Inflation and gold in Wotlk.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Inflation and gold in Wotlk.

Postby Sechs » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 am

So how is the inflation looking in wotlk?
How much do the higher lvl quest gives in gold?
How much do it cost to repair the gear and what other things that could influence the value of gold.

If this been well documented in another thread feel free to point me in the right direction did some searching around but couldn't find anything.

....muurrggg i want beta key :(
Sechs

Postby Bobness » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 am

So far I haven't noticed a big leap in Gold from Quest Rewards....

I went to the Terrace at BT to test out my new Prot spec & noticed however that average xp per mob was about 1k Compared to 1.7k in Northrend.
Bobness

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:27 am

Isn't that tthe penalty they apply to doing old content past it's level? I've heard it a couple times but got 0 confirmation.

All I Can say, sechs, is that herbs' prices will inflate like mad.
And probably ore.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Neara » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:25 am

The Demon Hunter Supplicants always gave fewer Exp .. Tried them with 69 to lvl to 70 and they gave half the Exp other mobs gave me.
Neara

Postby Melathys » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 am

i'm leveling alts with herbalism. with inscription using herbs, they are going to sky rocket...the whole range of them, from peacebloom to whatever the new wotlk herbs are.
Melathys

Postby Kinrain » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 am

I think there will be a lot of inflation on ores/bars as there will be rather a lot of people starting up Blacksmithing.

But the biggest blitz on prices will be on low to mid level herbs. Only a few classes need Blacksmithing items to any great degree. BUT every single player will want inscriptions for every one of their characters.

Thats a gold rush boom industry if ever I saw one.

There'll be a lot of new Inscriptors levelling up, all at the same time and demand for those herbs will be insane. They'll also be competing with Alchemists for some of the same mats so that will also drive the prices up on the higher level herbs too.
Kinrain

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:32 am

Melathys wrote:i'm leveling alts with herbalism. with inscription using herbs, they are going to sky rocket...the whole range of them, from peacebloom to whatever the new wotlk herbs are.
Yup. I've leveled 3 herbalists since inscription's base gathering aws announced LOL.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:46 am

Talking about inscription, there's any news yet if there will be some crafter only stuff like ring's enchants or the new BS sockets?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby honorshammer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:50 am

degre wrote:Talking about inscription, there's any news yet if there will be some crafter only stuff like ring's enchants or the new BS sockets?

They get an extra Inscription
honorshammer

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 am

An extra glyph*

ALso there will be some temporary enchants, I think. The warding thingie resembles the blacksmith version and the high level versions might or not be handy.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sechs » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:19 am

I see.

Thingy to remember tho is that quest give less gold when you are lvling. so if quest at say lvl 75 give like 20g while you are lvling it will give about 30-35g when you hit 80. Not sure about the numbers but its substantially more if not changed in wotlk from how it works now which i find unlikely.

About herbs yeah been thinking of that to, as if the inflation gets really high i will have to invest alot of my gold to something that will sell good like thorium ore did at the start of tbc.
Only problem is i have no idea what a good price on low lvl herbs are right now x_X
Sechs

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:42 am

Thorium ore is still obscenely expensive. Urgh.

My paladin on beta is up about 2k at 76 from questing, without any conscious effort to make gold. I think we can expect that everyone and their alt will have an epic flyer with minimal effort by 80. Cold weather flying is free (from a quest), but passenger mounts are probably crazy expensive, I wonder how they will work.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 am

I think it's going to vary by server.

EVERYONE is saying herbs, so much so that I see a glut in that market. Ore will be good, but...

The new primals will be king. And the new leathers.

At least on my server, engineering is still the fastest money maker. 35-40G for primal air, followed by 5-6G for thick clefthoof. So a skinner/engineer does really well.

Sure demand on herbs will be up, but, if you are fighting with a bunch of others for those nodes, are you really making money faster?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 am

I did notice that enchanting+jewelcrafting training+patterns right off the zeppelin cost me about 500g. There were a LOT of jewelcrafting patterns though.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am

PsiVen wrote:Thorium ore is still obscenely expensive. Urgh.

... and Icould NEVER sell it back when I tried to mine it. :( the volume is just so low that if one pther person posts a couple stacks cheaper than you, you're likely to lose the deposit. Or, that's what it seemed like to me. That said ... perhaps stockpiling it while I can wouldn't be so bad. :)

I have some lowbie herbalists, but they're all level ~20. I'm contemplating dropping enchanting (aww, bye semi-lucrative-if-I-could-go-faster Stratholme runs!) so I can use Crusader aura to travel while farming that much faster. Good idea/bad idea? Even with druid +30% kitty form, it just doesn't seem to be good for low-level herbalism :(

Cold weather flying is free (from a quest), but passenger mounts are probably crazy expensive, I wonder how they will work.

Hot damn, awesome! Though .. they'll likely add a cost later once it's not beta...
Kelaan

Next

Return to WotLK