Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 am

Worldie wrote:Tsk, try tanking with full SWP avoidance-gemmed gear in MH-BT, i have to ask for shadow priest group nowadays ^^
I wish I could say i'd get to it, but I won't.
College > WoW now that I am actually in a college I like.

I cringe in agony every time a M'uru attempt fails and a tank is to blame(they use 2 warriors, a paladin and a druid tank... it's freakish)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:17 am

Assuming they're not using the seethe taunt thing, If there's a guild that's already clearing BT and whose DPS doesn't get threat capped during phase 3 then I am surprised.

I just ran this last night with 915 spell damage not including trinkets, pots, totems. I took a fraps of it just to see how things compare to what I read about for others on this thread. Now, I'm not perfect when it comes to threat generation and keeping my rotations up but I'm not horrible either.

I went out of range of the WoA totem during phase 3 or the shaman yanked it for something else or forgot to put it back up. So I was without the totem for P3. But here's how phase 3 looked for me:

Countdown starts at 0:00 as soon as he is targetable.
0:00 - Shield toss, HS, turn him around and consecrate.
0:19 - Wings, Destruction Potion, Hex Trinket, I call out to blow cooldowns. (1246 spell damage while wings is up)
0:49 - A DPS has just surpassed me on the threat meter (one of our two best mages) and RoS is at 36% health. There are others close behind.
1:05 - RoS is dead.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Juugimus wrote:Yeah, I know Wrath of Air is awesome. We're trying to speed through BT and phase 3 lasts about 30 - 45 seconds. It's farm content so I don't get too crazy maximizing everything. And our DPS isn't threat capped.

Again, not trying to defend windfury over WoA. Just saying it's over so fast I don't think about it, but I'll ask the shaman to drop it from now on.

I'm not quite sure, but I think we could get benefits of two air totems at the same time. Our DW shaman always use his GCD to switch between grace of air and windfury and (according to him) we could get both benefits. Maybe WoA and WF works in the same way?
superworm

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Windfury totem puts a 9 sec buff on your weapon, so you can get both WF and WoA.

On my shaman I use

/castsequence reset=8 windfury totem, grace of air totem, break

to totem twist

WF won't apply if you have wizard oil (or any other enchant/poison/effect) applied to your weapon.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Going in to this for the first time this week, trying to figure out a gear set atm. My main focus will be on p3, I'll probably get the warrior tanking p2 to do the bulk of the work in p1, though being able to take a few fixates will make life easier. I'm just wondering how much pure avoidance I ought to risk ditching - i.e. how hard does EoA hit? Most of the responses in the thread suggest that survivability isn't that much of a concern but threat is.

Would:

16k unbuffed hp / 17.6k unbuffed armor
502 unbuffed spd (with the icon use ability available)
54.1% pure avoidance (unbuffed)
418 BV

be sufficiently survivable?

My "standard hard hitter" set has 800 more hp, 800 more armor, and 6% more pure avoidance (if still using icon rather than pocketwatch) but 68 less spelldamage and only 243 BV.

Or I could gear further towards being useful in p1 with:

15k unbuffed hp / 16.6k unbuffed armor
535 unbuffed spd (still with icon)
47.7% pure avoidance (unbuffed)
585 BV

A bit worried that might leave me a bit squishy for p3 though.

I can expect to have at least wrath of air, as well as weapon oil and blinding light for threat buffs, and imp, kings, motw, fortitude, CS and my own devo for survivability buffs.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Tbh screw p1, screw avoidance, go for threat.

Melee hits from Essence of Anger are very low, 6k normal hits iirc. I even get critted occasionally to get more mana.

Actually, you want as less avoidance as possible. More than 2 avoided hits between each scream means you'll not have enough mana for a full rotation.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:34 pm

I just went checking my old first kill video.

Indeed melees from 4500 to 6200 top. You can tank it naked if you want.

Here if you want a idea
http://files.filefront.com/GC+vs+Reliqu ... einfo.html

Yes the quality sucks

Yes Nightwish sucks

Yes i was using model editing back then

Yes full T5 is OP for that fight
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Squishy it is then, thanks :D
Rhiannon

Postby Dem » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:31 am

We had our guild first kill of RoS yesterday. Getting phase 2 sorted took all the time.
Three shots at phase 3. First warrior tank, wiped at 50%. Second I tanked, warrior (hit the wrong button :shock: ) taunted from behind nuking melee, wipe at 4%.
Third, an easy kill.
SD Flask and food, shield pull, turn RoS, blow wings and Crimson Serpent, DPS starts after a few seconds.

Had a couple of pops at Shahraz, 50% best try but it was very late. T6 shoulders next week :D
Dem

Previous

Return to Black Temple