Remove Advertisements

gauntlet

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

gauntlet

Postby mogarian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm

How are people doing this?

For some reason I'm only good enough to tank Kalecgos and Felmyst adds, just talked them into tanking Brutallus, and hopefully after our bear gets stomped a bunch tonight he won't show up anymore, and he's always ninja-afk :)
mogarian

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:29 pm

We use two tanks. I stay slightly ahead of the raid and pick up Deathbringers and imps as they come down, the other tank deals with the static packs and taunts whatever I have aggro on to be nuked down so I can be ready to pick a new one and not have imps blowing up the melee. Everything can be sheeped or feared as needed and it's quite easy to keep under control as you inch your way up.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Pretty much what we do as well. If i for some reason die or need to go behind, a holy paladin goes ahead and soaks the imps.

Btw the mobs that mindcontrol (can't remind their name) are immune to CC, just fyi.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:18 pm

We use 3 tanks and 2 sheeps. Sheep the mana fiend and a vindicator. 1 tank picks up the commander/whatever (mc guys) and assassins. 1 tank picks up the lifeshaper and deathshapers. 1 tank picks up the vindicator and breaks sheeps.
We don't use fear generally because... they run at 200% or something and we've feared into another pack before. Melt Armor + deathbringers sucks.

A hunter kills the imps. They blow up a few seconds after getting shot so they do no damage generally.

MC Guys > lifeshaper > assassins > vindicator > sheeps > deathbringers. The latter not always in that order.
Elsie

Postby Afraithe » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:48 am

You can outrange the MC, just run away 10-15 yards when mob starts to cast.
Afraithe

Postby mogarian » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:50 am

two hours later we got through it. After multiple people suggested I go back to prot. we used the CC everything on the static packs, holy pally out front soaking imps and hoping the warrior/druid were quick enough to pickup the runners before they destroyed healers.
mogarian

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:02 am

hoping the warrior/druid were quick enough to pickup the runners before they destroyed healers.

Same for paladins. Any tank has to position themselves right to where the runner runs past them and you get off a taunt. We're actually a bit troublesome because on the last pack the deathbringers have a tendency to target tanks. I love taunting a vindicator across the raid unintentionally.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Stoneclaw totems will take a couple of imps in a pinch ;)
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby inthedrops » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 pm

f%^k vindicator's.

That's all I wanted to contribute here. Although come to think of it I haven't died to one in a while.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Return to Sunwell Plateau