Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arquine » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 am

personally I think 40/21 is the best overall setup for felmyst adds tanking (without reckoning).

go with 5/5 redoubt, 3/3 shield spec, 4/5 anticipation.

The run speed is awesome for movement boss, the extra threat is also a great boost.
Arquine

Postby inthedrops » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 am

Karador wrote:Any good links to a paladin tank picking up adds around? Just got Brut tonight and heading for Felmyst tomorrow.

Also to Lore and Worldi.... think that in my current setup i should go 40/21 or cookie cutter? will be tanking adds on this fight only for the time being.

VVVVVVV Click Sig for armory

I agree any spec would work. However this being your progression time you should probably gear/spec for survivability initially and slowly adjust as you learn.

One tip for you is that the DPS will probably want to start AoE'ing the adds too soon. If you know your threat will be low you should make sure you're the one that calls out when to AoE and no one else. A good time to call out for AoE would be after you know where the second breath is going to be. Until then dps should be patient. If you don't need to move for the second breath then dps then where you're at. If you have to move then move then and start dps'ing.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Arquine » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIL0zMgoxxsx0hcz

I'd recoment the build above. It's more survivability than people give credit for. Speed is vital in this fight, for picking up adds, running away from encapsulated. Both offensively and defensively PoJ is king for this fight.

the extra threat is imba as well, that goes without saying. Only thing you lose is AD but tbh, you should be more worried about people around you dying versus you dying.

I tanked with this build when I had 1pt6, and with just heroics and badges. I'm sure this build will work for any decent gear level.
Arquine

Postby Elsie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:22 pm

This isn't really an threat sensitive fight for you if you're just tanking p2. I would use 2/2 imp judgement and Ardent defender for the greatest mitigation.
Elsie

Postby Karador » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:46 am

Got to tank this fight last night for the first time. Thanks for all the tips guys. I went with 0/40/21 for it and had LOLAggro :)

Now if we can just get someone that can call out the correct places that the Fog of ROFL is going to hit then we should have this one in the bag in a night or two.

Any tips on calling where she is going to crop dust? They had problems saying it looked like it was going to be north and it went in the center. Or calling it Mid and it went to the north >.<.
Karador

Postby inthedrops » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Karador wrote:Any tips on calling where she is going to crop dust?

Give them some time to learn it as I don't think it's incredibly obvious. They'll figure it out.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Karador » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 pm

inthedrops wrote:Give them some time to learn it as I don't think it's incredibly obvious. They'll figure it out.

Yea was just fishing for a " if she goes here she is going to breath here " thing. Although i will admit that i laughed my ass off all night hearing them pulling out hair trying to get it right :)
Karador

Postby inthedrops » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:49 am

Karador wrote:
inthedrops wrote:Give them some time to learn it as I don't think it's incredibly obvious. They'll figure it out.

Yea was just fishing for a " if she goes here she is going to breath here " thing. Although i will admit that i laughed my ass off all night hearing them pulling out hair trying to get it right :)

Sorry :) I don't have any tips. I'm on the ground like you worrying about healers and what not.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:00 am

My advice is to have exactly one person allowed to call out directions, and to call out where the raid needs to move, not where the breath is. The caller should probably be someone who does nothing on air phases, like a rogue who doesn't even want to be DPSing the skeletons (due to the risk of pulling aggro and getting dazed) and can sprint if they get distracted staring at the sky.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kezia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 pm

I haven't read the entire thread, but on phase 2 I read that it's a good idea for whoever gets the beam to run around the pally tank in a circle about the size of a consecrate to make it easier to pick up adds. Is this a good/effective idea?
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:09 pm

No, it's a terrible idea. Just run toward twins side or opposite and curve north or south.

You run toward the tree (north) or p1 tank spot (south) for breathes.
You run the beams way off so people don't run through them to get to the north or south or back to the Doom box where your consecrate should usually be.

You can't really 'form a circle' around the tank. If you take a lot of turns, the beam will catch up to you and you get the dot and usually die. If you aren't ALREADY RUNNING when the beams touch down, you will get the dot and definitely die. The best you can do is run it away and curve it back near the end so you aren't too far from the paladin. Obviously your beams won't even start as elegantly to the sides of the doom box and will be more diagonal, but my MS paint skills are bad. Run it away, and curve it north/south after a few seconds so you dont run too far.

Just, a second or two after she starts hovering, start running a direction east or west and curve north/south so people can get to the box and in consecrate safely.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 pm

There's a little misinformation. You don't get the dot from the beam. You get the dot from the green shit.
Since it takes 2-3 seconds from the time the beam passes somewhere to the green cloud spawn, you can get hit from the beam and still not be dotted.
The beam itself deals around 3k dam every 2 seconds, the DoT is 3k per second.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:28 pm

I was pretty sure you get it regardless whether or not it's visual yet if you got the beam-whacked. oh well - still going to die.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 pm

You can definitely run it in a circle, but that's a really bad idea anyway.

Depends on the positioning. My preference is for people with beams to run away in as straight a line possible away from the tree (where the raid goes to).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kezia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:08 pm

PsiVen wrote:You can definitely run it in a circle, but that's a really bad idea anyway.

Depends on the positioning. My preference is for people with beams to run away in as straight a line possible away from the tree (where the raid goes to).

Ah ok, this seems best then. So as they run in a line, I'd run behind them and drop consecrate as the skellies spawn, from my understanding.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau