Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cakes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:30 pm

I'll try and fraps ours next week. We have this fraps related curse in that whenever I turn on fraps and tell no one, everyone mysteriously sucks really badly. Turn it off, and everyone does fine.
Cakes

Postby Elsie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:25 pm

There's four videos (including PsiVen's) in the m'uru side tank guide thread if that helps.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Did anyone get to tank Entropius yet? Me need info on what kind of gear you need for him.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Normal tank gear with a slant toward threat. You have to kill him really fast so the more threat the better.

Stack yo spell damage / expertise / hit.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:59 pm

That i knew already. I'm more interested in melee hits on a full T6 paladin if any have tanked him yet, or t6 war since they should be similar anyway.

Considering i'll be tanking side and entropius i need to be able to tank effectively both, and i'm really leaning toward avoidance + spelldam trinket.
I'm quite known for the stupid threat i can pump out in those 20 seconds of AW.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:35 pm

He does an average hit of 7503 to a warrior. Ends up 90-100k damage by the time he dies I'd guess.
Elsie

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:10 am

I'd say about the same for the short time I tanked him. 7-8k melee hits, every 2 seconds or so. You won't be mana starved, that's for sure.
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:03 am

Good.

I'd guess i'll go for a threat heavy set then while keeping 65%+ avoidance.

Will let you know as soon as we get to p2 :)

Cakes did you intentionally tank it or it was just a case? I'm trying to find out the optimal gear setup so i could use some advice on this, plus like, if i should use Ironshields, or rather go for Destru pot.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vaze » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:40 am

Ryuusuke wrote:
inthedrops wrote:
Ryuusuke wrote:the Tank needs to have 2 Sentinels up for about 3-4 seconds.

I didn't follow why this was a needed situation (although I do realize you're saying it's hopefully a rare situation). But I can't think of any reason why the tank would ever need to have two sentinals on him. This is something I'd try to change.

When darkness is up and the sentinal tank is caught on "the wrong side" DPS should still be attacking the sentinal. The DPS just can't kill it over there. They'll need to wait for darkness to end, the tank to kite it to the other side, and by then it should be almost dead. There will be plenty of time to handle it this way, it's what my guild does.

This, indeed, is a very rare occasion, it happened 2 times in longer tries...
It's just that basically i got 1 spawngroup at my side and then the sentinel spawns on the other one - ideally at the entrance - no way to pass through there. 3-5 seconds after the sentinal really spawned darkness BEGINS -> 15 seconds. The next Sentinel spawns BEFORE darkness has ended. And THIS is, where a change is needed.

I think we should go with something like

If a even sentinal spawn is about to collide with a darkness spawn - simply Seed only one group. This way i can easily walk through the sentinel tank. THOUGH the loss of DPS on the sentinel need to get compromised by a good spawn of the 3rd sentinel in this matter.

Left - Right - Left spawn would totally kill the rotation and i think we'd fall behind in DPS.
Though this is a subject to test for us. Still not everyone in our gild has gotten the best grip on the encounter.. 1-3 days and hopefully we'll see P2, soon ;)

I haven't read the entire thread (23 pages is a lot), but has anyone mentioned that it is really easy to run through darkness. If the sentinel spawns on the opposite side of the room, the sentinel tank goes to get him, and I run through the middle and meet him on the other side regardless of darkness being up or not. I can't get to the link of our first kill video (my favorite since I was the only one left alive at the end) because I'm at work now, but I can post the link later if someone wants to see it.
Vaze - 70 Paladin, Dragonmaw
Vaze

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:00 am

Worldie wrote:Cakes did you intentionally tank it or it was just a case? I'm trying to find out the optimal gear setup so i could use some advice on this, plus like, if i should use Ironshields, or rather go for Destru pot.

Little bit of both. We transitioned sort of awkwardly where my side finished their adds off before the sentinal died, so I ran in and started building threat while the sent died. I'd go ironshield over destro pot, personally. He hits hard enough in melee that you want to shave off what you can, and you'll still be taking plenty of damage. You'll see what I mean when you get to phase 2, but the less time healers spend healing you, the better off your raid is. :P

I'd say a good share of your threat is going to depend on the group you're in. I always swap myself out of my group for our Entrop MT just so he has WF, Unleashed Rage, BS, and all sorts of other goodies. I imagine you'll want to do the same for yourself. Also, I'd swap librams on the phase change, as the block value libram is extremely good for side tanking, but the threat libram is probably what you want for Entrop.

I haven't read the entire thread (23 pages is a lot), but has anyone mentioned that it is really easy to run through darkness. If the sentinel spawns on the opposite side of the room, the sentinel tank goes to get him, and I run through the middle and meet him on the other side regardless of darkness being up or not. I can't get to the link of our first kill video (my favorite since I was the only one left alive at the end) because I'm at work now, but I can post the link later if someone wants to see it.

I yell at my tanks if they do this.
Cakes

Postby Vaze » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:58 am

Cakes wrote:

I yell at my tanks if they do this.

You must lack a sense of adventure. :)

In all seriousness, the damage isn't that bad, but we have found that it really helps us get the most out of our dps. Additionally, it helps with the transition to phase 2 since you never have to wait out a darkness before blowing M'uru and the sentinel up.
Vaze

Postby Elsie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:38 am

Your warlocks are seeding too much if the damage isn't that bad.
Get a hunter. Don't wait.
Elsie

Postby Vaze » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Elsie wrote:Your warlocks are seeding too much if the damage isn't that bad.
Get a hunter. Don't wait.

I meant that the damage I take from running through the darkness isn't that bad. We do use 3 warlocks and an elemental shaman as our sentinel dps, but since the seeds hit M'uru, I'm not sure what seeding too much means. I don't know anything about warlocks though, but I assume they are seeding an appropriate amount. I do think I am missing your point about the hunter though.
Vaze

Postby valdomega » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:33 pm

I have a question for the paladins that normally spec prot for spawn tanking, in phase 2 with dps on entropius, do you try to heal or dps? I am normally 0/38/23 for the encounter with imp crus, yet I wanna get some feed back whether our dps or healing is more beneficial in p2 or if you switch from dps to healing later in p2, (arbitrarily say 40 seconds in).

My last question is if your dps do you use command or righteousness?

My guild has had several attempts right above execute range in p2, where on some attempts I was healing and others dpsing. As for our raid make up we use 6 healers with 3 spriests, so for my circumstances with the large amount of VE healing going on, I would imagine me dpsing would be more optimal than healing.
The privilege of education leads to the burden of leadership.
valdomega

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:05 am

I meant that the damage I take from running through the darkness isn't that bad. We do use 3 warlocks and an elemental shaman as our sentinel dps, but since the seeds hit M'uru, I'm not sure what seeding too much means. I don't know anything about warlocks though, but I assume they are seeding an appropriate amount. I do think I am missing your point about the hunter though.

This makes... no sense to me. Seeds (in almost every case I've seen) are off the sentinel dragged on the void spawn tank or on the void spawn off to the side. They shouldn't be hitting m'uru since sentinel / babies are not tanked on m'uru.

DPS wait for positioning and void blast to do any real damage. If you get a hunter to MD the 9th sentinel you wouldn't have to wait for anything outside the norm.

I have a question for the paladins that normally spec prot for spawn tanking, in phase 2 with dps on entropius, do you try to heal or dps? I am normally 0/38/23 for the encounter with imp crus, yet I wanna get some feed back whether our dps or healing is more beneficial in p2 or if you switch from dps to healing later in p2, (arbitrarily say 40 seconds in).

It really depends on your +healing. If you have about 900+ healing and light on the raid, healing is a pretty good option once the blood lusts wear off. That's when people start dying.

My last question is if your dps do you use command or righteousness?

If you're prot you use SoR. If you're Ret you use Command/Blood.
Elsie

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau