Selinaria's Ret and Prot experiences thus far. *yay ony solo

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Kelaan wrote::wub: :)
Can't wait to read more of your experiences, then.

I thought I might as well expand on this and keep all my personal experiences to this thread for all specs.

Just to go along with that I have put much more effort into my protection set, this was more just an experiment to give me some insights into the state of retribution. Thus far I have tanked all instances with green and blue tanking gear outta Northrend and the new mechanics work just fine.

Been tanking with this spec at 77, 0/57/11

To elaborate on my current state of gear, thus far I have not replaced Lightbringer handguards, Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx and have yet to find a good libram or trinkets since at the moment they pretty much do not exist for tanking it seems. Otherwise my entire gear set is now the blue set listed here: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?search=tempered+saronite ( I would be using those gloves but the level cap isnt high enough yet) + Saronite Bulwark.

The weapon is the Crimson Cranium Crusher and the rings are Signet of Arachnathid Command and Kurzel's Warband

Note: WTB working beta armory like equivalent even though I know why Blizzard doesn't implement one with everything changing so often.

All of the above gives me the stats in the following 2 screenies, keep in mind all of it is not enchanted except for the old gear.

Hey look Splug got a cameo because of me!

And looking at those screenshots reminds me why except for certain scenarios my UI is scaled WAY down, that is ugly...

Edited title as I think I'm just gonna keep my ramblings confined to this thread :wink:

Edit #2: Also if anyone wants or needs my help or experiences in any way just drop a quick note here since I have kinda abandoned live at the moment (especially since my guild is kinda disintegrating :( ) and I play on beta quite a bit.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby knaughty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:19 pm

You've replaced your gear - but what were you in on live?

I'm tanking twins attempts at the moment, still not sure how long that gear is going to last.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Selinaria » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 pm

I was in a mix of T6/badge gear and T5 gear for the most part, but in reality I chose to change my gear regardless of whether it was an upgrade or not, shield is a sidegrade to illidan roughly, basically everything was roughly a side grade give or take.

Tanking twins on live, could probably last you the whole way to 80 and do just fine imo, by about 77 you will probably see side-grades to a certain extent.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Previous

Return to WotLK