Remove Advertisements

Paladin MT on felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:28 pm

If your warrior can consistently pull 1100+ TPS on Felmyst (and he should), it might also be a l2p issue from the DPS. Hence, they are failing at dropping threat. They should drop threat (vanish, ss, invis, etc) at the start of 2nd ground phase (possibly during first air phase breaths or right before the landing), and then again later.

Our DPS can push 2300+ DPS easily with this, even if the warrior which occasionally tanks her doesn't generate nearly as much TPS as me or the other warrior.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I am probably stating the obvious but make sure your warrior has totems. Whenever our DPSers get greedy and don't give the tank group a shaman it bites them in the ass.

Only shadow priests should feel truly threat capped here but then... when are they not? :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:31 pm

PALADINS R AMAZING FOR ALL FITES IN GAME K????????

yeah. thats what these boards are about.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Thark » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Whenever I ask him what group he wants, he chooses to replace someone in the group with Hunter/Hunter/Hunter/Feral/Resto, instead of a group with Enhancement/Rogue/Rogue/Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin. Myself and others keep thinking that Windfury and Melee buffs would be better than 6 or 9% damage, but he disagrees.

I know it's not the most accurate fight for it, but Rehfeld has him at 768TPS for the fight. On Gorefiend he generally runs around 900-1050, and Brutallus around 800-850.

For DPS numbers, are you looking at the total fight? For our kill, we had her take off right around 1%, so the total time of 11:01 is a little skewed. The AE vs Felmyst Damage is also going to make it come out wierd. AOE can blow the skellies up, while our rogues usually call breaths, and the hunters rez their pets.
http://wowwebstats.com/z4qzgr1jrzlhm?s=92332-136845

Our Warlocks did 2700-2750
Our Mage did 2100
Elemental Shaman 2000
Hunters 1350-1450
Myself 1200
Rogues 1100-1400
Thark

Postby DJSticky » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:10 am

Thark wrote:Looking at the other posts here, threat doesn't seem to be nearly as much of an issue for other guilds. I guess it's not so much of a Warrior vs. Paladin thing in that regard, but just something I noticed as an area for us to improve on.

For what it's worth our DPS is threat capped alot no matter if myself or our warrior is tanking. However on Felmyst most people comment that my threat is very good and one of our locks breaks her personal DPS records when I am tanking.

As far as which is better to use... I'm not even going to go there because all things are NEVER equal.

**Edit**
Just realized my armory has the evil 41+ point prot spec for KJ, I don't use that spec for anything except KJ. Everything else is 0/40/21
DJSticky

Postby Consecrate » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:48 am

fiorina wrote:You don't have to comment how silly points I have. You can bring some hard data instead so we can compare and learn.

...well, WWS are up, movies are up, we have bit different opinions, let people sort it out according to their raid needs.

If it 2 shots you, it 2 shots you, it won't 2 shot a warrior 4% less than it will 2 shot a paladin, don't be a tard.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Consecrate » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 am

Mithos wrote:I can't say I disagree either really, hits hard and slow, with cleave and possibility for huge burst, why risk it, not like if you got this far your warriors can't TPS properly :p. It's not impossible, there is no special mechanic preventing us, it is just not optimal by tbh quite a bit.

Anyway it's not like we are useless, add fun in p2.

Unfortunately my guild only has 2 warriors, one is undergeared, another does dogshit tps and doesn't turn up for raids, so it's a fuzzy bear or me. I'm unsure as to what to go for really, the only benefit a fuzzy has is that he has more dodge, but I guess we'll try both out.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Elsie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:01 am

Bears make great tanks for this fight.
Elsie

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Thark wrote:Whenever I ask him what group he wants, he chooses to replace someone in the group with Hunter/Hunter/Hunter/Feral/Resto, instead of a group with Enhancement/Rogue/Rogue/Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin. Myself and others keep thinking that Windfury and Melee buffs would be better than 6 or 9% damage, but he disagrees.
He'd probably be slightly better off in the mele group, but 5% crit, 6% damage, and GoA is combined better than windfury. It is not better than windfury, 2% damage, GoA, battle shout, and UR. However, if your enhance shaman is twisting TA instead of GoA, then that group is going to be all kinds of bad times. But in general, the melee group gives a bigger threat boost than a hunter/druid group. It's not so huge a gap that it's worth worrying about, and there are other things to consider. The rogues/ret paladin/arms warrior are 100% screwed without windfury/BS, whereas the hunters/druid are grumbling but still functional outside their group. If he joins the feral group, it means he can either BS/CS the druid as well, giving someone else utility. Opportunity cost to the other guys involved may be a factor as well.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:32 am

Consecrate wrote:
Mithos wrote:I can't say I disagree either really, hits hard and slow, with cleave and possibility for huge burst, why risk it, not like if you got this far your warriors can't TPS properly :p. It's not impossible, there is no special mechanic preventing us, it is just not optimal by tbh quite a bit.

Anyway it's not like we are useless, add fun in p2.

Unfortunately my guild only has 2 warriors, one is undergeared, another does dogshit tps and doesn't turn up for raids, so it's a fuzzy bear or me. I'm unsure as to what to go for really, the only benefit a fuzzy has is that he has more dodge, but I guess we'll try both out.

Any class can tank any fight in sunwell, Just use what works for your guild

The good point to prot pallies on this fight is if your competent to do it solo you can bring in 1 extra dps which is always nice.
Wars + Bears would have there strongpoints as well, but ive never been told im to hard to heal or been corrosion insta-gibbed so each guild to there own
Morganim

Postby Lowgrus » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 am

There is no reason not to solo tank it if it opens up another spot.

Would you leave 4 tanks in a raid on a progression kill on kalegoes? or 3/4 for brut when they aren't needed.

If I can do it I think I will. I mean seriously. I think I may have an issue picking up all skeeltons by myself could caues problems and lets see if she attacks slow who cares about TC. and imp would be nice but those days are long gone :C
Lowgrus

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:38 am

Actually having a second tank always gives some room for errors in air phase. If you get beamed in P2 and are solo tanking her, you got a HUGE problem.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 am

If you get beamed in P2 and are solo tanking her, you got a HUGE problem.

Why is it a huge problem?

I solo tank this fight, and only thing difficult about getting beamed during air phase is successfully drawing pretty pictures with the beam.

Or are you talking about actual DEATH to a beam? If you die to a beam you're completely retarded and fail at controlling your character and have no business being a tank in sunwell imo.

Having the first beam on yourself actually makes it EASIER to pick up all the skellies solo.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 am

As far as MTing Felmyst, it's worth noting the advantage of being able to self-cleanse the gas debuff off yourself. It saves your healers a global cooldown, and is honestly very easy to take care of yourself.
Joanadark

Postby Thark » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm

With a little bit of help and convincing, we've managed to upgrade the TPS of our warrior a bit. Thanks.

We've always used 2 tanks. Although I feel I could solo tank it, I feel that two tanks is probably an advantage. I do a lot of things in this fight when Felmyst is on the ground, and the MT does a few helpful things when she's in the air. Like with any other fight though, I recommend using the strengths of your guild, and doing what works best for you.
Thark

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau