Remove Advertisements

Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:21 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:I went in with 714 spell damage buffed and still had trouble holding off my dps.
800 and sanctity aura here. Silly boomkin still managed to ride me on 128%

One of our mages overaggroed me on RoS, with 1k spelldam counting JoCr and sanctity.

250 haste is serious business...

Oh /care, Taunt and keep going :D love tauntable bosses.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fivelives » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 am

Zx wrote:Yea, seen the belt, libram, and tanking boots only once. Have yet to see a shadowmoon insignia or a torch for ret.

Did get an offspec roll on 1h sword from mother last night.

My entire guild hasn't seen a single moroes trinket drop, but every single fking time we down Naj he drops the boots.

We ran out of people that can wear plate awhile back and have been DEing them.
Fivelives

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Fivelives wrote:
Zx wrote:Yea, seen the belt, libram, and tanking boots only once. Have yet to see a shadowmoon insignia or a torch for ret.

My entire guild hasn't seen a single moroes trinket drop, but every single fking time we down Naj he drops the boots.

Your guild better sell me their RNG or die in a fire.

A green, warlock fire.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fivelives » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Fivelives wrote:

Your guild better sell me their RNG or die in a fire.

A green, warlock fire.

Our DPS warriors have been wearing them around shatt just to piss tankadins off. Hilarity ensues when they post all the 'omg nubz tahtz pally gearz!!!' tells they get in /gchat

I'll trade you tide-stomper's for moroes pocketwatch. Deal?
Fivelives

Postby iliya » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:You can do it, but you should not need that.
This.

Without seethe, just asking for 3~ seconds(the time to turn it and start a real threat cycle), and at 500 spell damage against people that farm bt for a while, I managed to not threat cap the warlocks until the very last 2 or 3 ticks of Aura of Anger.
We don't need seethe.

I do, unfortunately, since my attempts to get seethe to work have failed. Letting the warrior get initial aggro, then me taunting off of him, I still don't get seethe.

yes, we don't really *need* it, but I sure wouldn't turn it away.
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby honorshammer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:45 am

iliya wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:You can do it, but you should not need that.
This.

Without seethe, just asking for 3~ seconds(the time to turn it and start a real threat cycle), and at 500 spell damage against people that farm bt for a while, I managed to not threat cap the warlocks until the very last 2 or 3 ticks of Aura of Anger.
We don't need seethe.

I do, unfortunately, since my attempts to get seethe to work have failed. Letting the warrior get initial aggro, then me taunting off of him, I still don't get seethe.

yes, we don't really *need* it, but I sure wouldn't turn it away.

We've killed RoS twice now with me Main Tanking Phase 3. We don't use Seethe. Once I get him into position, I rock a bunch of cooldowns and we kill him.

Our second ever kill was a one shot.
honorshammer

Postby Juugimus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:12 pm

I tank Phase 3 for my guild. I don't bother turning him. I have the raid run over to the side after the adds are dead.

I throw my shield as soon as he spawns then start my threat cycle. Sometimes I get a ret pally in my group but I don't need it. I do have a resto shaman in my group. Windfury helps. I also have reckoning.

At 75% We pop heroism. I also pop my trinket and wings at that point. Someone else in my group pops drums. This week with everything popped (no ret pally in my group though) and reckoning up and RoS aura I was spiking up to 5K TPS with 3500 to 4K sustained for that short time. The boss is dead a few seconds after heroism is over.

We have decent DPS. We haven't gotten to Brut yet but the last two weeks on Teron we've averaged 27k DPS so it takes some works staying in front of the DPS.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Maat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 pm

I think out of the ten or so times we've killed Shahraz, we've seen 2 of the necklace, 1 breastplate... and librams every goddamn other time. The rest of BT has thankfully been a pretty even distribution of drops considering our relatively short time in there, I suppose.

Except for these #@%*ing Protector tokens. I am so fed up with 3x Protector token drops.

I offtanked most of BT this week (inc P3 RoS) to let our usual protadin raid with an alt, and I have no idea how you manage to hold threat with less than 600 spell damage. I was at ~700 with a fort flask with a destro pot popped with wings for the pull, had pretty decent mp income for max threat rotation(yay 2-set bonus), and someone still pulled aggro near 10%ish.

All I can think of is that I should have had a holy drop crusader on it for the first judgement rotation :/
Maat

Postby Juugimus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 pm

I use a flask of blinding light on that fight and use a bit more spell damage gear.

I would have your DPS wait a second then pop your wings and trinkets about 25 percent in. You will have taken some ticks of the aura so you'll get more out of your cooldowns.

P.S.

Mother won't drop the Libram but is very generous with the blade of savagry. Both of our rogues got one, a fury warrior, I got one for WotLK, and a warlock has one for his Ironforge set.

No librams though...

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 am

Juugimus wrote:I tank Phase 3 for my guild. I don't bother turning him. I have the raid run over to the side after the adds are dead.

I throw my shield as soon as he spawns then start my threat cycle. Sometimes I get a ret pally in my group but I don't need it. I do have a resto shaman in my group. Windfury helps. I also have reckoning.

Wouldn't Wrath of Air be superior to Windfury for your TPS. You would have to leave off your Superior Wizard Oil for Windfury as well.
honorshammer

Postby Juugimus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 am

The resto shaman drops it for the warrior tanking phase 2. Phase 3 is so short that I don't ask him to switch totems.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 am

Juugimus wrote:The resto shaman drops it for the warrior tanking phase 2. Phase 3 is so short that I don't ask him to switch totems.
You should. He'll burn one gcd to give you another 60-ish tps. This scales upwards really high, it's like popping another trinket.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Juugimus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:12 am

Yeah, I know Wrath of Air is awesome. We're trying to speed through BT and phase 3 lasts about 30 - 45 seconds. It's farm content so I don't get too crazy maximizing everything. And our DPS isn't threat capped.

Again, not trying to defend windfury over WoA. Just saying it's over so fast I don't think about it, but I'll ask the shaman to drop it from now on.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 am

Juugimus wrote:Yeah, I know Wrath of Air is awesome. We're trying to speed through BT and phase 3 lasts about 30 - 45 seconds. It's farm content so I don't get too crazy maximizing everything. And our DPS isn't threat capped.

Again, not trying to defend windfury over WoA. Just saying it's over so fast I don't think about it, but I'll ask the shaman to drop it from now on.

What scares me in your statement is that your dpsers aren't threat capped.
I have yet to NOT cap my dpsers on farm content =( Stupid swp gear.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:00 am

Tsk, try tanking with full SWP avoidance-gemmed gear in MH-BT, i have to ask for shadow priest group nowadays ^^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple