Remove Advertisements

Best Threat on Prince

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Louranthas » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:57 am

Prince judgements for me were entirely a matter of gear. When I was "just barely"(read uncrushable with 11k hp unbuffed) geared for the fight, I would use crusader due to the fact I would get healed enough to keep my mana pool high. Now that I am overgeared for the fight(read no more need for any kara drops), I very quickly run out of mana on phase one without wisdom up.

I make liberal use of avenging wrath, not during the shield pull on prince, but rather once I have him in place I pop AV, then hit him with exorcism, concecration, and judge vengence with 5 stacks. You get about three pops of each per avenging wrath.

My threat on Prince near the ned of the fight is usally near 400k, and I suspect if I could use crusader again it'd be nearer to 500k. Needless to say, my DPS congratulates me every run about them never having to hold back.
Louranthas

Postby kvark » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:44 pm

I tanked prince the other day actually. Our mage CL was stunned over how sick agro I kept.

All I did was to judge wisdom and used my suneater with SoB. Holy shield all the times, exorsism and max conc every 15-20 seconds. Never ran out of mana and my agro was FAR superiour to even the second on the agro meter.

Did the same on nightbane - also works fine there, but have yet to successfully tank NB.
kvark

Postby Nerissa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:00 am

Crusader + Wings for the initial aggro rocket.

Wisdom for the rest of the fight. After the initial aggro rocket only our resident fire mage comes close to touching my threat.
Nerissa

Postby Agravaine » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:09 am

I an initial JoR, consecration then judge crusader when I can. Once that's all set up, I'll do a winged mana dump.

At phase two I'll judge wisdom, since Holy Shield is a crap ton of threat when he's swinging so fast.
Agravaine

Postby Everlight » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 pm

I went Crusader from phase 1 through to the end. In hindsight, I didn't need to, I was a long way ahead of everyone, but I really wanted to lift the lid on the threat cap, since we were running with 2.5 healers. I also did a winged mana dump near the end of Phase 1, since I knew damage input in Phase 2 would fill me up fast.

Next time around, I think I'll use Crusader for Phase 1 to consolidate threat, then swap to Wisdom in Phase 2 when he's eating Holy Shield, so the DPS casters can regen a bit for the last part of the race.

Course, if this Sanctified Crusader change comes around, I'll be respeccing to 3/3 in that, and leaving Crusader on him all fight regardless.
Everlight

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations