The Eye - Kael'Thas Sunstrider

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ills » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:35 am

Do you have any idea how silly this fight sounds to someone who is totally unfamiliar it? :lol:
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Cakes » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:15 am

Thanks Lore. Judging from what I've seen in a lot of videos, dps on weapons/advisors is less important than the control the raid exerts on the fight. Looking at kills like For the Horde's first kill, their dps is less than stellar, but it was still a kill because they had an amazing amount of group coordination and control of the fight.
Cakes

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 am

Getting weapons down quickly is very important as well, the faster stuff dies the less you've got going on at once.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Kvaern » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:08 am

How does a paladin MT deal with the pyroblasts?

Warriors got shieldwall, LS and raw stamina + fire protection potion which makes them able to eat at least 3 pyroblasts and live to tell about it.

Paladins got one divineshield.

Did I miss something?
Kvaern

Postby Cakes » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:14 am

Kvaern wrote:How does a paladin MT deal with the pyroblasts?

Warriors got shieldwall, LS and raw stamina + fire protection potion which makes them able to eat at least 3 pyroblasts and live to tell about it.

Did I miss something?

/shrug Just one fight I'm not really planning on MTing until we have it down to a science.
Cakes

Postby Lore » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:44 am

Did I miss something?

Hope your DPS can burn it down quick enough.

Honestly the 2nd Pyroblast should always be interrupted. The first pyroblast the shield will eat.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Kvaern » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:05 pm

Lore wrote:

Did I miss something?

Hope your DPS can burn it down quick enough.

Honestly the 2nd Pyroblast should always be interrupted. The first pyroblast the shield will eat.

The people on my server who's done KT (horde, no alliance guild has taken him yet) claims the tank will eat pyroblasts beyond those the shield takes care of.
Kvaern

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:36 pm

The tank should NEVER eat a 3rd pyroblast, but sometimes eating #2 is unavoidable because of phoenix egg timing. Fire pot and PW:S should leave you with plenty of room as long as you have 18.5k+ HP, and it should never happen more than once every pot timer. And there's always DS.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Cakes » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Kvaern wrote:The people on my server who's done KT (horde, no alliance guild has taken him yet) claims the tank will eat pyroblasts beyond those the shield takes care of.

That's because the buff from the shield only lasts 4 seconds and the pyroblast cast is 4 seconds. So you can eat one blast with the shield, but not another. And yes, warriors do have some neat tricks for this fight, but that's not to say that a pally can't tank him. Your dps just has to be on the ball and burn through 80k in 7 seconds. According to guilds that have done him, it's not terribly hard given the weapons that you have for this fight. For our learning fights, I fully plan to have a warrior tanking him, but if we continue to kill him past when we have to, I might give it a shot.
Cakes

Postby Daeren » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Phase 1 seems much simpler than for example taking all the adds in one go.
Daeren

Postby Cakes » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Daeren wrote:Phase 1 seems much simpler than for example taking all the adds in one go.

As far as I can tell, Phase 1 of Kael is similar to Phase 1 of Vashj. It's there to lure you into a false sense of security about how well you're doing on the fight :P
Cakes

Postby Lore » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:58 pm

We have never killed him on an attempt in which the tank had to eat a second pyroblast. It's not hard to time the phoenixes to burn down his shield quickly :P If the phoenix is going to die on its own before the shield comes up, we have ranged DPS nuke it down quickly and take out the egg. Otherwise, they stay on Kael full time, because getting him to phase 5 quickly pretty much secures the kill.

EDIT: That said, it should easily be possible for the Tankadin to survive a second if necessary with Divine Shield. You should be able to DS before the cast, and then he'll start casting the third right away (probably at someone else) which gives you time to cancel DS and start hitting him again to regain your threat. So long as he doesn't get the third one off, everything's peachy.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep