Remove Advertisements

Paladin MT on felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:17 pm

Joanadark wrote:
If you get beamed in P2 and are solo tanking her, you got a HUGE problem.

Why is it a huge problem?

I solo tank this fight, and only thing difficult about getting beamed during air phase is successfully drawing pretty pictures with the beam.

Or are you talking about actual DEATH to a beam? If you die to a beam you're completely retarded and fail at controlling your character and have no business being a tank in sunwell imo.

Having the first beam on yourself actually makes it EASIER to pick up all the skellies solo.

The problem with getting beamed while solotanking is that you'll 99% have loose skeletons from the start of the beam.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:38 am

It normally isnt a huge problem if you loop correctly with an arms warrior and some holy paladins throwing a few taunts but not hitting the stuff.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 am

That assumes your holy paladins and arms wars are skilled, that's not a luxury i got often ><
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:20 am

Typical Felmyst layout for holy paladins:

Cakes

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:55 am

The problem with getting beamed while solotanking is that you'll 99% have loose skeletons from the start of the beam.

drop consecrate behind you. loop correctly. seal-spam. ranged taunt.

my guild also makes very clever use of ice slick traps and earthbind totems as well.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 am

wtb your hunters and shamans

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 am

Wait, people do this without frost trap and earthbind?
Elsie

Postby fiorina » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:39 pm

There is like 5 seconds from when she takes-off and start casting a beam on you. You know, you can run from the center and use exorcism or AS still. No need to stand in melee and wait for being beamed... During my tanking I've never imagined this to be a problem honestly. There are rather a mana issues as skeletons hits for too low or threat issues if you can't get shaman... but beams :/

Good use of frost trap is when skeletons are gathered... you can get away from them and cast Holy Wrath. Not like it's very beneficial, but it looks soo good.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Helenia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Imo there is no point in the prot paladin MT'ing this encounter. Having a prot warrior or feral druid MT is invaluable in p2 if one beam is on left side, and one on right side. You head for first beam, gather up one side, run like hell to the rendezvous point, while the MT consolidates as many from other side, then everyone collapses, voila. Plus our threat is definitely not as high as a feral or warrior on this fight...and threat is sensitive on this fight due to ranged continuing to nuke after she takes off.
Helenia

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Wait, calm down, our threat is superior to a bear or warrior on this fight.

If for some reason DPS are threatcapped and you can't beat the enrage timer on this, having the Paladin tank Felmyst is a valid way to beat this issue.

I still want to kill that one who said that our threat is inferior to druids and warriors on non-undead/demon single target, it's such a lie :\

Plus, we keep generating threat while she's in the air due to Spiritual Attunement (not much, but still a plus), and a skilled paladin can keep using Exorcism on her while getting skeletons.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Imo there is no point in the prot paladin MT'ing this encounter. Having a prot warrior or feral druid MT is invaluable in p2 if one beam is on left side, and one on right side. You head for first beam, gather up one side, run like hell to the rendezvous point, while the MT consolidates as many from other side, then everyone collapses, voila. Plus our threat is definitely not as high as a feral or warrior on this fight...and threat is sensitive on this fight due to ranged continuing to nuke after she takes off.

You're wrong on both accounts. Only your first consecrate should be on the first beam. The only point of another tank is to save stupid healers who run too far from the rendezvous point when your exorcism / judgment / taunt are down.
Elsie

Postby Helenia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:21 am

Elsie wrote:

You're wrong on both accounts. Only your first consecrate should be on the first beam. The only point of another tank is to save stupid healers who run too far from the rendezvous point when your exorcism / judgment / taunt are down.

Works perfectly fine for my guild every week so I guess I fail to see how it's wrong..oh well.

Our warrior produces 1600 or so sustained TPS on this fight. Would we be able to do comparable TPS while still maintaining the necessary stamina and avoidance? I haven't tested it but I'd be inclined to say "no."

And Elsie, that "strat" I illustrated above works perfectly fine for my guild, every week, so obviously I'm not "wrong." Felmyst on farm with zero errors during flight phase other than the occasion disconnect resulting in mind control via the green breath. Maybe it's not the way you do it, but you have my assurances that the method works, and works well. STH, or more commonly, Stratholme Holy Water I always have in my bags on this fight to use on the far group of skeletons.

I can't wait for the instant Holy Wrath spell in Wrath (at least that's what I heard can't confirm, no beta key) it sure would come in handy on this fight lol.
Helenia

Postby Elsie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 am

Perhaps I should've have said "It's possible to..." instead of "only..". Either way, you're still wrong about needing another tank for p2 and our threat being subpar. Especially since you can trinket/wings every single ground phase. Your strategy relies more heavily on needing a warrior for p2.

We even have some minor advantages and disavdantages in p1. If a warrior gets a horribly high avoidance streak in the beginning his threat generation will be terrible. Being a paladin kinda solves that. Of course, she's a slow hard hitter so we lose some holy shield threat and mitigation which means war/druid has a mitigation advantage. We can generate threat longer on felmyst due to ranged threat abilities (avenger's shield, exorcism, holy wrath) where a warrior/druid MT can save people who arent where they're supposed to be.

Instant Holy Wrath in the beta is quite fun and hits hard.
Elsie

Postby Joanadark » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:06 pm

wtb your hunters and shamans

I had to tell them to do it. Never occured to them. Even when they were getting wtfowned.
and then i had to teach them how to do it.

I'm just more hard-headed than you.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Morganim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Helenia wrote:
Our warrior produces 1600 or so sustained TPS on this fight. Would we be able to do comparable TPS while still maintaining the necessary stamina and avoidance? I haven't tested it but I'd be inclined to say "no."

I can do that on this fight easily, and i dont even change any gear for the fight or any fight really, except a cloak/neck or trinket here and there
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau