Remove Advertisements

Recommend me a Heroic! =D

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Recommend me a Heroic! =D

Postby Excubitor » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Hey guys, just poking all of you for a suggestion real quick. =p

Based on my gear/stats and running with a 1650 ish +healing holy priest/shadow priest/fury warrior/ whatever, what would be a suggested heroic(s) to run for badges? I've tanked Slavepens, Underbog, and Botanica so far with no trouble at all.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Excubitor

(Also, I know this isn't the gear forum, but if any of you have a comment on something gear related then feel free. ^^)
Excubitor

Postby Engendrus » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:01 pm

I recommend heroic Mechanar ( 4 badges in 45 min) and heroic Steamvault, to get a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27804
Engendrus

Postby Solarion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Shattered Halls is 5 badges if you can do it in under 55 minutes. I run it over Mech primarily because I find it less difficult. Mech can be tricky with the demon AOE packs, Nethermancer, the charged fist robots and the Panthaleon hallway.

In SH, the only really tricky parts are the gauntlet if you're not experienced at it, O'morogg and not pulling the gladiator packs while clearing that hallway.
Solarion

Postby Excubitor » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks so far! Also, to tack a question on, how suicidal do you think it would be for me to attempt heroic MgT at least up to the third boss?
Excubitor

Postby BigBlueCheese » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Most likely with enough CC and a good healer.
BigBlueCheese

Postby Invisusira » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:30 pm

You gotta remember, heroics (with possibly MgT as an exception) are designed with people in pre-kara gear in mind. You're full blues and epics, so you're good to go for pretty much any heroic.
Invisusira

Postby Andurin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 pm

First heroic I did was Shattered Halls... Great Heroic :D And together with Botanica its my favourite atm ^^ easy badges, lots of AoE pulls :)
Andurin

Postby UMIO » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:51 am

yeah your pretty much good to try most of the heroics but the hard ones. IMO Mech and Bot are pretty easy for badges are you can do them pretty easily
UMIO

Postby Thenin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:04 am

Excubitor wrote:Thanks so far! Also, to tack a question on, how suicidal do you think it would be for me to attempt heroic MgT at least up to the third boss?

(H) MgT is interesting in that it's a loooot of magic-damage, so your defense and whatnot isn't as useful as, say, Shattered Halls where everything beats on your face. I successfully tanked H MgT when I was way under your gear lvl so I'd suspect that as long as you've got a competent group (read: 1k+ heals, a CC or 2, and remotely decent DPS'rs) you should be able to do it no problem.
Thenin

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 pm

I find H-bot the easiest by far.
little longer than mech, but an extra badge.
With good dps the first boss dies without summoning healing adds, the second boss dies after only 1 healing tree form change, the last 2 bosses being cakewalks and the only mildly challenging boss is the demon one.

5 easy badges. 7 if its the dialy :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics