS macro since my BoP macro and trinket was on cooldown.

Just wondering if anyone had problems using DS, or if I was just unlucky.


I agree DS is most tricky to break fear out of all 3 as it seems to make Nightbane ignore you most for a split sec or so if your execution slips.

DS only when he starts casting. Remember to judge SoR and exorcism immediately after DS is dismissed. That will get his attention back. The macro above to do that is very useful if you are slow with manual execution.
Image
User avatar
Demiblade
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:57 am

Postby Kash » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:44 am

Just attempted Nightbane for the first time tonight. We have no fear ward, totems or warrior tank in the raid. Took us a few tries to figure out how to deal with the air phase and keep everyone up through the fight, but fear really was a non issue.

Had him to 50% on first attempt. Then a couple early wipes do to non game related distractions til we got our act together and took him down. Felt freaking great. =)

Props to Blaen for the macros, man :). Very slick and worked like a charm. I did actually have to eat a couple of fears, but I only have the 5 min pvp trink atm. The 2 min should solve that problem and as our dps increases, the less fears to deal with.

I noticed when I did get feared, he stuck to me. Including while divine shield was up. I believe I dispelled it before fear wore off the other melees..didnt want to take any chances, but it appears you could do this even without the PvP trinket, as long as your threat's in good shape and you've got a hot or 2 on ya.

Anyways, props to Thels, Lore and Dreamcrusher. You guys know your stuff and I've learned a thing or two. :)

Tanking Gruul Saturday btw..wish me luck.

peace.
Image
Kash
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 am

Postby Cragus » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:48 am

He would have stuck to you because he had no other options to go after, ie everyone else feared or, you with shield = no fear.
Image
Cragus
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:06 am
Location: England

Postby Kash » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:03 am

Cragus wrote:He would have stuck to you because he had no other options to go after, ie everyone else feared or, you with shield = no fear.


That was the obvious thought for me as well, but we have a fury warrior that uses his immunity through the fears. He swore he was not feared when it happened and kinda marveled at it. He had a shield macroed to pick it up for a few seconds if I couldnt get out of fear, but never needed to use it. In additon, some of our ranged were staying around max distance which should be out of fear range, so *shrug*.
Image
Kash
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 am

Postby Joonho » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:38 am

melange wrote:Joonho .. the name sounds familiar ... did I not meet you in battleground with a hunter in your team for a chat last week ?)

Anyway to answer your question hehe ... I find the optimal time to cast BoP or DS is after he starts casting his spell. Then as soon as the spell is casted I pop the macro to remove the bubble. Only time its done different is when using trinket since that has to be casted after the spell has gone off.

The reason for this is (as I read in an earlier post here) is that once hes started casting he wont aggro anyone. But if you were to pop DS before he started casting a spell he might get a hit off or two.

Note : I use deadly boss mobs and even tho it has a fear indicator it does not mean the fear will go off as soon as the timer is up. I found I have to watch the focus bar to see when he starts casting fear. Also when he lands there is no DB warning - rather had to keep watching the focus bar.

EDIT : I meant arena - not BG's


Hmm. Is Melange a pally name? I don't remember it, but I arena with three different teams, so I don't remember a lot of names unless they are on Eredar. (btw, prot pally arena is not as bad as i thought :D)

But ya, I guess we just got unlucky. I usually pop my immune macros during or after the fear cast, and have 2 min pvp trink. I'm pretty sure we could take him down if our more consistent ppl show. Thanks for the advice.
Joonho
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Postby Lore » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:55 am

Hi Joonho!
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Joonho » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:06 am

Hi Lore!

/tar Lore
/jealous
Joonho
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest