Looking for a good Guide to Constructs on Gorefiend video

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Looking for a good Guide to Constructs on Gorefiend video

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 am

Going into BT for first time tommrow so I've been trying to look for a good video on How To:Gorefiend constructs and such.
Lightbeard

Postby Base » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:18 am

Play this:

http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/

It's much harder than the real thing, so win this and win at life!
Base

Postby TheNull » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:36 am

The only video you'll ever need to watch for Teron Gorefiend:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmuJDUmq ... re=related
TheNull

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

holy crap i'm failing at that game
Lightbeard

Postby Arcand » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 am

The most efficient way to kill them is Volley - Chains - Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Volley Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance.

But for your first time, I recommend skipping the volley; it's more important to get them under control. So Chains Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance. Once they're all slowed to 10%, you'll be settled down and you can start throwing AoEs without anything getting away from you.

(I click-target. Many don't.)
Arcand

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:00 am

So pretty much

Chains
1 Lance to each
1 Lance Again
Chains
volley
Lance or Chains
Repeat?
Lightbeard

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 am

Yup. As long as you lance each construct at a time, you can keep them under control.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dobbelsteen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Lightbeard wrote:So pretty much

Chains
1 Lance to each
1 Lance Again
Chains
volley
Lance or Chains
Repeat?

Volley before your second chains, otherwise you'll just break all chains immediatly.
Dobbelsteen

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Honestly until you get used to it, you can just ignore volley completely and go with lance and chains.

2 lance on first, switch, 2 lance on second, switch, 2 lance on third, switch, 2 lance on last, switch, 2 lance on first, ...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:33 am

on my 1st time there i did exactly as it was instructed on that flash game, as soon as the DBM will show u will die, run to the farthest corner of the room and spam ur voley key, this way when ur transformig u allready casted voley, when that's over u start imediately spamming the chains one, then 2 lances on 1st mob and then one each, cycle between them till they are dead, on my 1st time there i had just 1 hit a raid member, and another lance finished him off imediately after, as long as not all 4 reach the raid it should be fine since they don't hit that hard.
caboom

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 am

The problem with "2 lance, tab, 2 lance, tab" is that the final one will get away before you have a chance to lance him, unless you have 0 latency and godlike reflexes.

Volley, shackle, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance dab.

Once you get the hang of it, you can throw in an extra volley from time to time but keeping them slowed is a lot bigger prio
Seloei

Postby Arcand » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 am

Lightbeard wrote:So pretty much

Chains
1 Lance to each
1 Lance Again
Chains
volley
Lance or Chains
Repeat?

Chains is like Frost Nova, only it breaks on damage...

...and what you want to watch out for is, if you get them all nice and slowed and then run into them, Volley, Chains, back out to start throwing lances...the slow debuff can wear off them if you aren't moving smartly. Suddenly one breaks Chains and takes off at 100% speed, you take a few seconds to lock it down during which two more take off, and now it's panic time.

Even though it takes a bit longer, just cycling through them with the lances keeps them totally controlled and they'll go down. You can hold Chains for in case you screw up, and Volley for when they're all down to a sliver and you want a stylish way to finish them off.

Another point - if this is an experienced guild, the person before you will probably shred their constructs and will be waiting to help you when yours pop, and at the end of your life as a ghost you'll have 10-ish seconds to help the next person. The best thing you can do for them is lances - pile on those slow debuffs so the constructs don't get anywhere near your raid.

One lance does 10% of a construct's health.
Volley does 30% of a construct's health.
One lance's slow debuff is a 30% speed reduction and stacks three times.

The slow debuff seems, to me, to last a bit longer in the sim than it does in-game. Watch a movie and then try the sim again; even though I was doing the right stuff before I saw a movie, after the movie I was more fluid and things came together really fast.
Arcand

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:31 pm

We did Gorefiend tonight took 2 attempts the only time I got to try it the MT died and I only became a ghost for 5 seconds
Lightbeard

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 am

I always found Lancing each one once to be kind of retarded. You waste good CC.

I do:
aoe
chain
lance, lance, lance one
lance each other once
repeat

The lance slow stacks to 3.
Elsie

Postby caboom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:07 am

Seloei wrote:The problem with "2 lance, tab, 2 lance, tab" is that the final one will get away before you have a chance to lance him, unless you have 0 latency and godlike reflexes.

Volley, shackle, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance, tab, lance dab.

Once you get the hang of it, you can throw in an extra volley from time to time but keeping them slowed is a lot bigger prio

the problem i faced with that is the fact that they would run faster than my GCD would alow me to hit them, and since i was slow i just double lanced the 1st one and then single lanced the rest, that's what i meant there. however 1 still managed to get away and poke someone before i killed him :P
caboom

Return to Black Temple