Remove Advertisements

Trinkets

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trinkets

Postby Parth » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Ok, well im WELL beyond being uncrushable, and i need to drop some defense. So the first place im starting are my 2 trinkets, one is the violet's eye 36 stam and arcane resist trinket and the other is debiri's enigma from a quest. I'm looking for trinkets with avoidance [dodge, parry] and stamina.

I know the vengence card is out there, but with the funds i have right now, its not possible [starting to farm for shadow resist gear now for BT and i have to carry double pots and flasks [resto and fort] depending on what they make me do in raids]

I got belt of the guardian too [or well i have the mats and vortexes, just waiting for the BS in my guild who got them to log on]

So, I could use some help in the trinket department. Could people please link me trinkets with stam and avoidance. I know the moroes trinket exists already btw :P but im looking for something i can get in 5 mans or quests and stuff.
Parth

Postby Dwarfskinner » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm working toward the darkmoon furie set myself...big stam 51 i think...and holy dmg
Dwarfskinner

Postby Skio » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:40 pm

I can't think of any trinkets with Stamina and avoidance off the top of my head. Argussian Compass, Timelapse Shard, Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet, and the Netherwing trinket have nice Stamina boosts, though.

I use Madness and Vengeance, myself.
Skio

Postby Trevize » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:10 pm

I don't think there are any trinkets with both stam and avoidance. I roll with Furies Deck and Moroes Trinket. I know you said you want something from 5 mans but outside of raids you won't find much. I will use the Auto-blocker as well. I love block value and if you are thinking in terms of "Effective Health", block value does add a decent amount.

The Netherwing Trinket would be the easiest to get and you can do all that solo (asuming you have an epic mount). And you have the Violet Badge which as has stam on it.

My question is why drop defense to pick up avoidance. You are dropping avoidance when lowering your defense. Are you thinking like 1 step backwards and 2 steps forward type thing?
Trevize

Postby Parth » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Trevize wrote:My question is why drop defense to pick up avoidance. You are dropping avoidance when lowering your defense. Are you thinking like 1 step backwards and 2 steps forward type thing?

Well, defense does add a bit to avoidance, but if i drop some defense and get PURE avoidance stats on some items, the avoidance will stack up more, and i'll still stay uncrushable. Also, I need stam to tank raid bosses, because.. well no matter how much defense you have, you dont want to get 1 hit :wink:
Parth

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Defense is avoidance; I can't really think of any situation where I would be able to drop some amount of defense for a similar amount of dodge, even if I wanted to lose all that block. Also I'm not sure how much farming you think you need for shadow resist gear, but it takes a small number of Life and Shadow primals to make the Shadesteel set which is all you need for Shahraz.

All the avoidance/stam trinkets I can think of. None have both.

Moroes' Pocketwatch (dodge + dodge use)
Scarab of Displacement (def + def use)
Terokk drops a trinket (def + LGG use)
Dabiri's Enigma (def + block use)
Regal Protectorate (def + LGG use)
Shadowmoon Insignia from BT (def+dodge + LGG use)

27 stamina: Timelapse Shard
36 stamina: Violet Badge, Argussian Compass
40 stamina: Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet
45 stamina: Commander's Badge, Poultryizer / Rocket Launcher
51 stamina: Darkmoon Cards: Madness & Vengeance
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Parth » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:39 pm

I'm at about 531 defense... I can definately afford to lose some of that to gain stam and some more avoidance..
Parth

Postby Oranniv » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 am

I would say you'd be safe in replacing the Silver Hand ring for the blue ring drop from the last boss in Arcatraz or it's upgrade brother from Morogrim.
Oranniv

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice