Remove Advertisements

KoT Hillsbrad and BM

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

KoT Hillsbrad and BM

Postby Scrawn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:36 am

Ok, im just about to ding 70 and ive kind of got my list of what gear im going to target for first. Right at the top of the list is the Continuum Blade and Timewardens leggings so I can focus on mit gear quicker.

Question:

Can I tank these instances right up or will I need to gear up elsewhere first? Im mostly in spldmg basic tank gear ive acquired while levelling and some sorcerer gear.

If i do would you recommend me taking the healy role until i get these items then go gear up and go back to tanking?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Re: KoT Hillsbrad and BM

Postby Hollyhell » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:20 am

Scrawn wrote:Ok, im just about to ding 70 and ive kind of got my list of what gear im going to target for first. Right at the top of the list is the Continuum Blade and Timewardens leggings so I can focus on mit gear quicker.

Question:

Can I tank these instances right up or will I need to gear up elsewhere first? Im mostly in spldmg basic tank gear ive acquired while levelling and some sorcerer gear.

If i do would you recommend me taking the healy role until i get these items then go gear up and go back to tanking?

I personally find BM to be a hard instance, even now at 11.5k unbuffed HP (mainly due to 2nd bosses MS type debuff). Hell, I used LoH on myself in it the other day and it hit me for 1,300.

Durnholde is easy, however.
Hollyhell

Postby Scrawn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:12 am

So were thinking, Tank around Durnholde while heal in BM? I have nowhere near 11k hp and as I said basic tanking greens. Is it worth going for these items first still?

Possibly 1 Durn run with quest
1 BM run with quest but heal
Rest Durn till revered?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby ulushnar » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:22 am

I'd gear up before tanking BM. That said, these days I love tanking BM because I can just AoE everything and the add-handler can pick them off me one at a time.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:24 am

Bring a good healer and you'll be fine. I tanked BM at 69 (with much grunting).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics