Remove Advertisements

Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 am

We need a +reputation button !
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 am

Worldie wrote:We need a +reputation button !
<3 We all have our moments.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Start out first and get a nice BIG BIG THREAT lead. Get about 10 debuffs and bubble out of it, or you get disorented/dazed/knockbacked enough to where the other tank will get it no matter what. However if you get disoriented and the other tanks don't out aggro you he'll go back to you.

If you want to save your bubble, just BoP yourself. On a side note I pop wings in beginning to get massive threat lead. And after a minute i'm ready for someone to take it over so it works out well.

Then you just rotate it from there if one of the other tanks gets to many you can BoP him. Ask for Misdirects, tanking is ez on that fight, keeping the fel rage person is hard for retards.

You should always go first, they can seriously heal you with like 20 debuffs on you unless your like undergeared or they are mentally challenged. and if you have 20 debuffs on you during fel rage, just hit your divine shield ... We rolled paladin for reasons.We're better than warriors.
Lowgrus

Postby Enkal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:32 am

New guild, same bloodboil, same problems: fel rage, bloodboil movement etc. :roll: Two raids wasted on this boss now lol.

Some healers are a bit undergeared though.
Enkal

Postby Davalin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:33 am

Hello fellow Tankadins (my first post so I thought I better say hello)

We have killed bloodboil before, but we had some serious issues last night and couldnt down him. and the times when the BB rotations actually were going ok our main problem was threat.

I sit quite happily generating around the 800-1k mark when trying to regain threat, but once i gain it, all I can do is stand therw without doing anything at all (no mlee hit, consecrate or anything) except keeping up holy shield for uncrushability. The problem is, even when doing that i am generating around 400tps. This is a problem as our two much better geared main tanks (Druid/warrior) cannot produce much more threat than that themselves. So i end up keeping him on me for ages.

I have tried everything I can to lower my threat, including popping the moroes trinket anytime i have BB on me, to increase my dodge rather than my chance ot block. getting rid of my sanctuary buff, i never use retribution aura anymore as i dont ever need it. I know I take a lot of dmg, due to having huge BB stacks sometimes, but looking at combat logs im not getting hit any harder than the warrior is tbh.

Any suggestions for what I can do?

here is a link to my gear, if that will help in some way http://kilrogg-eu.warcrafter.net/Davalin
Davalin

Postby Enkal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 am

Do you downrank HS? I usually switch to rank 1 HS when I just want to maintain uncrushability.
Enkal

Postby Davalin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:19 am

I didn't, will do that next time, thanks for the advice
Davalin

Postby twinkfist » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 am

are most causes of wipes on bloodboil due to fel enrage killing and then him smoking the tanks?

cause that happened a few times on our first try at him...also, my guild is hit or miss. sometimes we one shot bosses on progression kills, (like gorefiend), and then we can't get bloodboil under 70% because people lose their mind.

also, we've read bosskillers for their positioning strats in the hallway...are there any other ways to do him that are easier? or is that just the only way to do that encounter?.
twinkfist

Postby inthedrops » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 am

twinkfist wrote:are most causes of wipes on bloodboil due to fel enrage killing and then him smoking the tanks?

yep, the tank doesn't necessarily have to die though for it to end up being the cause of a wipe.

twinkfist wrote:also, we've read bosskillers for their positioning strats in the hallway...are there any other ways to do him that are easier? or is that just the only way to do that encounter?.

We use the waterfalls for positioning. And I like that much better. Doing it in the hallway feels cramped due to camera angles.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 am

do you mean the waterfalls at the top of the ramp or in the room with bloodboil? and are the tanks in the waterfalls? or just their backs to the waterfalls.
twinkfist

Postby inthedrops » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 am

twinkfist wrote:do you mean the waterfalls at the top of the ramp or in the room with bloodboil? and are the tanks in the waterfalls? or just their backs to the waterfalls.

I mean the waterfalls in BB's room. The first BB group goes into the left waterfall on the pull and the tank grabs BB and takes him to the right waterfall with his back all the way against it.

Edit: You can't really get "IN" the waterfall. It's just like any other wall in the game except it happens to look like water :) So yeah, put your back against it as the tank. The bloodboil groups pretty much do the same. The "safe" line as it were is the edge of the water line. Find a screenshot of the room and you'll see what I mean.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:50 am

ty very much for the information. i will pass it along.
twinkfist

Postby twinkfist » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am

inthedrops, just wanted to say thanks again for the tip. even though our guild didn't down him, we got him to 11% due to the advice. thanks again.
twinkfist

Postby skank » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Heres How we did it. I went in and started out doing my normal rotation and my threat goes crazy. At about 20-30k threat i just pop my holy sheld and do nothing else. I let him beat on me until I had 15 stacks and make sure next tank is second in agro then I bubble. You should lose all debuffs and once you unbubble he will come back to you. If your warriors can not catch up to you by not attacking and just hitting holy shield by then they have serious threat issues. I keep tanking it till i got another 10 stack on me(all the while not attacking just popping holy shield) by the the warriors have caught up.If not i bop myself and he turns to them they are usually close enough they can pick him up. I just sit back and let the dots wear off and the other 2 warriors alternate tanking him after that since the fights about over.

I am wondering if you got DI if you would start clean. If so A pally could use this roatation and tank him the whole time assuming you had druids to battle rez the pallies that DI you.

fight to 15 ticks bubble, fight to 15 ticks get DI,fight to 15 ticks, bubble (it will be back up), and finish him off.
skank

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:04 am

That uses the assumption he doesn't stun / knockback the paladin. I'm also quite sure that DI wipes aggro.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple