Remove Advertisements

Brutallus causes QQ overdrive!

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Baelor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:46 am

DJSticky wrote:Bad fury warrior keeping TC up = losing a ton of rage, missing WW CDs, staying in battle for to long, losing more rage switching back all of which may be less, more or equal to the amount of DPS they aren't doing because they are bad anyway so who cares?

/sacrasm on
BUT IF I LOSE RAGE TO T-CLAP HOW WILL I CLICK REND?
/sarcasm off

DPS Warriors who refuse to Thunderclap need to learn how to manage their rage/cooldowns better.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:50 am

We tend to favor DPS groups more than tanks actually. This week on twins my group was 2 holy paladins, a resto druid and the warlock tank. Threat wasn't great, didn't really matter though because conflag was the main cause of any failures.

So I should qualify, if you put a feral tank in the hunter group it's not because you want him to live longer :)
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sechs » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 pm

If someone logs off in the middle of the raid like that one did he would be out of the guild 2 sec after he left the raid.

Couldent be arsed to read the whole thread as am going to sleep soon. :p
but why not use a arms warrior they don't lose that much form debuffing and they buff raid while still doing decent dps.
Sechs

Re: Brutallus causes QQ overdrive!

Postby knaughty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Consecrate wrote:All good so far, only the problem is that on Brutallus when the Warrior is not there, all of the DPS warriors start to QQ violently about having to keep up TC Demo shout and Sunders, one of them even logged off saying that they can't be bothered until there is a warrior tank online as paladins can't tank this fight.

G-kick this warrior. Now. Seriously, the GM or any random officer should have hit G-kick instantly.

Consecrate wrote:Also, I am having problems with my JotC falling off the debuff list, other than switching rogues to instant rather than deadly, is there anything I can stop people doing to stop this happening?.

Switch rogues to Instant was enough for us. Get a mod to track debuffs - I use Demon from WoWace.

PS: An Affliction lock is a big deal from a survivability perspective, even if he isn't in your group. We make one of the Demo locks respec so our tanks don't get roflstomped.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Levantine » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:43 am

There ARE Demo locks in T6+.

I KNEW it! =D
Levantine

Re: Brutallus causes QQ overdrive!

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:45 am

Knaughty wrote:
Consecrate wrote:Also, I am having problems with my JotC falling off the debuff list, other than switching rogues to instant rather than deadly, is there anything I can stop people doing to stop this happening?.

Switch rogues to Instant was enough for us. Get a mod to track debuffs - I use Demon from WoWace.

PS: An Affliction lock is a big deal from a survivability perspective, even if he isn't in your group. We make one of the Demo locks respec so our tanks don't get roflstomped.

We found out that best way to solve the debuff issue was not using JoL (even if i'm there as retri), and rogues using istant poison on offhand. And not bringing more than 2 SP :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Consecrate » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 am

Well he's dead now with 2 seconds to enrage which is pretty suprising.

http://wowwebstats.com/s52d2svlrcymk?s=228996-262409

The QQing warrior used to be arms but he got a glaive very recently as he was the warrior who officers thought most deserved it (highest attendance and stuff) and specced fury. He sucked it up after he got the glaive and just did the required debuffs anyway.

Because my guild has only just killed Kalecgos (5 weeks ago) we didnt start Brutallus until last week so I am suprised we managed to kill him.

The random bastard roflstomps still piss me off, but we've now put in place tank prio so myself and our druid don't have to wait the 27 raids it would take to get the t6 stuff due to massive negative DKP. Maybe this will help, I don't know.

Debuffs didn't turn out to be much of a problem really, I noticed a couple of things kept falling off, but luckily nothing important dropped off on the kill so I was pretty happy.

I'd have liked to have had an Affliction warlock but our DPS was really only just on time anyway so I doubt a repeat kill would be possible if one of the warlocks specced Affliction.

Anyway, he's dead now, until next week at least (when we start wiping to roflstomps again).

Hopefully Kalecgos might drop something other than protector and the fang this week.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Mex » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:31 am

Wow @ warrior getting a glaive after pulling antics like that.

Grats on the kill but yeah, imp Tclap is so so so important for that fight it's just not funny.
Mex

Postby Solitatis » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:41 am

Worldie wrote:Actually our usual tank group is interesting, depending on who tanks:

Druid + Warrior:
Druid
Warrior
Hunter
Hunter
Hunter or DPS War

Druid + Paladin:
Druid
Hunter
Hunter
Paladin
Hunter or DPS War

Warrior + Paladin
Paladin
Warrior
Hunter
Hunter
DPS War or Feral Druid or Resto Druid or Hunter

However, last week we had me + war again, but we went for tank party like this
Prot War
Hunter
Hunter
Hunter
Feral Druid (dpsing)
and i was in the healer group for maximum DPS synergy in G1. Well Improved Devotion aura isn't that bad after all :P I just had to remind my healers i had 3% less dodge and 1 less Stomp button since i had to wear some stamina gear over avoidance gear due to lack of Commanding Shout

We do something similar to this, but our tank warrior wants a ench shammy also so its usual hunter,hunter, shammy, warrior and me. Im good with that. WF if I want it (normally use oil thou) and agi totem twisting. We run with 2 enchan shammy so its np haveing on in tank grp.
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Ratanna wrote:tclap is a huge loss in DPS for a warrior just fyi. .

no.

no.

just no.
I'd like the documentation for that. Warrior QQ is pretty high on my side too.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=9039
There was another thread elsewhere in which Lore basically said the same thing about TC and the damage loss. It's annoying, but not a big deal. EDIT: Found it.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=9713

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau