Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Seloei wrote:So basicly, it was melee being stupid as usual when they were dieing like i was afraid.

It took a while for ours to learn to stay away from the fire too. They eventually adjusted, however.

Seloei wrote:But... i was talking with a few from the only other guild on our server whos gotten illidan and they said they don't kite him. They just assign 2 healers on each tank and spam heal through it. With only dodging the beams if they come near the glaives.

Is that a "shortcut for people who can't move" or something else?
I was under the impression the green patches stacked on the ground, so you would get a 5x1250 dot ticking in the end?

That seems like a very dangerous strategy to me. A few unlucky resists and you could die almost instantly. Even double blaze is pretty painful. I can't imagine tanking through more than that.

You shouldn't need more than two healers on a tank if you're kiting them, though.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Amarant_Pally » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 am

Firstly, last night was my 2nd night of tanking the Flames of Azzinoth. The first night had a few Shear related wipes, and pleeeeenty of P2 deaths while us 2 tanks got a feel for things. Last night, however, an interesting thing happened: I got charged a few times by the *other* tank's Flame.

Now, knowing these things: My distance to him/his flame/his flame's blade has NO relation to my kite path/my flame/my flame's blade, what would cause his flame to charge me? Was he out of the radius of the blade, and it just "chose" to charge me? Could it have picked someone else to charge? Or does the *other* flame tank always get charged if one tank moves out of the radius?
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:03 am

The distance from your blade decides if you'll be charged or not.

The distance of the flame from his blade decides if it'll enrage or not.

That said, blades are like totems, they have a "immune to charge" aura pulsing for ~30-40 yds. Mark your blade on the start of the phase and try to not stay further than 30 yds from it and you'll be fine.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Juugimus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 pm

I wrote a simple little addon that wil warn you when you stand in blaze. I tank the flames and I know sometimes it can be a pain to determine when you are standing in blaze.

Hope it helps.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... lazed.html

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:13 am

Alternatively just turn up ambient sound and you can hear it burning your toes....
Base

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:39 am

Actually, if you take it too far from the warglaive but not too far from the other Flame, he will start hitting for a lot more without glowing red. Was wondering why he was hitting for 65k unmitigated
Seloei

Postby Juugimus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 am

Elthar wrote:Alternatively just turn up ambient sound and you can hear it burning your toes....

Yup, I know you definitely don't NEED a mod to tell you. I just sometimes forget to turn down spell details or turn up the ambient so it's a nice little reminder.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Niia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:43 am

I have been told many times that I need both 365 Buffed FR AND at least 490 Def. From what I have been reading here the FR Cap is the most important and then just try to stack stam? It doesnt seem like there is much emphasis on that 'uncrittable' mark as it can be mitigated by resistance. As a Pally with 365 FR, where should I be sitting at as far as unbuffed health, and obviously as close to 490 as possible.
Niia

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:49 am

The general consensus is capped FR, and as close to capped def as possible. The majority of the damage is magical, but that doesn't mean you want to get critted as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:27 pm

This might sound like a stuipd question and was wondering if i could get quick reply but warlock, raid leader, keeps putting up curse of weakness on them.

If I'm not mistaken couldn't you have like 0 armor and tank them or am i wrong?
as long as you have the hp/FR/uncrit?
Lowgrus

Postby Niia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:27 pm

True, armor does NOT mitigate magic damage at all.
Niia

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Niia wrote:True, armor does NOT mitigate magic damage at all.

so i can tell warlocks to stop putting up curse of weakness?

any where i can find this info? to prove to the silly raid leader?
Lowgrus

Postby Mortehl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Lowgrus wrote:
Niia wrote:True, armor does NOT mitigate magic damage at all.

so i can tell warlocks to stop putting up curse of weakness?

any where i can find this info? to prove to the silly raid leader?

If your raid leader is unaware that magic is not mitigated by armor, I think you have bigger problems.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Mortehl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 pm

wowwiki wrote:Resists are the magical counterpart of Miss, Dodge, and Parry. Even though the Armor attribute and Defense skill generally affect the ability to mitigate physical damage, they are not considered resistances. However, there are some border cases; for example, the Hunter's Arcane Shot can be partially resisted, but a full resist is shown as a miss in the combat log.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Resist

wowwiki wrote:Armor is a class of items that mitigate physical damage and are equipped in the different armor slots (head, shoulder, back, chest, wrist, hands, waist, legs, feet, and off-hand for shield). This sort of armor contributes to the Armor attribute, a numerical value that translates into physical damage mitigation in combat.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 pm

so flames of azzinoth due 0 melee damage?
Lowgrus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple