Remove Advertisements

Tanking Prince - Am I ready?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking Prince - Am I ready?

Postby Tanks-PL » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:45 am

I have 12K+ Health unbuffed, flasked and buffed goes to 15K+. Uncrushable, uncritable, 16K armor.

Tanked all of the bosses in Kara except Ilhoof, Beast( never bother), and Prince.

Usually we clear Kara in two 3 hour sessions switching people in and out based on loot needs, so our healers are experienced in healing Prince on our Tauren warrior tank (20K health buffed) who is the Hurtful strike tank for gruul.

Now, I have had a conversation about tanking Prince and they will let me try it.

Gearwise I do have the King's Defender to pull out during Phase 2 (still need to figure out the enchant to put on it).

Am I ready or should I wait for a few more upgrades?

I am next in line to get the T4 shoulders if it drops this week, a week away from Aldor exalted enchant and 5 heroic clears from the badge helm.
Last edited by Tanks-PL on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanks-PL

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 am

Yeah go for it, I don't even switch weapons just keep Holy Shield up you should be fine.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby adese » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 am

Yeah, definitely - you should be fine tanking Prince with those stats. I think I had less health and armor the first time that I tanked him.

I wouldn't worry about switching out King's Defender for Phase 2, but you can if you want to. You only get extra avoidance from the Defense, which isn't all that much really.
adese

Postby Tanks-PL » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Prince down on second try, bad infernal placement the first time.

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=wszkp4vd6ivua

Got crushed twice, once in Phase 1, and once in Phase 3 either lag or a bit late in hitting the HS button. Used Moroes watch during phase 2, and switched to Sundeater as well for a bit extra mitigation.

Thanks for advice.
Tanks-PL

Return to Karazhan