Improved Judgements

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Improved Judgements

Postby honorshammer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:14 am

I currently have Improved Judgements in my build, however, after 2.1 I'm considering dropping Improved Judgements and getting Divine Intellect. (I'll have to take 3 points out of something in Prot).

The main reason for this is mana consumption. Judging (and resealing) every 8 seconds, I'll burn more mana than I would every 10, plus Divine Intellect will give me more mana to start with.

Something along the lines of this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVhZVMtIx0dgzgoV0x

(Points in Spiritual Focus because I do PVP from time to time with my guild, and without it, something as simple as a hunter pet makes my heals take far too long to be effective.)
honorshammer

Postby Arcand » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:05 am

Looking at the numbers from my Paladin Threat thread, losing 20% of your judgement damage isn't going to break you on bosses or anything.

However in 5-mans, where you're breaking CCs one at a time and the DPS isn't waiting much before they start burning your target, JoR is the big stick you use to get things onto you...and if a CC breaks, JoR is your go-to measure for getting the situation under control.

If you don't 5-man PuG much, I'll bet jumping IJ will go fine. I PuG heroics every night if I can manage it, and I wouldn't give up IJ for all the tea in China.
Arcand

Postby Alixander » Tue May 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Kinda bringing a thread back from the dead (may not be the best move for one of my first posts...), another thought I've had about this is that when you have IJ, eventually you will have some overlap on Holy Shield and Judgements, meaning there will be a few seconds where you're only doing one, and the other has to wait. By having both at 10 seconds you can use Holy Shield before the mob arrives, grab it's attention with Avenger's Shield (or some trinket if you don't like AS), then Judge the mob and keep a HS > Judgement cycle going with no overlap problems.
Alixander

Postby Fridmarr » Tue May 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Alixander wrote:Kinda bringing a thread back from the dead (may not be the best move for one of my first posts...), another thought I've had about this is that when you have IJ, eventually you will have some overlap on Holy Shield and Judgements, meaning there will be a few seconds where you're only doing one, and the other has to wait. By having both at 10 seconds you can use Holy Shield before the mob arrives, grab it's attention with Avenger's Shield (or some trinket if you don't like AS), then Judge the mob and keep a HS > Judgement cycle going with no overlap problems.

Judgement is neither effected by nor causes a global cooldown so you can do either of the following sequences to avoid making a cooldown wait.

Judge + Holy Shield + GCD + Seal
or
Holy Shield + Judge + Rest of GCD + Seal

So your seal may have to wait, but the CDs for your judgement and holy shield can keep going.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sultan » Wed May 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Arcand wrote:I wouldn't give up IJ for all the tea in China.

That's a lot of tea!! :lol:
Sultan (Blood Elf Paladin)
Silver Hand
Sultan

Return to Basic Training & Talents