Remove Advertisements

Inflation and gold in Wotlk.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mortehl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 am

Average gold from quests while leveling: 5g
Average gold from quests while grinding post 77: 18G
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 am

I think I'll probably stop questing when I hit 77 until they raise the cap, and just mine a lot to push smithing up.

Kelaan wrote:
Cold weather flying is free (from a quest), but passenger mounts are probably crazy expensive, I wonder how they will work.

Hot damn, awesome! Though .. they'll likely add a cost later once it's not beta...

I doubt it. They said they weren't planning on making it cost anything, just wanted to keep people grounded for their first quest zones in Northrend. From the looks of it Storm Peaks will probably be 2/3 fly-only or at least extremely hard to get around without flying.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Andox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 am

PsiVen wrote:I think I'll probably stop questing when I hit 77 until they raise the cap, and just mine a lot to push smithing up.

Kelaan wrote:
Cold weather flying is free (from a quest), but passenger mounts are probably crazy expensive, I wonder how they will work.

Hot damn, awesome! Though .. they'll likely add a cost later once it's not beta...

I doubt it. They said they weren't planning on making it cost anything, just wanted to keep people grounded for their first quest zones in Northrend. From the looks of it Storm Peaks will probably be 2/3 fly-only or at least extremely hard to get around without flying.

I jsut looked on some screens from that zone, god, nice work. Will be very very difficult to use the normal mount there, maybe with some cleaver DS jumps, but you can´t access the whole zone like that =/ Btw, what is it in the big round hole in the middle of the zone that I saw on a screen?
Andox

Postby Sinnegorth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 pm

So far the quests in the starting area pay about 4-5g and about 15000 exp (Some 20k)
Sinnegorth

Postby Andox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:27 pm

Sinnegorth wrote:So far the quests in the starting area pay about 4-5g and about 15000 exp (Some 20k)

Is it possible to only level in, let´s say, one "side" of Northrend? Or will you be forced to use the same zone on higher levels, let´s say 74-75. The problem will be that if you quest on one side, but you need a good tanking item that is rewarded for a quest on the otehr side. Then you have to do the entire chain in that zone and possible some other prequests aswell. Na, I don´t really like thsi system. The TBC one was better. Straight lvling, around 2 lvls in each zone with all quests completed.
Andox

Postby kurros » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:03 am

Just curious, anyone tried doing TBC daily quests with the level cap raised? I assume that will give mostly xp instead of gold, but I am not in the beta to test it myself.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Witchaven » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:55 pm

You do get XP for doing Daily quests.
Witchaven

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:15 pm

I tested this myself and though the exact number eludes me, I think it was about 9k xp per daily. Not bad, certainly a drop in the bucket compared to northrend quests however.

Only thing I may suggest if anyone were so inclined is to have 25 dailies just sitting completed and turn them in on day 1 of Wrath but that's really not that necessary.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Previous

Return to WotLK