Remove Advertisements

Serpentshrine Cavern - Lady Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kaelthar_ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:58 am

Vashj has been owning us for 2 months. We raid 3 nights a week for 2.5 hrs a night. The last while we've been doing T6 to get our spirits back up, and then going back after Vashj. We have 3 bosses down in Hyjal and 2 in Black Temple after only 2 weeks.

We tried Vashj again this past Wed. and Thurs. and she smoked us again. Alot of it is getting the rust off. And new kiters learning the fight (or finding the kiter is just not capable and replacing them). And then its just mistakes or flukes in phase 2 that keep screwing us over.

Whoever made this encounter should have their fingernails torn off slowly.
Too many chances for something to go wrong in P2. We are now outlawing nets b/c people keep getting killed.
Kaelthar_

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:02 am

Kaelthar_ wrote:Vashj has been owning us for 2 months. We raid 3 nights a week for 2.5 hrs a night. The last while we've been doing T6 to get our spirits back up, and then going back after Vashj. We have 3 bosses down in Hyjal and 2 in Black Temple after only 2 weeks.

We tried Vashj again this past Wed. and Thurs. and she smoked us again. Alot of it is getting the rust off. And new kiters learning the fight (or finding the kiter is just not capable and replacing them). And then its just mistakes or flukes in phase 2 that keep screwing us over.

Whoever made this encounter should have their fingernails torn off slowly.
Too many chances for something to go wrong in P2. We are now outlawing nets b/c people keep getting killed.
Good luck doing RoS, Brut, Illidan, Archimonde if you can't down vashj
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kaelthar_ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks for the words of encouragment :p

But I've read up on those fights and they don't seem to have as much juggling as Vashj phase 2. So I really don't expect to be stuck on them like we have been on Vashj.
Kaelthar_

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Vashj is, above all, not forgiving on mistakes. Same goes for all these others. Their strats are usually fairly simple too.
It's all execution. Coordinating the cores and kiting the striders. We use a boomkin usually, and he has all the help we have: nets from tailors, my avenger's shield if i'm already tanking a naga, and so on.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dapperdann » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:13 am

I been thinking vashj can be done with one tank and DPS warroir. This will bring more DPS to the fight and maybe help with phase 2.
Dapperdann

Postby Kaelthar_ » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Finally got Vashj down. What a relief.
Kaelthar_

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:55 am

Went to try her last week for the 1st time (we are 4/5 HS, 3/9 BT).
Last tried of the night, we went out of phase 2 with only 1 dead.

Then we poped the BL and we got smoked (wiped at 21%). After reading this thread, It seems that I missed the grounding totem part to help the tanks. Aggro was an issue because of the rooting / stunning, it was hard to stay on top of the aggro list when all our DPS go all out.

Any other trick that can be helpful on phase 3?
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 am

having a hunter burn the bats quick usually buys you time to kill her.
Abuse blessing of freedom, just make sure you're not the one giving yourself kings =P

Vashj is tauntable, so if a tank is rooted, you can also taunt and keep going from there. A bit like Olm and his Death Coils
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:33 am

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Went to try her last week for the 1st time (we are 4/5 HS, 3/9 BT).
Last tried of the night, we went out of phase 2 with only 1 dead.

Then we poped the BL and we got smoked (wiped at 21%). After reading this thread, It seems that I missed the grounding totem part to help the tanks. Aggro was an issue because of the rooting / stunning, it was hard to stay on top of the aggro list when all our DPS go all out.

Any other trick that can be helpful on phase 3?

make sure your dps cleans up all of the adds before starting on vashj again, that should give you time to build a decent threat lead

save your BoF for yourself and cast when you hear the roots sound, it's usually enough so your healers can focus on keeping the raid alive, and she doesn't cast roots more often than the cooldown of BoF in my experience

kite her in slow circles starting from the center and spiraling slowly outward, if dps is slow move onto the stairs and kite her down there once the middle is full of poison

don't tank her near the generators, she can evade bug and it's super lame when she resets health
baleogthefierce

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern