Tanking HC's?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking HC's?

Postby Sophotrates » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:20 am

Yet another post of tanking HC's ^^

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=syrgalia

Till now i have tanked all normals exept for Arca and MgT, and while tanking botanica / mech normal (which belong to the easiest HC's i thnk) i often went close on dying (died 1 time on Laj but rogue with evasion finished it)
Now i want to know, should i be able to tank HC's with my gear? I'm really not confident about it and it's stupid to say to ppl "gonna try but expect to wipe" :p

Gonna try HC botanica in few minutes but just can't find healer atm, will update how that went

other question about blocking: if i put HS on, i got a big change of blocking, which is good, tho i dont like to see on bosses "3000 hitted (204 blocked)"... cant this be prevented? im almost 102.4% avoidance (need libram) and dont want to change parry and dodge for block value

Thx in advance
Sophotrates

Postby anthony » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 am

well your hp is sort of on the low side and so is your spell damage but with wizard oil and priest buff/kings that can get sorted. i would say that your ready for the easier heroics, sp, bot and mech with the help of a bit of CC.
block value isnt important enough to actually look for it and sacrifice other stats for it. when u get to 102.4% with holy shield up then u can start to trade block rating for dodge/parry. and when you block you only block the amount of block value you have and take the rest of the blow, thats why you try to stack as much dodge as possible while still remaining uncrushable because if you just constantly block attacks and do not parry/dodge/are missed then you will get your ass handed to you in raids.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Sophotrates » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:45 am

thx for info, entering botanica now with hunter trap, mage sheep and lock seduce so cc enough i guess
Sophotrates

Postby anthony » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 am

Sophotrates wrote:thx for info, entering botanica now with hunter trap, mage sheep and lock seduce so cc enough i guess

yeah looks like a good group as long as they know how to play, let 'em know its your first time there and just ask them at the end if they think you done well/ what you can improve upon.
anthony

Postby Sophotrates » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 am

fully cleared it: 1 wipe + 1 time i died only

tho i have to say we had imba mage (38% dps) and imba holy priest
overall it was pretty easy :D

on to the next one!
Sophotrates

Postby anthony » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:35 am

gz and gl :)
anthony