Remove Advertisements

Taunting Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Taunting Kalecgos

Postby Akonda » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Anyone have a horror story of a taunt resisting? My MT is telling me to gear myself for hit rating so my taunt doesn't resist. As much sense as it doesn't make, I did some math, and based on four pieces of gear that I see viable for use in a tanking set...

Bonefist Gauntlets (badge gloves)
Praetoran Legguards (SoAkama)
Myrmidon's Treads (Najentus boots? or is it SoAkama)
Chestguard of the Warlord (Zul'Jin in ZA)

...and factoring in the gems for all my red and yellow sockets to give hit rating NOT defense (again it seems stupid to me) I'd be looking at 14.5% hit rating increase. Now, making such a change to my gear for one boss seems absurd and I'm wondering if anyone out there has any feedback on this.

My second question is regarding the demon specifically. I remember trying to taunt off of the demon (I was holy at the time) to die faster. Nothing happened. I don't know if it resisted, or if there is some condition to being able to taunt the demon on this fight?

Sorry to make a new post for this, but the other Kalecgos posts are far from informative.
Akonda

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:15 pm

There's no real point in gearing for hit considering a taunt resist is not really a issue most of the times. You might get 2 taunt resists in a row and need to readjust your tank rotations, but that's about it.

The issue on demon is, if you taunt him while he's casting shadow bolt volley, you cast it on his target rather than on his current threat leader, so there's the chance that your taunt lands due to latency after he switches target back, so you basically taunted nothing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arquine » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:10 pm

what if his guild uses a 2 tank rotation? 1 failed taunt can be really bad.
Arquine

Postby Akonda » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 pm

They do use a 2 tank rotation.

Does warlock A's aggro reset on the dragon if the warlock gets ported to the demon? Was another question I thought of.

I suggested the arcane resist strat, but they're hellbent on not changing the strat in fear of weeks more of wiping. I can't find any solid information on the AR pally tank strat so I can't much mount an argument to change it.

We've downed him I think about 10 times now so they don't want to rock the boat.

Guess I'll dust off my healing boots for this one :(
Akonda

Postby Elsie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:14 am

3 tank is just... so much simpler and less open to rng. Even if one dies you can move to 2-tank.
But yeah a taunt resist can really suck in 2-tank. I'd suggest just ring, neck, and shield myself.
Threat doesn't reset at any point.
Elsie

Postby Base » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:32 am

I've responded to your pm on the 1 dragon tank strat - personally we've found it much more reliable than having a 3 tank rotation (although we obviously have 3 tanks - just 1 dragon, 2 demon tanks).
Base

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 am

Just FYI, everytime someone takes a portal, his aggro on the target on that side is resetted. So so basically except for first portal round, threat is by far not a issue on this fight.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:01 am

It's not reset bro, it's just that the tanks are always exchanging eachothers threats unlike the rest of the raid members, makes it look like it resets.
You're quite right that only the first rotation should ever concern a tank for threat (I actually stop attacking and just HS/Consecrate/Judge to try and help the healers mana flow a bit even now), but most certainly, it doesn't reset :p
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby PsiVen » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 am

Eh well, threat's not an issue on Kalecgos but it certainly is on Sathrovarr. If you're not maxing it Kalec will rip him right back off you which is just as bad as a taunt resist.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 am

Differente is, kalecgos can take few hits, clothies cant :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 pm

PsiVen wrote:Eh well, threat's not an issue on Kalecgos but it certainly is on Sathrovarr. If you're not maxing it Kalec will rip him right back off you which is just as bad as a taunt resist.

He will rip him during enrage only (below 10%), other than that, he can tank many rotations alone without major problems.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Arquine » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Elsie wrote:3 tank is just... so much simpler and less open to rng. Even if one dies you can move to 2-tank.
But yeah a taunt resist can really suck in 2-tank. I'd suggest just ring, neck, and shield myself.
Threat doesn't reset at any point.

same difference. I could argue that 2-tank tactic is so much straight forward and straight forward in terms of healing that one tank in each realm. You're also subject to less dynamic change of portal rotations.

We've been killing Kalecgos every week with 2-tank.
Arquine

Return to Sunwell Plateau