How much is my fair share of Nalorakk's Brutal Swipe?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How much is my fair share of Nalorakk's Brutal Swipe?

Postby solina » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 am

Tanked Nalorakk last night with a Feral Druid as 2nd. Brutal Swipes always seemed to hit me for ~11k. Is that my fair share, or did we have some hitbox weirdness?
solina

Postby Eaglestrike » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:42 am

I never really notice the swipes on Nalorakk, so I'm going to go ahead and say you were taking the whole thing.
Eaglestrike

Postby Voxe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 am

ye, you've definately been taking the whole thing there.

What usually helps on this is for you and the other tank to move back slightly, causing him to reposition.

Have the other tank be ON TOP of you.
Voxe

Postby Makaijin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 am

I doubt he's taking the whole damage if he's taking 11k a hit. In full T6 I still take 17k damage for the whole hit, and just over 8k when shared.

Edit: The OP had some wording weirdness. Depending on how you read it, it could either mean "I tanked him, [another] druid as 2nd", or "I tanked him [on my druid] as 2nd". If you meant you as the druid then yea 11k means your taking the full hit.
Makaijin

Postby Katerina » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:27 am

It is really easy not to be lined up properly. It isn't as difficult with a warrior/pally co-tank, but bears have weird hit boxes. When I am having issues with it I slap a raid marker on both of us, position my camera to look down, and line us up (I find that the star and diamond work well for this because they are both pointy at the top and about the same size.)
Katerina

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:25 pm

When my bear and I hit him up yesterday, my bear OT would have been humping my ass had he stood up on his hind legs.

That worked great for us (previous attempt had some weird hitbox issue where poor Cubby took two whole swipes and was dead, and I was still in front of Nalorakk, still hitting, but some how not getting swiped).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:17 pm

17k is the brutal slash from Halazzi, 11k is the brutal swipe from Nalorakk (without splitting it)

So you were taking full hits. It varies between 5-6k if you are dual tanking nalorakk and the other tank is standing ontop of you.
Seloei

Return to Zul'aman