BM regular insufficient DPS strategy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

BM regular insufficient DPS strategy

Postby celarena » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 am

Will the following work with a pally tank and less than stellar DPS?

Get to wave 12 and kill the boss. Go to the following plan if DPS is less than 400 per person.

Wave 13 - kill elite and kill adds. At this point, wave 14's adds already starting to leak through because the consecrations are still on wave 13.
Wave 14-17 - Fall back to the shield and just AOE tank the adds. Ignore the rift keepers. Just wait for Aeonus to show up. Seal/judge wisdom to keep the mana bar full. Burn beacons periodically.
Wave 18 - Stay away from Aeonus and drink/bandage. When ready, go all-in.

I'm only 1500 rep from revered so I don't care if we wipe on 13-18 but it would be nice not to wipe.
celarena

Re: BM regular insufficient DPS strategy

Postby Jobalq » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:48 am

celarena wrote:Will the following work with a pally tank and less than stellar DPS?

Get to wave 12 and kill the boss. Go to the following plan if DPS is less than 400 per person.

Wave 13 - kill elite and kill adds. At this point, wave 14's adds already starting to leak through because the consecrations are still on wave 13.
Wave 14-17 - Fall back to the shield and just AOE tank the adds. Ignore the rift keepers. Just wait for Aeonus to show up. Seal/judge wisdom to keep the mana bar full. Burn beacons periodically.
Wave 18 - Stay away from Aeonus and drink/bandage. When ready, go all-in.

I'm only 1500 rep from revered so I don't care if we wipe on 13-18 but it would be nice not to wipe.

We usually use the beacons on the 4 waves previous to Aeonus. That will help with the adds.
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby Sederia » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:15 pm

ya, usual method i've seen is
pally tanks everything(stick one dps on escaped adds duty just in case)
waves 13 - 17 throw the beacons and dps em all down with the aid of the dragon
play whack a mole with the boss
Sederia

Postby Jobalq » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:18 pm

The main problem with this instance, since is a dps race, is to have enought time to drink and eat between waves.
If your DPS is too low since you will remain in combat untill all the mobs of that wave are down, with a new portal open and new adds coming.

So bandages and Mana Pots are a must on this instance to be ready for the last boss.

Edit: When you have a priest as healer and he/she has specced into Lightwell (Lolwell for some) its good to have one in the middle of the instance in order to heal between portal transitions with no waste of mana in combat.
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby celarena » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Jobalq wrote:
We usually use the beacons on the 4 waves previous to Aeonus. That will help with the adds.

I know the usual strategy but I need something that works with lousy DPS. Remember, the adds from wave 14 have already leaked to Medivh because wave 13 took too long to bring down. The DPS race is over and we've lost.

So after wave 13, we fall back to the shield. I use concecration on all of the adds to make up for the lousy DPS. Use beacons, JoW, bandages, and mana pots. The idea is that the non elites will stop spawning when Aeonus arrives. I guess we can't drink but at least we can use bandages and a mana pot while Aeonus slowly drains the shield.
celarena

Postby Jobalq » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:59 pm

celarena wrote:
Jobalq wrote:

I know the usual strategy but I need something that works with lousy DPS. Remember, the adds from wave 14 have already leaked to Medivh because wave 13 took too long to bring down. The DPS race is over and we've lost.

So after wave 13, we fall back to the shield. I use concecration on all of the adds to make up for the lousy DPS. Use beacons, JoW, bandages, and mana pots. The idea is that the non elites will stop spawning when Aeonus arrives. I guess we can't drink but at least we can use bandages and a mana pot while Aeonus slowly drains the shield.

I think its a good idea to focus all the mobs in one place to AOE them down but...

since this instance is a DPS race, rolling with lousy DPS is too dangerous for both you and your healer. You can use Mana Pots and bandage yourself but at some point you and/or your healer will end up with no mana to keep all your group up or you have the risk of letting the rift lords or Aeonus drop Medivh shield down.

Other option is to use your beacons at the middle of the waves so you can have some time to be more rested and with full mana take the second half of the event with less problems.
Jobalq

Postby Tyaera » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:08 pm

It seems like ignoring the rift keeprrs and just killing adds would be MORE dps intensive than killing the rift keepers, as you wouldn't get a mana break, they'd just keep pouring in from two-three open portals

ultimately if your group doesn't have the DPS to do Black Morass, don't do Black Morass
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Jobalq » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:13 am

Tyaera wrote:ultimately if your group doesn't have the DPS to do Black Morass, don't do Black Morass

This.

And if you are that close to revered you can just destroy OHB 2 times. Its way easier than BM and i think is almost as fast even with low DPS.
Jobalq

Postby celarena » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Jobalq wrote:
Tyaera wrote:ultimately if your group doesn't have the DPS to do Black Morass, don't do Black Morass

This.

And if you are that close to revered you can just destroy OHB 2 times. Its way easier than BM and i think is almost as fast even with low DPS.

LOL I ended up getting within 150 rep of revered using instances and then solo'ed the elites in OHB until I got over the finish line.
celarena

Postby Jobalq » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 am

celarena wrote:
Jobalq wrote:

This.

LOL I ended up getting within 150 rep of revered using instances and then solo'ed the elites in OHB until I got over the finish line.

Gratz on your new sword, pants and enchant!
Jobalq

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics