Remove Advertisements

Trash waves and Aggro issues

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Rule number 1 about aoe tanking: See rule number 1 about dpsers and pulilng off tanks

TL;DR: Consecration is op, dps is even more op. Do not expect to hold aggro on everything forever. This is specially true for crypt fiends because htey are assholes.
I run with about 800 spell damage on that and still lose stuff. Just taunt.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Rule number 1 about aoe tanking: See rule number 1 about dpsers and pulilng off tanks

TL;DR: Consecration is op, dps is even more op. Do not expect to hold aggro on everything forever. This is specially true for crypt fiends because htey are assholes.
I run with about 800 spell damage on that and still lose stuff. Just taunt.

That's interesting you said that. Now that I think about it it does always seem that when I do lose a mob it is 99% of the time a crypt fiend, lol.
Holyfuri

Postby Avine » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Holyfuri wrote:
That's interesting you said that. Now that I think about it it does always seem that when I do lose a mob it is 99% of the time a crypt fiend, lol.

Yeah, it's almost always a crypt fiend. I try to LoS them around the "gate wall" at the human area, but inevitably someone throws down a frost trap, blizzard, or earthbind totem and they slow to a crawl and eat a seed explosion or two before they get any serious time in Consecrate.
Avine

Postby athom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Hm....TAB+Exorcism up every CD?
TAB+JoR up every CD?
athom

Postby Avine » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 pm

athom wrote:Hm....TAB+Exorcism up every CD?
TAB+JoR up every CD?

Of course. I even check the threat on each mob to try to prioritize the use of exorcism and JoR on mobs that are getting close to wandering off.

What I'm trying to get here is that my GM is pushing me to stack more spell damage to keep things off the locks, and I'm trying to find out if there's a number that people in the same situation I'm in aim for. Honestly, 800+ seems like a pretty solid number, from what I'm reading.

To give a few numbers, I was at 1300 dps on trash waves last night, and every one of the locks was between 3200 and 3800 dps and the 2 mages were over 2800.
Avine

Postby inthedrops » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Avine wrote:
athom wrote:Hm....TAB+Exorcism up every CD?
TAB+JoR up every CD?

Of course. I even check the threat on each mob to try to prioritize the use of exorcism and JoR on mobs that are getting close to wandering off.

What I'm trying to get here is that my GM is pushing me to stack more spell damage to keep things off the locks, and I'm trying to find out if there's a number that people in the same situation I'm in aim for. Honestly, 800+ seems like a pretty solid number, from what I'm reading.

To give a few numbers, I was at 1300 dps on trash waves last night, and every one of the locks was between 3200 and 3800 dps and the 2 mages were over 2800.

It's normal. As someone already said the dps can pretty much always pull mobs off you. Also as mentioned tell the GM that the reason they're getting agro is becaise of the crypt feinds coming into the aoe area late.

800 is more than enough. I think you or your GM thinks locks should never pull agro in here. That's not a valid expectation.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Zolexa » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:43 pm

The AE'ers (locks and mages using arcane especially) will pull at one time or another. Just taunt when you can. I normally say things like "Just taunted off <insert dps war name here>, Mages/Locks your on your own for 15 seconds" or "Just taunted off <mage>.. <warlock> you about to die" And in both cases I hear about 2-4 soul shatters go off.

Only thing I suggest. Always make sure you're using max rank. My entire hotbar reset one night and both my consecrates (I have rk1 and max next to each other) and all other spells defaulted to rank 1. We couldn't figure out wtf was going on (and didnt have time to stop and discuss mid-waves/event). After Rage we stopped the raid until we figure out what was going on...

I've now been called "Rank 1" for about 4 weeks...
Zolexa

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal