Potion sickness V.2

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Potion sickness V.2

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm

So dunno if anyone else on Beta noticed this, but I think I can finally say the removal of the potion sickness debuff itself was intended.

Tonight I noticed that instead of the debuff itself, the 2 minute CD timer on potions will not start until you drop outta combat.

Probably a more elegant solution instead of just throwing on a debuff, although the result is the same :wink: . One I wholeheartedly support by the way.

Imo much better design philosophy to design encounters without extensive potion use intended and/or required. Also forces players to play smarter :)
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Image
User avatar
Selinaria
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Burlington,Ontario, Canada

Re: Potion sickness V.2

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Selinaria wrote:So dunno if anyone else on Beta noticed this, but I think I can finally say the removal of the potion sickness debuff itself was intended.

Tonight I noticed that instead of the debuff itself, the 2 minute CD timer on potions will not start until you drop outta combat.

Probably a more elegant solution instead of just throwing on a debuff, although the result is the same :wink: . One I wholeheartedly support by the way.

Imo much better design philosophy to design encounters without extensive potion use intended and/or required. Also forces players to play smarter :)


Nothing smarter about not using pots in encounters that are designed for them. Players aren't going to get better because of this. That said, I like the change.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby PsiVen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 pm

So now instead of being able to use pots once in combat we can use pots once in combat and then wait another 2 minutes? :/
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 pm

PsiVen wrote:So now instead of being able to use pots once in combat we can use pots once in combat and then wait another 2 minutes? :/


Seems that way :|
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Image
User avatar
Selinaria
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Burlington,Ontario, Canada

Postby Soltyr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 pm

PsiVen wrote:So now instead of being able to use pots once in combat we can use pots once in combat and then wait another 2 minutes? :/


I bet due the pvp.
No point to make pve potionless and happy pvp drinking.
Image
User avatar
Soltyr
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Perfectly makes sense.


I'm happy as long as pot sickness stays.




I quite had enough of using over nine thousand ironshields per raid, and i'm sure our healers and casters think same of mana pots.

I'll just not get started on Destru/Haste pots.
Drums at least got 50 charges.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13555
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Worldie wrote:Perfectly makes sense.


I'm happy as long as pot sickness stays.




I quite had enough of using over nine thousand ironshields per raid, and i'm sure our healers and casters think same of mana pots.

I'll just not get started on Destru/Haste pots.
Drums at least got 50 charges.


And even drums can't be chained anymore, lest your eardrums burst.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Passionario » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:30 pm

*looks at his Redeemer/Sorcerer alchemist stones and weeps*
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Postby aranil » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Passionario wrote:*looks at his Redeemer/Sorcerer alchemist stones and weeps*


When I heard about the mining buff, I dropped Herb, when I saw this, I went with my desire to make shiny baubles. I don't regret it, but sometimes I see the 3! stones sitting in my bank, and cry
User avatar
aranil
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: On the floor

Postby Norrath » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:02 am

Passionario wrote:*looks at his Redeemer/Sorcerer alchemist stones and weeps*


Well, look on the bright side! Even though the 40% potion buff is now useless, aside from the name, they are exactly the same! :D You can totally wear two unique items with the exact same stats!

*cough*
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 am

Passionario wrote:*looks at his Redeemer/Sorcerer alchemist stones and weeps*


I thought of that, but my priest got better trinket than another stone anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13555
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Mortehl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:02 am

WAIT! I don't need 10+ @$##@$$@# primal earth per raid anymore? AYAYYAYAYAYAYA

(Total sarcasm since I knew this already but felt like bitching at how much sunwell nights cost me :P)
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Enkal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 am

I'm still thinking about what I shall replace my herb/alch with.... :?

I dont need enchanting since I will be able to enchant my tankadin by sending enchants from my warlock. Other interesting choices: JC, Engineering and Blacksmithing.

Guess I'll wait and see.
Image
User avatar
Enkal
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:23 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Soltyr » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:59 am

Enkal wrote:I'm still thinking about what I shall replace my herb/alch


Isn't Mixology 50% increase effect?
Not sure how much worth it is for lev80 elixir/flask compared to other proffessions tho.
Image
User avatar
Soltyr
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Postby Mordinm » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 am

On a side note how does the potion cooldown work for classes that can drop combat. Will hunters and rogues be able to pot again two minutes after a vanish/FD.
Mordinm
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:58 am

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest