Shattered Halls and the last boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lookit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am

ldeboer wrote:
Rokh wrote:
Voxe wrote:
- Select add
- press 'F' for assist (effectively targetting his target)
- Taunt

Lrn2Macro

Actualy, our taunt works like warrior taunt now, all you have to do is target the mob and hit taunt... BUT

In the past, you could macro it to /cast "[target=targettarget] taunt" to work like warrior taunt..

Taunt ??? Is what he does a little walk in the park to cleave the crap out of peeps he goes back to the tank automatically.

Lrn2heroicSH

The post you're quoting is pretty clear that they are talking about taunting adds.
Lookit

Postby Voxe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 am

Sure I'd macro if that was necessary, but you can see these mobs coming from a mile away and they are SO easy to pcik up, the time you can win by using a macro just isn't important.

Using assist works great for me :)
Voxe

Postby Dendrah » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:17 am

I just keep a judgement ready for when they come near. Consecration does the rest.
Dendrah

Postby Martie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 am

I think he was talking about picking up the adds, not about trying to taunt a charging boss.

Regardles, what kind of stats should I have before trying to tackle all those adds? Mind you - not on heroic. Normals for me for a while longer.
(I hit 70 yesterday, whee.)
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Dendrah » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:25 am

10k HP, 12k armor and 40% avoidance and I run oom on him. So a bit less of everything is good.
Dendrah

Postby bressant » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm

What happened to me on the last boss :
I tanked him on top of the stairs in the middle and held all adds with consecration successfully until one of the ranged adds scatter shot me, immediately all aggro jumped to the 2nd on the threat list. The person died but so did the boss because he was at 5% when this happened. Otherwise it would have been a wipe. Has it happened to anyone else? Is there a way to avoid that?
bressant

Postby Voxe » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am

if you taunt ranged mobs of who-ever they got targetted when they are within melee range of you, they wil tend to switch over to melee attacks on you.

if you taunt them when they are at range and start shooting, temp getin melee for them to switch, then move back to your spot at the top of the stairs. If you time your consecrates right you can get their attention when they are in melee so relocating won't be needed
Voxe

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics