Tanked Karazhan today.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanked Karazhan today.

Postby Martie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Well, the second half of it, at least.

At first, we wiped because the raid leader told me to pull something when nobody was ready for it. Yay.

Then we wiped on Romulo and his little trollop. She seduced me before I could grab aggro, second try was a great success.

Then I explained to our warrior tank (new level 70, kinda like me), that I'd have none of that off-tank/main tank business. We both have different strengths, and we'd use them. So that worked well. (Untill he discovered that once I had aggro on something, he couldn't take it off me without taunting.) Oh, well, he's a great guy, and tanking with him was fun.

Downed the curator, though we were a little spotty on the flares, our healers pulled us through.
Wiped again on shade (I guess that's what they call 'learning' things.) Second try I made sure to conserve some mana, and I went elemental hunting once they spawned. That worked well. We got sheeped (last elemental unsheeped me), I ran to the shade, hit it, and it unsheeped everyone else by throwing pyroblasts at them. Damn I love having two good druid healers. Everyone was at full health, so no problem. He died shortly after that.
Illhoof was a work of art. I was standing back to bact with the warrior (he took lilhoof, I took the imps), spamming consecrate and being blast by tons of fireballs while smacking the named imp and casting exorcism on le-hoof.
Chess was chaotic, but fun, and we won. First time I saw only six pieces left on the board, luckily four of them were ours.

After that, we had a long wait, people going away, new people to be found.

Then we got to prince.
First try. We did okay, but too many people died from the enfeebles, and the tank gets... slaughtered. 2.8 seconds,
Second try. I run away from him (not uncrushable yet, so not tanking him) because I get enfeebled, make it out of his range, am chatting up the casters while waiting for the enfeeblement to end, and an infernal lands on my head. The result was messy. We decided to give it one more try.

And we took too long in phase 3. I partially blame one of our rogues who (again) died from enfeeblement, but our dps wasn't quite up to spec either. Our mage had a very solid 707 dps, but the rest wasn't so great. Warlock at 550, Rogue at 500 (but he died in phase one), shadow priest at 470, other rogue at 440ish. And of couse my measly 143. :(

That's when we called it a night. I decided that the next time that I don't tank him, I'm bringing a healing set, and I'll convince the warrior that he should bring another weapon or two in case I do tank him.

Overall, a fun night, learned a lot, never had aggro problems, tanked tons of mobs., got some tier 4 gauntlets and a great ring (the Shermanar Great-ring).
And I got my first 10 badges! 5 more for the libram.

Anyone got any advice on what to improve?
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby athom » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Run it again.
Get uncrushable and dont let the warrior tank Prince, we're far superior in this fight.

Then run it again.
After that again.

And after that make the warrior go respecc dps. ;-)
athom

Postby inthedrops » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Dude, from the sounds of it you rocked that place!!!

Also, I like what you said about the two tanks working together. That's pretty cool and what it's all about.

I'm quite happy for you. Keep up the good work!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Tanked Karazhan today.

Postby Falkman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:53 am

Martie wrote:I decided that the next time that I don't tank him, I'm bringing a healing set, and I'll convince the warrior that he should bring another weapon or two in case I do tank him.

This is a great idea.
My guild runs with me and a warrior as primary tanks, and we both carry around a second set of gear (me healing, he dps) so we can actually do anything meaningful when we get to a boss where only one of us need to tank.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Katerina » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:53 am

Grats man, sounds like a blast :D

And yeah, just keep doing it over and over. :) You'll get there.
Katerina

Postby Nakama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:51 am

Sounds like you did great, Martie.

Get uncrushable back and try again on your normal bat time/bat channel. Sounds like you're doing well and have a good team to go with. I think your assessment of your DPS is probably accurate though, and that can only get better with their skill or gear getting better, I'd imagine.

--Jed
Nakama

Return to Karazhan